Announcement

Collapse

Diva Chix Rules

General Rules
  • Familiarize yourself with the Terms Of Service.
  • You are only allowed to have ONE account per member. If you are banned from Diva Chix, you are not allowed to make a new account. That one will just be banned as well.
  • You are not allowed to bully, defame, distress, abuse, harass, stalk, or threaten members. This includes via guestbooks, messaging, private messages, forums, your own profile or any other method.
  • You are not allowed to ask for someone else's password, or give your password to anyone else. Protect your password as you would on any site. Diva Chix is not responsible for any damage to your account due to lost, stolen or shared passwords.
  • We strongly advise against all trading and/or begging and do not support the Gift feature being used in this manner. You are setting yourself up to potentially be scammed. If you fall victim to any sort of partnership/trading gone wrong, you are solely responsible - it will not be our responsibility and your stats/clothing will not be restored.
  • Do not partake in any scam activity such as sites offering free stats for Diva Chix. They are just after your password and account. You are responsible for your account at all times, if you become victim of one of these scams, we will not rectify the problem.
  • Advertising threads, shops, debates, cliques or anything else outside of member services or allocated places on the forum is considered spam and is not allowed.
  • Please type in English - the moderators need to be able to understand exactly what you are saying.
  • Do not spam the site. For those of you who do not know what spam is please read the following points:
    • Typing gibberish that makes no sense.
    • Constantly repeating messages.
    • Constantly repeating links.
  • Chain letters that contain false information are prohibited. You are not allowed to post these anywhere on the site or forum.
  • “I am leaving Diva Chix” threads are not allowed. This is because they are spam, and generally only for attention-seeking. If you are leaving DC, you may post that information on your profile.
  • Please respect the staff at all times. Insubordination will not be tolerated. If you have a problem with any given staff member please speak to their superior.
  • You are not allowed to imitate staff for any reason.
  • Please do not 'mini mod', this includes pretending to be a mod and enforcing rules.
  • For your own safety, please do not give out your last name, address, telephone number, school name, or any other personally identifiable information. Diva Chix will not be held accountable.
  • Strictly no links to inappropriate websites are allowed such as sites containing sexual, crude content/illegal activity.
  • Do not post any illegal content - such as, underage drinking, doing drugs, theft, etc.

SEXUAL CONTENT
  • Graphic or obscene sexual talk is prohibited. It is inappropriate and is not allowed here.
  • No sexual-related material of any sort (text, pics, music, etc)

Graphics & CYO
  • Do not claim other members’ CYO creations, edit and/or upload and sell them as your own.
  • Do not claim other members’ graphics as your own or use without crediting the creator (unless it is already tagged).
Event Rules

You are not allowed to:
  • Post info about a current event you are in. This includes posting your opponent's name, a description of the opponent doll, or the score of the event.
  • Ask people to specifically vote on your events.
  • Attempt in any way to influence the outcome of an event.
  • Cheat in anyway possible to win an event.
  • Use your name/username/guild name in events involving opponents.
  • Use family accounts to aid or advance you in any shape or form within the game.
  • Cast more than 75% negative votes in events to influence the outcome of the result.
Language
  • Profanity is ok to use on Diva Chix, however it won't be tolerated when used against another member, speaking about another member, or towards staff. Stronger profanity (such as the f word and sexual slang) will automatically be bleeped out by our system, and must not be circumvented by typing the forbidden word in another manner.
  • For the sake of appearance, refrain from posting any profanity (even masked) in thread titles.
  • While it is ok to use profanity, we respectfully ask that you don't spam the site with excessive profanity just for the sake of doing so. If it looks extreme and excessive, the staff reserves the right to censor it.
Please note that each section of the forum has its own rules that you must adhere to. Check the section rules regularly,they can be found in the stickies in each section. (A sticky is a pinned thread at the top of each forum).

As the site progresses and new features are implemented, the senior management will update the rules as necessary.

~Admin
See more
See less

hey guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey guys!

Hi friends!

I've been more active the past two days than I think I ever have been, so I thought I'd post a little about myself.

So hi! My name's May and I'm a 21-year-old university student as well as a journalist. I do both freelance and I'm technically employed with a news publication.

Outside of full-time uni and my journalistic adventures, I actually also work two part-time jobs. Yeah, I'm a pretty busy gal.

That doesn't stop me from enjoying the little things in my spare time, though! I quite enjoy making CYO items and just recently opened a shop on the main site.

