Announcement

Collapse

Diva Chix Rules

General Rules
  • Familiarize yourself with the Terms Of Service.
  • You are only allowed to have ONE account per member. If you are banned from Diva Chix, you are not allowed to make a new account. That one will just be banned as well.
  • You are not allowed to bully, defame, distress, abuse, harass, stalk, or threaten members. This includes via guestbooks, messaging, private messages, forums, your own profile or any other method.
  • You are not allowed to ask for someone else's password, or give your password to anyone else. Protect your password as you would on any site. Diva Chix is not responsible for any damage to your account due to lost, stolen or shared passwords.
  • We strongly advise against all trading and/or begging and do not support the Gift feature being used in this manner. You are setting yourself up to potentially be scammed. If you fall victim to any sort of partnership/trading gone wrong, you are solely responsible - it will not be our responsibility and your stats/clothing will not be restored.
  • Do not partake in any scam activity such as sites offering free stats for Diva Chix. They are just after your password and account. You are responsible for your account at all times, if you become victim of one of these scams, we will not rectify the problem.
  • Advertising threads, shops, debates, cliques or anything else outside of member services or allocated places on the forum is considered spam and is not allowed.
  • Please type in English - the moderators need to be able to understand exactly what you are saying.
  • Do not spam the site. For those of you who do not know what spam is please read the following points:
    • Typing gibberish that makes no sense.
    • Constantly repeating messages.
    • Constantly repeating links.
  • Chain letters that contain false information are prohibited. You are not allowed to post these anywhere on the site or forum.
  • “I am leaving Diva Chix” threads are not allowed. This is because they are spam, and generally only for attention-seeking. If you are leaving DC, you may post that information on your profile.
  • Please respect the staff at all times. Insubordination will not be tolerated. If you have a problem with any given staff member please speak to their superior.
  • You are not allowed to imitate staff for any reason.
  • Please do not 'mini mod', this includes pretending to be a mod and enforcing rules.
  • For your own safety, please do not give out your last name, address, telephone number, school name, or any other personally identifiable information. Diva Chix will not be held accountable.
  • Strictly no links to inappropriate websites are allowed such as sites containing sexual, crude content/illegal activity.
  • Do not post any illegal content - such as, underage drinking, doing drugs, theft, etc.

SEXUAL CONTENT
  • Graphic or obscene sexual talk is prohibited. It is inappropriate and is not allowed here.
  • No sexual-related material of any sort (text, pics, music, etc)

Graphics & CYO
  • Do not claim other members’ CYO creations, edit and/or upload and sell them as your own.
  • Do not claim other members’ graphics as your own or use without crediting the creator (unless it is already tagged).
Event Rules

You are not allowed to:
  • Post info about a current event you are in. This includes posting your opponent's name, a description of the opponent doll, or the score of the event.
  • Ask people to specifically vote on your events.
  • Attempt in any way to influence the outcome of an event.
  • Cheat in anyway possible to win an event.
  • Use your name/username/guild name in events involving opponents.
  • Use family accounts to aid or advance you in any shape or form within the game.
  • Cast more than 75% negative votes in events to influence the outcome of the result.
Language
  • Profanity is ok to use on Diva Chix, however it won't be tolerated when used against another member, speaking about another member, or towards staff. Stronger profanity (such as the f word and sexual slang) will automatically be bleeped out by our system, and must not be circumvented by typing the forbidden word in another manner.
  • For the sake of appearance, refrain from posting any profanity (even masked) in thread titles.
  • While it is ok to use profanity, we respectfully ask that you don't spam the site with excessive profanity just for the sake of doing so. If it looks extreme and excessive, the staff reserves the right to censor it.
Please note that each section of the forum has its own rules that you must adhere to. Check the section rules regularly,they can be found in the stickies in each section. (A sticky is a pinned thread at the top of each forum).

As the site progresses and new features are implemented, the senior management will update the rules as necessary.

~Admin
See more
See less

[Revamp] Lets Talk Ranks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My rank should definitely not be as good as it is haha, I think starting over is a good idea.
    sigpic
    set by strobelightss

Comment

Originally posted by angieluvboo View Post
      Do you all mind if we start over with ranks?

The problem is the ranks don't move enough. People leave for months/years and barely budge. I want to redo this and it will be easier if I scrap the current system altogether.

Anyone have a strong objection?
      OMG I would be so happy about this! I've been a member for TEN years and I don't think I've ever got under 800! Also don't have any trophies! I know I've been on/off for a couple of years but didn't realise it'd be this difficult!! Hahaha, good shout Angie x
      "It's leviosa, not leviosa"

Comment

I think starting over would be good , because also the people who are super active will get to the top too, but I’m also someone whose jumped on here and there too and my rank hasn’t moved much either so being an active player it is really hard to move up or gain trophies, cause I have been playing for 10 years with a 3 year break in between and never got under 500 ranking I finally just got under 1000.

