Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > Tina's Mythological Thoughts <3
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

Welcome to TMT! You have entered a blog full of secrets, hopes, and possible dreams
BANNER BY EYA
Rate this Entry

Oklahoma Tornado

Submit "Oklahoma Tornado" to Digg Submit "Oklahoma Tornado" to del.icio.us Submit "Oklahoma Tornado" to StumbleUpon Submit "Oklahoma Tornado" to Google
Posted 05-27-2013 at 11:11 PM by thucthuc

Hi guys,
I wanted to take a moment to appreciate those that are fighting to rebuild their homes and take care of their lost ones.
I live in Moore, Oklahoma where the deadly tornado took place. Luckily for me and most of my friends, the tornado at the last moment turned away from my neighborhood. We were lucky. We were spared.
However, at the time, I was taking my biology final. The sirens went off and we were rushed down to the basement of my school.
I never did finish that final.
I was scared for my life, especially my family since I knew my mom did not have the strength to lift our tornado shelter door. I was worried, especially as it warned on the television that it was approaching my old high school- minutes away from my house.
As the tornado died, I rushed to find a phone and call my family- but all the phone lines were cut off.
It wasn't until later that night and the rest of the week that I found out that 2 elementary schools had taken a blow, 24 had died, with about 7-10 kids dead.
My house had been hit by the May 3rd, but not this one. However, this one hit many at the heart.
There was a story about a mother who rushed to save her son and took shelter at a 7-11. They both died as the roof fell, and that very same boy was a kid in my sister's elementary class.
Many of my teachers or old teachers have had their houses destroyed and my heart breaks. The Moore Clinic where I was originally going to volunteer at was demolished, along with the 7-11, Walmart and part of the Warren Theater.

I haven't been able to write down my thoughts about the tornado till now. Even though it did not hit home for me, many people lost their houses. I'm glad so many people are teaming up to help rebuild Moore, and everyone is going strong. I'm happy to see the community come together, but to those children who never got to live their lives, the adults that got their houses demolished, the adults that died, I can only have my heart break for them.

As of current, there are relief stations almost every where you look in Moore. Stands full of water, diapers, necessities surround the streets, and offer meals to those who lost their homes. I smile at this, for in a time of despair, many are giving hope. Many are donating.

As this goes on, Moore will be rebuilt. We will not give up hope, and we will rebuild until we are as good as new. To those who have dedicated their time to cleaning up the debris and donating their items, I have the utmost respect for them. I'm trying my best to pitch in what I can, and hopefully we can have Moore rebuilt as quickly as possible.

Oklahoma truly surprises us with it's bipolar weather. Even though such disasters as this can happen, we still do not move. Oklahoma is our home, and it's where we want to be.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6177 Comments 8 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 8

Comments

1. Old Comment
    So glad to hear that you are okay, Tina! I wish nothing but the best for your town as it slowly recovers from this tragedy.
  2. Old Comment
    Thanks Rinny! I'm really glad that people from all the states are helping out, so we're definitely not alone :'D
  3. Old Comment
    oh ty lord your ok..my prayers sent out to all affected by this....
  4. Old Comment
    Oh my goodness, Tina i'm so glad you and your family are ok! R.I.P to lives that were lost.
    My thoughts are with you all & I really hope your town is safe & rebuilt soon <3 sending my love your way xo
  5. Old Comment
    So glad to hear you are okay! My heart goes out to those affected!
    Posted 05-28-2013 at 01:34 PM by ocean_crumbles ocean_crumbles is offline
  6. Old Comment
    So happy you are okay, Tina. I wish the best for you and your community. I know you guys will come out stronger from this. I'll pray for those who lost loved ones.
  7. Old Comment
    Well it may not have hit your home but it definitely hit home for you! I'm so glad you and your family are ok and am amazed at the strength of your community and town. Hang in there.
  8. Old Comment
    Thanks guys <3
    Progress is in process, and Obama actually visited yesterday, so things are moving