Announcement

Collapse

Diva Chix Rules

General Rules
  • Familiarize yourself with the Terms Of Service.
  • You are only allowed to have ONE account per member. If you are banned from Diva Chix, you are not allowed to make a new account. That one will just be banned as well.
  • You are not allowed to bully, defame, distress, abuse, harass, stalk, or threaten members. This includes via guestbooks, messaging, private messages, forums, your own profile or any other method.
  • You are not allowed to ask for someone else's password, or give your password to anyone else. Protect your password as you would on any site. Diva Chix is not responsible for any damage to your account due to lost, stolen or shared passwords.
  • We strongly advise against all trading and/or begging and do not support the Gift feature being used in this manner. You are setting yourself up to potentially be scammed. If you fall victim to any sort of partnership/trading gone wrong, you are solely responsible - it will not be our responsibility and your stats/clothing will not be restored.
  • Do not partake in any scam activity such as sites offering free stats for Diva Chix. They are just after your password and account. You are responsible for your account at all times, if you become victim of one of these scams, we will not rectify the problem.
  • Advertising threads, shops, debates, cliques or anything else outside of member services or allocated places on the forum is considered spam and is not allowed.
  • Please type in English - the moderators need to be able to understand exactly what you are saying.
  • Do not spam the site. For those of you who do not know what spam is please read the following points:
    • Typing gibberish that makes no sense.
    • Constantly repeating messages.
    • Constantly repeating links.
  • Chain letters that contain false information are prohibited. You are not allowed to post these anywhere on the site or forum.
  • “I am leaving Diva Chix” threads are not allowed. This is because they are spam, and generally only for attention-seeking. If you are leaving DC, you may post that information on your profile.
  • Please respect the staff at all times. Insubordination will not be tolerated. If you have a problem with any given staff member please speak to their superior.
  • You are not allowed to imitate staff for any reason.
  • Please do not 'mini mod', this includes pretending to be a mod and enforcing rules.
  • For your own safety, please do not give out your last name, address, telephone number, school name, or any other personally identifiable information. Diva Chix will not be held accountable.
  • Strictly no links to inappropriate websites are allowed such as sites containing sexual, crude content/illegal activity.
  • Do not post any illegal content - such as, underage drinking, doing drugs, theft, etc.

SEXUAL CONTENT
  • Graphic or obscene sexual talk is prohibited. It is inappropriate and is not allowed here.
  • No sexual-related material of any sort (text, pics, music, etc)

Graphics & CYO
  • Do not claim other members’ CYO creations, edit and/or upload and sell them as your own.
  • Do not claim other members’ graphics as your own or use without crediting the creator (unless it is already tagged).
Event Rules

You are not allowed to:
  • Post info about a current event you are in. This includes posting your opponent's name, a description of the opponent doll, or the score of the event.
  • Ask people to specifically vote on your events.
  • Attempt in any way to influence the outcome of an event.
  • Cheat in anyway possible to win an event.
  • Use your name/username/guild name in events involving opponents.
  • Use family accounts to aid or advance you in any shape or form within the game.
  • Cast more than 75% negative votes in events to influence the outcome of the result.
Language
  • Profanity is ok to use on Diva Chix, however it won't be tolerated when used against another member, speaking about another member, or towards staff. Stronger profanity (such as the f word and sexual slang) will automatically be bleeped out by our system, and must not be circumvented by typing the forbidden word in another manner.
  • For the sake of appearance, refrain from posting any profanity (even masked) in thread titles.
  • While it is ok to use profanity, we respectfully ask that you don't spam the site with excessive profanity just for the sake of doing so. If it looks extreme and excessive, the staff reserves the right to censor it.
Please note that each section of the forum has its own rules that you must adhere to. Check the section rules regularly,they can be found in the stickies in each section. (A sticky is a pinned thread at the top of each forum).

As the site progresses and new features are implemented, the senior management will update the rules as necessary.