Comment

I think starting over is a good idea. I feel like that would give a lot of users a reason to be more active! With the current system, it seems almost impossible to move up the ranks.

flapping of the burnt wings

Comment

A revamp would be good. I’m active daily. But stuck at the same rank now for what seems like the last two years or more. Sighs.
            sigpic

Comment

I would not object because I imagine that the people who have worked hard to get their rankings would regain them really quickly. Like [MENTION=3505]Vergina[/MENTION] mentioned it took her 10.5 years to get to #53. She worked really hard to get there......... but my goodness it took 10.5 years??? That's the thing that gets me. And I know she's not the only one that worked tirelessly for all these years. But in the revamp I hope she and others can get to where they were quick because they are such hard workers (I think this is where you may be going, Angie). Now........ I would understand that it may not be as easy to maintain the rank in the revamp. If a person goes on vaca it shouldn't drop hard, but if someone is gone for months and months.... I think it's fair that their rank drops harder than it does now.

For me though, I've always been more of a battler than a voter (actually, I've dropped off considerably in both). I think those two should yield equal rewards so that if you prefer one over the other, you're not working harder for one over the other (hope that's not confusing). Not to sound mean, but after I've seen a chunk of dolls on the runway I start getting bored and then I'm voting out of obligation and not for the fun it all. It becomes more of a work feeling than relaxation and fun. Then, I feel like I've lost the purpose of why I came on in the first place. I would really like to see some changes on the runway so that people like me are motivated to vote more. I was wondering if GOC and the regular voting can be combined somehow.....
              Last edited by synoopie; 12-27-19, 10:28 PM. Reason: rethinking myself
              sigpic

Comment

Please fix ranks!

I logged back in and looked at my friends list...There is someone that is in the top 20 but has not logged in for 2 years. I was away for months and I stayed under 700. That is not fair at all. This is the type of thing that made the game feel rigged and why my friends stopped playing (I know it's not but it felt that way)

Comment

I wonder if there is some way to rework ranking so if users have been inactive for a certain period of time - say, three months - your rank is reset. This might help keep active users near the top. (I take pretty frequent breaks from the site, so this is coming from someone who doesn't play consistently.)
                  Every breath is a choice...

Comment

I'm actually good with this idea. Like you can keep your moolah, coins, and upgrades but all other stats that effect rank are lost.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

sigpic

Comment

Im a player who comes and goes every few years. This last time I was gone for a year and my rank only went up by like 100. I've been back for a little over a week and my rank has gone back down to where it was when i left. I'm perfectly fine starting over because i think it's time after so many years to have a fresh start. Part of the fun of the game early on for me, was trying to get a good rank. I probably will never see double digits but I've been content with being under 1000. Would love the opportunity to just start fresh though. Yes its lots of hard work that is going away but theres more room to grow.
                      My Name must taste good because it's always in someone's mouth
                      sigpic
                      Siggy & Avi Created By: EverDream
                      Ignorance Is Bliss
                      Peace. Love. Respect.
                      Just call me your butterfly <3

Comment

I have worked hard to get to my rank since coming back into the game. I don't think it would be fair for those off us who have worked hard to have to restart. However I would say this inactive accounts who haven't been on in about 6/7 months let say for example should be restarted that way the people who work hard like me and many others will move up the rank etc

Comment

I constantly come and go on this site. I love Divachix so much! My rank always goes up when I'm on hiatus. I've been working really hard now to get my rank down a little. I've been on Divachix for almost nine years. I also agree with everyone that said people who haven't been on for quite some time has the same rank. I think it's because they have a lot of fame, style, Hotpoint's, etc. The other day, I kept fluctuating between ranks 477-479. I would have my rank go up and someone who was below me hasn't logged in for a while. I'm happy to see that there are going to be changes on Divachix and I'm so excited.
                          sigpic
                          セーラームーン

Comment

I worked pretty hard to get the rank I am now. I wouldn't like having to start over.
                            http://starlikegirl.deviantart.com/

Comment

think this is one of the topics tht interest me most
                              I still don't mind inactives and the inactive ones tht are above me, I know I was not active enough to be at their place in ranks.
                              I don't mind ranks starting over, but would not like loosing my overall stats, I would still like to know how much battles, style, hotpoints, perception, fame I accumulated in all these past years and from rank revamp on (similar to the overall battle stats I guess).
                              No idea if this is gonna be similar to when perception was implemented or something completely new, but as an idea:
                              same as voting was converted into perception, battling could be a base for a new parameter, talking about random battles. In my mind I see voting and battling as key activities, besides dressing up ofc
                              sigpic

Thank you Laci 4 the fab avi+sig!

Comment

Working...
                              X