I also spend a lot of time reading, knitting, and hanging out with my friends. COVID has definitely barred the latter for a while, though.

Anyway, it's so nice to meet you guys! I hope we can become friends. :)

Best,

May (fadeau)

Hi! I'm newish (only joined a month ago) to the site :3

I'm Lydia and I'm also a 21-year-old Uni student haha. I'm English & I'm studying Creative Writing and Film Studies. I'm hoping to start looking into freelance jobs as a proofreader so that I can support my creative writing whilst still being part of the career - but also be able to support myself!

Outside of uni, I like reading, drawing, gaming, watching films/tv/cartoons/anime (aka anything), spending time with my boyfriend, friends and family and honestly, a whole hoard of other things. I'd love to make CYO items for DC too but I don't know if I'll be very good at it & I'm really picky with DC items so I'll be even pickier with myself haha.

My favourite thing to do is nap somewhere warm with lots of fluffy things.

I can be a bit slow at responses because I can get overwhelmed fairly easily but I love talking to people and I hope slow replies doesn't deter you or anyone from talking to me!

<3 Lydia (celestialskies)

P.S. - I love your DC Icon of Sam and your store name <3

Comment

Originally posted by celestialskies View Post

I'm Lydia and I'm also a 21-year-old Uni student haha. I'm English & I'm studying Creative Writing and Film Studies. I'm hoping to start looking into freelance jobs as a proofreader so that I can support my creative writing whilst still being part of the career - but also be able to support myself!

Outside of uni, I like reading, drawing, gaming, watching films/tv/cartoons/anime (aka anything), spending time with my boyfriend, friends and family and honestly, a whole hoard of other things. I'd love to make CYO items for DC too but I don't know if I'll be very good at it & I'm really picky with DC items so I'll be even pickier with myself haha.

I can be a bit slow at responses because I can get overwhelmed fairly easily but I love talking to people and I hope slow replies doesn't deter you or anyone from talking to me!

It's nice to meet you, Lydia!

You should give CYO a go! Worst case scenario, you don't like it! I find it oddly relaxing! Maybe you'll love it and be a top designer :)

Comment

hey girls! i hope you're having lots of fun at dc <3 i'm christa and i used to be more active round here a few years ago so i'm happy to meet new people here on the forums ^-^

im 22 and im studying graphic design in college! although im going through a bit of a quarter life crisis so im currently taking time off to work, take drawing commissions, and teach myself front end development skills lol

my hobbies and obsessions change all the time but rn im really into anime and gaming! currently very into haikyuu!!, hunter x hunter, and my hero academia <3

Originally posted by fadeau View Post
        Hi friends!

I've been more active the past two days than I think I ever have been, so I thought I'd post a little about myself.

So hi! My name's May and I'm a 21-year-old university student as well as a journalist. I do both freelance and I'm technically employed with a news publication.

Outside of full-time uni and my journalistic adventures, I actually also work two part-time jobs. Yeah, I'm a pretty busy gal.

That doesn't stop me from enjoying the little things in my spare time, though! I quite enjoy making CYO items and just recently opened a shop on the main site.

I also spend a lot of time reading, knitting, and hanging out with my friends. COVID has definitely barred the latter for a while, though.

Anyway, it's so nice to meet you guys! I hope we can become friends. :)

Best,

May (fadeau)
        hi may! i love how productive you are omg im jealous. i have the worst time management and im constantly on the verge of falling asleep on my desk LOL i can't even imagine working TWO jobs on top of everything. what kinds of stuff have you knitted?

hi lydia! oooh id love to see examples of your work! what genre do you like to work with? good luck with the freelance!!

id definitely encourage you to give cyo a try!! there's no wrong way to go about it, just a matter of personal style and taste, and then lots and lots of practice! i first started with making outfits i would wear or based off characters i liked and just kept them to myself until i felt confident enough to show/sell my pieces. so don't feel pressured to come up with 'good' cyo right from the get go!!

Comment

It's nice to meet you, Lydia!

You should give CYO a go! Worst case scenario, you don't like it! I find it oddly relaxing! Maybe you'll love it and be a top designer :)

Nice to meet you too!!