~Admin
See more
See less

Where are my knitters? Anyone else pick up a new hobby during the pandemic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are my knitters? Anyone else pick up a new hobby during the pandemic?

Hey y'all! I figured I've been around here on and off for 10 years and haven't really gotten to know anyone. I started knitting in April since I had nothing better to do really, being stuck in quarantine in NY with my boyfriend in Canada and the border closed. I've finished 3 projects so far! For someone like me who usually drops hobbies right away (I first bought my knitting needles 10 years ago and gave up almost right away) or doesn't finish projects, this is huge lol. I finished a scarf for my boyfriend's birthday in May (Knit Picks scarf kit, just a basic garter stitch scarf), Tin Can Knits Barley hat, and Jessie Maed's Ripple crop top. The top took me two months to finish and I'm so proud of it. I have a few other projects in progress and I'm so excited to finish my next sweater. Any other knitters or crocheters? If not, what hobbies have gotten you through the pandemic? Have you picked up any new ones?

I knit some I am not great at it thought, but I do crochet almost daily and I cross stitch! In general I own a from home craft business but during quarentine I got a cricut and now im obsessed lol.. PS I love your crop top!! Its adorable and clothes to me are soooo hard, you did awesome!!

Comment

I'd really like to try crocheting! I tried my hand at cross-stitch as a teenager and did not have the patience, but my younger sister loves it. We have a nice little cross stitch sign in our bathroom now that says "Have a nice poop!" 😂

If you ever want to try your hand at clothing, Jessie Maed's patterns are really easy to read. It seems pretty confusing before you start, but once you get to each step, it's not too bad. I was pretty surprised

Comment

Id say go for it! There is a lady on youtube jaydainstitches shes how I learned 5 or 6 years ago but shes really great at teaching the basics and moving up from there! Plus shes just soo fun!! Ill have to give that a go, I can knit the basics but all I have ever done is a knit and purl scarf! For some reason (maybe because I learned crochet first) having 2 needles instead of 1 hooks seems soo hard!

Comment

ahhh that's so gorgeous! My nana taught me how to knit when I was little except she just knows what she's doing and never uses patterns (?????) so she never taught me how to read patterns. So I can do things, but I usually get way to fed up trying to figure out how to do them as needs to be done to get anything that isn't essentially a scarf lol. taught myself how to knit cables tho which was fun. my pandemic hobby of choice over the summer was getting DEEP into baking haha. i did sourdough and then had a French pastry phase LOL. These were probably my prettiest bake of the summer
          https://www.instagram.com/p/CD7avMcAlhT/

Comment

Originally posted by CadyJean View Post
            I can knit the basics but all I have ever done is a knit and purl scarf!
            Exactly this 👆 for me lol

neon_cookies and I decided to learn to knit about a year ago and we both managed to make a somewhat passable purl scarf. However, my gear has now been sitting under a table in my family room for going on about 6 months now 😆 I actually found it really fun, relaxing and a bit addicting, but like most things I try, I got bored of it. But if I dusted it off and tried it again, I'm sure I would enjoy it. psych0kinesis that sweater is absolutely amazing!! KUDOS! If it's not flat and one-directional I fear I would have no chance LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by mollym View Post
              Exactly this 👆 for me lol

neon_cookies and I decided to learn to knit about a year ago and we both managed to make a somewhat passable purl scarf. However, my gear has now been sitting under a table in my family room for going on about 6 months now 😆 I actually found it really fun, relaxing and a bit addicting, but like most things I try, I got bored of it. But if I dusted it off and tried it again, I'm sure I would enjoy it. psych0kinesis that sweater is absolutely amazing!! KUDOS! If it's not flat and one-directional I fear I would have no chance LOL!
              I am the same way, I mean I crochet all sorts of crazy things and I love that! When it comes to knitting though I seem to pick it up I do a few stitches and then I am like MEH I can do this later and usually move on to a craft I am better at lol... I don't think I could ever knit a sweater that nice though no matter how much I practice lol... I always find that for me 2 needles is SOOO much harder than 1 crochet hook !

