Announcement

Collapse

Diva Chix Rules

General Rules
  • Familiarize yourself with the Terms Of Service.
  • You are only allowed to have ONE account per member. If you are banned from Diva Chix, you are not allowed to make a new account. That one will just be banned as well.
  • You are not allowed to bully, defame, distress, abuse, harass, stalk, or threaten members. This includes via guestbooks, messaging, private messages, forums, your own profile or any other method.
  • You are not allowed to ask for someone else's password, or give your password to anyone else. Protect your password as you would on any site. Diva Chix is not responsible for any damage to your account due to lost, stolen or shared passwords.
  • We strongly advise against all trading and/or begging and do not support the Gift feature being used in this manner. You are setting yourself up to potentially be scammed. If you fall victim to any sort of partnership/trading gone wrong, you are solely responsible - it will not be our responsibility and your stats/clothing will not be restored.
  • Do not partake in any scam activity such as sites offering free stats for Diva Chix. They are just after your password and account. You are responsible for your account at all times, if you become victim of one of these scams, we will not rectify the problem.
  • Advertising threads, shops, debates, cliques or anything else outside of member services or allocated places on the forum is considered spam and is not allowed.
  • Please type in English - the moderators need to be able to understand exactly what you are saying.
  • Do not spam the site. For those of you who do not know what spam is please read the following points:
    • Typing gibberish that makes no sense.
    • Constantly repeating messages.
    • Constantly repeating links.
  • Chain letters that contain false information are prohibited. You are not allowed to post these anywhere on the site or forum.
  • “I am leaving Diva Chix” threads are not allowed. This is because they are spam, and generally only for attention-seeking. If you are leaving DC, you may post that information on your profile.
  • Please respect the staff at all times. Insubordination will not be tolerated. If you have a problem with any given staff member please speak to their superior.
  • You are not allowed to imitate staff for any reason.
  • Please do not 'mini mod', this includes pretending to be a mod and enforcing rules.
  • For your own safety, please do not give out your last name, address, telephone number, school name, or any other personally identifiable information. Diva Chix will not be held accountable.
  • Strictly no links to inappropriate websites are allowed such as sites containing sexual, crude content/illegal activity.
  • Do not post any illegal content - such as, underage drinking, doing drugs, theft, etc.

SEXUAL CONTENT
  • Graphic or obscene sexual talk is prohibited. It is inappropriate and is not allowed here.
  • No sexual-related material of any sort (text, pics, music, etc)

Graphics & CYO
  • Do not claim other members’ CYO creations, edit and/or upload and sell them as your own.
  • Do not claim other members’ graphics as your own or use without crediting the creator (unless it is already tagged).
Event Rules

You are not allowed to:
  • Post info about a current event you are in. This includes posting your opponent's name, a description of the opponent doll, or the score of the event.
  • Ask people to specifically vote on your events.
  • Attempt in any way to influence the outcome of an event.
  • Cheat in anyway possible to win an event.
  • Use your name/username/guild name in events involving opponents.
  • Use family accounts to aid or advance you in any shape or form within the game.
  • Cast more than 75% negative votes in events to influence the outcome of the result.
Language
  • Profanity is ok to use on Diva Chix, however it won't be tolerated when used against another member, speaking about another member, or towards staff. Stronger profanity (such as the f word and sexual slang) will automatically be bleeped out by our system, and must not be circumvented by typing the forbidden word in another manner.
  • For the sake of appearance, refrain from posting any profanity (even masked) in thread titles.
  • While it is ok to use profanity, we respectfully ask that you don't spam the site with excessive profanity just for the sake of doing so. If it looks extreme and excessive, the staff reserves the right to censor it.
Please note that each section of the forum has its own rules that you must adhere to. Check the section rules regularly,they can be found in the stickies in each section. (A sticky is a pinned thread at the top of each forum).

As the site progresses and new features are implemented, the senior management will update the rules as necessary.

~Admin
See more
See less

GOC Chit Chat & Theme Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got done voting on the 2020 Isn't All Bad GOC and I just wanna say CONGRATS to all new babies and grandbabies! 👶😍

Comment

• michelle
      michelle commented
      Editing a comment
      so many covid babies!

• mollym
      mollym commented
      Editing a comment
      for real 🤣

• angieluvboo
      angieluvboo commented
      Editing a comment
      lol I was like WOW thats a lot of babies! 😂

• hey all, jw if i submitted an entry and then changed my mind and resubmitted and see 2 check marks, is it going to take my second one? lol

Comment

• rachel3
      rachel3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea takes the last, I’ve done it before!

• haylstorm
      haylstorm commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks Rachel!!

• Hey all, I just noticed GOC ladders did not reset last night.

Comment

• I gotta write some of my frustration about the interpretation of the theme 'lolita' down here... I get where it's coming from, but I cannot stand the sexy 'lolita' dolls when the GOC theme is anything with lolita. Lolita is a Japanese fashion trend where girls dress up in cute, doll like way - child like even. This was a sort of rebel thing back in the day (against the strict (adult) gender roles Japan has) and was meant as anything but sexy. The whole point was that girls dressed up for themselves (again, in a child like way), as opposed to dressing up for men/in a way men liked it. This fashion style is about as non-sexy as it gets.