Thank yoou! I do love drawing & sketching but I can't seem to get the knack for digital art. I'd love to be a top designer, honestly xD! What do you use for CYO (like programs/tablet/mouse etc.)?? :3

Comment

Originally posted by thewanderlust View Post
            hey girls! i hope you're having lots of fun at dc <3 i'm christa and i used to be more active round here a few years ago so i'm happy to meet new people here on the forums ^-^

im 22 and im studying graphic design in college! although im going through a bit of a quarter life crisis so im currently taking time off to work, take drawing commissions, and teach myself front end development skills lol

my hobbies and obsessions change all the time but rn im really into anime and gaming! currently very into haikyuu!!, hunter x hunter, and my hero academia <3

hi may! i love how productive you are omg im jealous. i have the worst time management and im constantly on the verge of falling asleep on my desk LOL i can't even imagine working TWO jobs on top of everything. what kinds of stuff have you knitted?

hi lydia! oooh id love to see examples of your work! what genre do you like to work with? good luck with the freelance!!

id definitely encourage you to give cyo a try!! there's no wrong way to go about it, just a matter of personal style and taste, and then lots and lots of practice! i first started with making outfits i would wear or based off characters i liked and just kept them to myself until i felt confident enough to show/sell my pieces. so don't feel pressured to come up with 'good' cyo right from the get go!!
            Hi Christa! Lovely to meet you! I really am, it's so different to past fashion communities I've played - it's so peaceful and lovely here! I love it!

That's awesome! I almost took graphic design courses when I was in college (though UK college is like the end of American school, 16 - 18 year olds) - I chickened out cause I thought I wasn't good enough and feel into film studies instead, haha. Aw, I'm sorry to hear that - honestly relatable though! It sounds like a good alternative though, they're gonna be really useful skills!

Saaame! Oo that's awesome! I love Haikyuu - I really need to finish it! I also need to catch up on anime in general. I used to watch so much but it became more difficult for me to access ; - ; ! What kind of games do you like?

I relate to your view on May's productivity! I have no idea how you do it, May fadeau - it's so inspiring!!

That'd be awesome, if you're sure :3 I have a lot of original pieces that I can post somewhere to show or I have some little, kinda silly fanfics that I write on AO3 (I tend to write for small fandoms, cause the big ones are intimidating haha. I currently have fics for: Miraculous Ladybug, Carry On by Rainbow Rowell and the Netflix Show Alexa & Katie). When I write original work, I love writing a lot of urban fantasy and adding magic to everyday life! Some of my most recent stories have been about: pottery imbued with magic (it's a piece about my hometown and we're known for our pottery history), a good witch who lives with spirits in the swamps (an assignment called for me to write a ghost story and I hate horror so I developed an idea for a "nice" ghost story) etc. I also have a few chapters of a big project I've been working on for years that's set in a fantasy setting and then I'm working on my dissertation that's going down an "uber myth" route (taking mythology/folklore and essentially creating my own, includes sun & moon gods/esses, wiccan witches etc.).
            When I write fanfiction, I tend to do the complete opposite haha. If a story has magic in it, I love doing non-canon alternate realities and taking the magic out and putting them in normal settings.

I aspire for my work to be lighthearted but still thought provoking. Stories (whether in films/cartoons etc) have always been escapes for me, especially during in hard times, and I'd love to be able to give back to an industry that supported me so much and to do the same for the next generation with my own stories. That may be a bit bigheaded of me to hope for though, haha.
            Thank you so much!!

Thank you!! That's what I'd really like to do! Whenever I can't find what I'm looking for I'm like "I could make it myself" and then I fear it'll come out terrible haha! Thank yoou!!

Comment

Nice to meet you too!!

Thank yoou! I do love drawing & sketching but I can't seem to get the knack for digital art. I'd love to be a top designer, honestly xD! What do you use for CYO (like programs/tablet/mouse etc.)?? :3
              I just use photoshop on my laptop! I’m really new at CYO but so far it’s been so fun to test out different styles!

The best part about digital art, in my opinion, is that you can test things out and if they don’t work, you just ctrl-z it away!

Comment

I just use photoshop on my laptop! I’m really new at CYO but so far it’s been so fun to test out different styles!

The best part about digital art, in my opinion, is that you can test things out and if they don’t work, you just ctrl-z it away!
                I'll try and give it a go! Not sure when I'll get enough time though ; - ; !

Truue! I think I just get frustrated sometimes because something that is so easy to draw on paper is so difficult digitally. I feel like I'm learning how to draw again - and I only just learned how to draw haha :3

Comment

Working...
                X