Comment

I am the same way, I mean I crochet all sorts of crazy things and I love that! When it comes to knitting though I seem to pick it up I do a few stitches and then I am like MEH I can do this later and usually move on to a craft I am better at lol... I don't think I could ever knit a sweater that nice though no matter how much I practice lol... I always find that for me 2 needles is SOOO much harder than 1 crochet hook !
                I can crochet a little and actually do enjoy it more, although both can be fun and relaxing. My grandma taught me to crochet just a chain stitch when I was little. Man, she used to crank out those afghans like nobody's business lol

Me though? I can only really make doilies 😅

Comment

Oh hey, this thread is active again! Awesome!

haylstorm My mouth is watering looking at your insta (also I just followed you). I tried my hand at baking bread (and bought a bunch of stuff thinking I'd get into bread making) 2 years ago. Came out great, but I didn't have the patience spend 6 hours at a time on it. Baking is such a precise art form and I'm kind of a clumsy person in the kitchen, so I stick to regular cooking. What's your favorite recipe you've made recently? I was a vegetarian for a few months in college and have been wanting to go back to eating less meat.

mollym Thank you! Re the boredom, I found that I like doing simple patterns while I'm doing something else, like watching Netflix. Scarves are painfully boring to me (at least the ones with one simple stitch). I think the key is to find something just interesting enough and to just put something down for a while if you're bored or start something new. I've taken breaks from my current project when it got tedious. I think that's why I like making sweaters though, where I'm always looking forward to constructing the next part and learning a new technique, or quick projects like hats. Colorwork is pretty fun with a simple enough pattern. I'm working on this sweater right now. I genuinely think anyone can make that sweater I made seeing as I'd only made a hat and a scarf before that. It's so forgiving since it's ribbed and really stretchy and the instructions are so clear. Don't underestimate yourself! I'd be super down to do a little knit along at some point if anyone is interested. :)

Comment

psych0kinesis yeah I bought a lotttt of general baking stuff in the summer (piping bag and some tips, gel food color etc) and now am back into school and don't want to do anything finicky haha. My latest obsession lately has been making my own salsa from canned tomato, canned chiptole, onion, cilantro, salt, pepper, cumin in the blender. It tastes like restaurant salsa and is sooo good on like everything!!

Comment

haylstorm That sounds soooo good. Never made my own salsa but I've been doing a super lazy guacamole this week with my breakfast that is basically just avocado, salt, pepper, and Trader Joe's Green Dragon Sauce (a jalapeño hot sauce that isn't particularly spicy). 😂

Comment

I can crochet a little and actually do enjoy it more, although both can be fun and relaxing. My grandma taught me to crochet just a chain stitch when I was little. Man, she used to crank out those afghans like nobody's business lol

Me though? I can only really make doilies 😅
                        I am actually the opposite of you lol I can make doilies but I would much rather make afghans, and graphgans. I don't know what it is but big project are my jam and small projects for some reason I lose interest very quickly

Comment

I am actually the opposite of you lol I can make doilies but I would much rather make afghans, and graphgans. I don't know what it is but big project are my jam and small projects for some reason I lose interest very quickly
                          how funny! I need more immediate satisfaction I suppose. 🤣
                          What are graphgans?

Comment

how funny! I need more immediate satisfaction I suppose. 🤣
                            What are graphgans?
                            Graphgans are afghans created from a chart, so that when you are finished you have crochet a picture into a blanket! They are a ton of fun (though there is a lot of color changing and it can be frustrating) but the final result is seriously worth it!

Comment

Graphgans are afghans created from a chart, so that when you are finished you have crochet a picture into a blanket! They are a ton of fun (though there is a lot of color changing and it can be frustrating) but the final result is seriously worth it!
                              Oh wow. I have never heard of that, but it sounds awesome. It also sounds like it would take a shiteload of skill that I don't have. But yeah, very cool!

Comment

Working...
                              X