At least that's what I think about when I see a lolita theme. I know that there is a book (about pedophilia...) named Lolita and it's been made into a movie, where it's sexualised even more, but that has nothing to do with the fashion style lolita... so, I'm not saying that a sexy doll is necessarily wrong for a lolita theme (it's just another interpretation), but... it kinda feels wrong when you know a little about the fashion movement.

I'm not trying to bash on anyone who entered a sexy doll for today's theme, it's just one interpretation, but I am curious... do those people not know about the fashion movement or do they just choose the other interpretation? Or do they honestly think it's the same thing? Just wondering.

Anyone else feel this way? lol.

Comment

• michelle
        michelle commented
        Editing a comment
        That's the tricky thing with GOC, it is open to interpretation so you never know how things are going to go over. There are MANY themes where I truly don't understand how people interpreted them in the way they did-- like how people who dressed in like a skirt/dress for a romper theme place above people in rompers--but that's more on the voters. But regardless, I'm sure some people while voting don't agree with my interpretation of themes either.

In my mind Lolita is dressing doll-like/child like but people just work with what they find on the site. I attempted to make mine with the doll-like/child-like interpretation but even some of the items on the site meant to be/tagged as Lolita look more "sexy" as our divas are "adults" and the lolita outfits on here are on the shorter side. Again we all have to work with what items we can find and not everyone is familiar with what lolita is in the first place, and as everyone knows, quick google searches can be misleading.

• Vergina
        Vergina commented
        Editing a comment
        You know what, you are right about lolita clothes on this site being on the shorter side... and the ironic thing is, I just did a quick little search on lolita clothes in the dress layer... about 75% of the dresses tagged as lolita are designed by me LOL. And those are more or less the longest dresses I found, but I know they (or most of them) are still a little bit too short for the official rules of lolita clothing (which I think is knee length, whereas I like to make them stop just above the knee). I do that because I myself think it's better looking on our dolls, but then you do get the thing that they are going to look a little bit more sexy. However, for me there is still a big difference between that and a doll that's practically only wearing undergarment (or like a very very short, obviously meant to be sexy, dress). But you are right, there are a few in every GOC theme that for me missed the point of the theme completely (but probably just had another interpretation of the theme than me). And yes, a quick google search can give you the wrong impression sometimes.

• What is a Drow Elf you guys?

Comment

• rachel3
        rachel3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Literally no idea! Was wondering the same thing!

• michelle
        michelle commented
        Editing a comment
        Stumped.

• haylstorm
        haylstorm commented
        Editing a comment
        also came here for this issue hahaha

• Originally posted by jaderain View Post
      What is a Drow Elf you guys?

it’s an evil looking elf, typically very dark blue, purplish or grayish/black skin, white hair. Here’s an example guys in case it helps

Comment

• michelle
        michelle commented
        Editing a comment
        T to the rescue!

• mara_vel
        mara_vel commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol, I’m a nerd, what can I say? 😆

• jaderain
        jaderain commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• It’s been awhile — is tomorrow the last day of the current season or the start of the next season? Haha

Comment

• michelle
        michelle commented
        Editing a comment
        Based on the points I’m thinking it’s the last of the current season tomorrow with the new one starting on Wednesday? I am having trouble with it these days

• just popping in to say i'm utterly OBSESSED with like all the interpretations of the androgynous theme. gorgeous job everyone!!!!

Comment

• angieluvboo
        angieluvboo commented
        Editing a comment
        same. everyone did soooo good

• Anyone else feel like the theme descriptions should be displayed when voting? I feel like they are needed to explain the theme for people voting who did not enter and aren’t aware what the title was intended to mean

Comment

• fashionchallenged
        fashionchallenged commented
        Editing a comment
        There are multiple interpretations of any theme. Even when there is a description, entries are not limited to the description.

• rachel3
        rachel3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Totally get the multiple interpretations. I guess I’d argue why have descriptions at all then? I feel like, at least personally, when a description is provided to explain a theme I want to meet the criteria provided by it, since it was intended to explicitly say what theme was meant to depict. But then not seeing descriptions later while voting removes the context in which entries were created.
        Last edited by rachel3; 01-07-21, 03:58 PM.

• yooo the Favorite Meme theme is so hard 🤣This has to be the hardest theme I've ever tried to create for!

Comment

• michelle
        michelle commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I’m not sure some of them were memes...made it hard to vote on haha.. but there were some pretty clever ones! I thinkkkkk I knew which was yours Angie (the game I play with myself...) but I’m the least confident I’ve been in awhile 🕵🏼‍♀️

• rachel3
        rachel3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha! I had a guess for Angie’s as well! Curious to see

• angieluvboo
        angieluvboo commented
        Editing a comment
        lollol michelle. There were a few really great ones, I agree. I wonder who has my favorite one! Cant wait to see the results.
    Working...
    X