Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Contests > Site-Run Contests > Completed Competitions > WriteMore! 2018
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

User Tag List
brokentears_, gothicskul, handarose, itsmik3y, JaggedPulse

Old 03-13-2018, 02:39 PM
Pulse Administrator
Forum Administrator
Points: 445,209, Level: 100 Points: 445,209, Level: 100 Points: 445,209, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 36.4% Activity: 36.4% Activity: 36.4%
Last Achievements

Previous Username: x_mini
Mentioned: 1634 Post(s)
Tagged: 175 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2000 Post(s)
_xkilltonight is a mini celebrity_xkilltonight is a mini celebrity_xkilltonight is a mini celebrity_xkilltonight is a mini celebrity_xkilltonight is a mini celebrity_xkilltonight is a mini celebrity_xkilltonight is a mini celebrity_xkilltonight is a mini celebrity_xkilltonight is a mini celebrity_xkilltonight is a mini celebrity_xkilltonight is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Staff Member of the Month Staff Member of the Month Staff Member of the Month Flashgame Blitz Superstar 
Total Awards: 15

Default WriteMore! 2018: Task 3

Hello writers!
It's time for your final task.

The prompt for Week 3 is:
Mystery

Definitely an alluring genre. What kind of story full of plot twists, shocks, and revelations can you come up with?

The word count goal for week 3 is 1000 words.
In order for you to remain in the competition, you have to write at least 1000 words. You are more than welcome to write more! (that's the name of the game after all!)
Extra words will earn you bonus points which will really help you out if you can rack up a good amount of those!

This is the system for how many bonus points you can earn:
0 - 100 words beyond the weekly minimum: 1 point
101 - 150 words: 2 points
151 - 300 words: 3 points
301 - 550 words: 4 points
551 - 700 words: 5 points
701 - 1000 words: 7 points
More than 1000 words: 10 Points + 1 point for every 100 words after 1000.

Everyone will be submitting their words for the Week 3 prompt in this thread.
Please make only one post for your submission.
If you would like to add more words to your entry, please edit your existing post rather than creating a new one.

This prompt will be up until Sunday, March 18th at 11:59pm EST.
Please feel free to edit your entry as many times as you like until the deadline.
However, no new words may be added for this prompt after the deadline.

Good luck everyone! Can't wait to read your submissions

Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !

Old 03-15-2018, 04:52 PM
Senior Forum Moderator
Points: 185,242, Level: 100 Points: 185,242, Level: 100 Points: 185,242, Level: 100
Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1%
Last Achievements

"Self-potato"

My Mood: Relaxed
Mentioned: 546 Post(s)
Tagged: 151 Thread(s)
Quoted: 665 Post(s)
Melissax is a mini celebrityMelissax is a mini celebrityMelissax is a mini celebrityMelissax is a mini celebrityMelissax is a mini celebrityMelissax is a mini celebrityMelissax is a mini celebrityMelissax is a mini celebrityMelissax is a mini celebrityMelissax is a mini celebrityMelissax is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Staff Member of the Month 
Total Awards: 1

Good luck everyone! Can't wait to read your mysteries!

credit: thewanderlust

Old 03-19-2018, 12:58 AM
Emerald Empress User
Points: 58,997, Level: 100 Points: 58,997, Level: 100 Points: 58,997, Level: 100
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Last Achievements

My Mood: Twisted
Mentioned: 177 Post(s)
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
gothicskul has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
WriteMore! 2018 Forum Profile Decorating Contest 1st Place 2014 Holiday Dress Up 
Total Awards: 3

Erik take this dinner over to Miss. Knklebucker. Awww why do I have to go to that cranky old bat? She smells like raw tuna fish, because she sits over theirs with her three cats eating tuna fish with them She's discussing and she's always complaining about everyone. You know no one likes her so why do you keep making her food's and desserts for? Because Erik where not everyone! Miss. Knklebucker is just old and doesn't have anyone to come see her and talk to her that's where out of the goodness of our hearts you and I come into to play. So go now Erik and take Flora her dish before it gets cold. I Miss. Knklebkucker's house is three doors down from ours it’s a white house with black shutters, a wide front bay window with woo steps leading up to her house. A medium iron fence goes around the whole front property to keep kids from walking across her lawn. As I approached I am just gonna call her miss. Flora like my mom does she sat on her porch rocking chair knitting and glaring at me through her wide oversize glasses. Well now Enrique what has your mamma made for me today oh bless her heart. It's a potato casserole miss. Flora. Well child don't just stand there put it on the table there. As I continued to walk up her steps the pleasant aroma of flowers hit my nose. I glanced to the window ceil a purple vast filled with with and purple star lilies. Aren't they beautiful Enrique? Now don't be shy boy I bet there from you oh bless your heart, child your such a sweet boy. I looked disgusted that she would think I would leave her flowers this cranky of hag is for sure nuts. No miss flora I did not leave you those flowers. well come now if that’s the way you want it it'll be our little secret. She laughed showing that four bottom teeth. I rolled my eyes, every two days I am blessed with beautiful lilies my favorite flowers. shrugged as miss. Flora started to stand from her chair as she stood she extended her arms to give me a hug. Noo way are you fricking kidding me I grabbed the potato casserole and shoved it into her arms and hopped off the porch. Gotta go miss. Flora ok honey tell your mamma I said thank you. My trot came to a slow walk as I could still smell those lilies in my nose. Who on earth would leave the crazy bat such pretty flowers. That probably like asking why on earth would my mother keep making food for some chatty, tuna smelling old lady. I glanced back at miss. Floras house she as lifting one of her cats in the air like if it was some sort of new toy. Hey your back how is she? She keeps calling me Enrique why is she calling me Enrique instead of Erik like she was told? Because She likes you, someone is leaving her flowers she thinks its me. Yes she mentioned it last week when i was over there. For the last month every two days someone leaves her fresh lilies. It sounds like a mystery to me. Who is leaving and old bat like her flowers and why, why shes always cranky, and smelly she always yells at the kids if there playing by her house. If a stray ball goes in her yard she never returns it. Shes always giving everyone the stink eye through those oversize glasses she wears. So no I don't see why anyone would leave her such beautiful flowers. I wanted know my detective mind is kicking in. so lets see this calls for my trusty long range telescope. I will catch the sneaky flower person. I sat in my recliner chair with my long range telescope aiming at miss. Flora's house her window curtains were closed tight and showed no shadows. It's ten pm and her house I could tell there was light on because the top part of her front door was stain glass. I st back in my chair and started to play my playstation my telescope was motioned sensored so it would make a noise if there was movement in the direction it was facing. Eleven forty and not a peep. I could see chubby Charles and his family watching tv and eating something. Now why would you be drinking a regular soda. I saw a raccoon run across the street making his rounds as dogs in the distance kept barking. The neighbor across from miss. Flora dragged his trash bin from behind his house as he was whipping his nose with the back of his right hand. i hate to think where that hand just came from. The neighbors dog petey next door to our house started barking. I turned my telescope just a little to see if i see that little brown toy poddle. The street lights flicked a little and I couldn't really see petey against the night. i sat back in my chair and let out a long sighhhh. Come on Erik is this really a mystery or am I just fishing for excitement. Suddenly right when my video online gaming was getting good the scope starts to beep I wanted to ignore for I was right in the middle of online call of duty three. I leaned over to my scope and saw nothing, nothing I stopped for nothing. But just as I was getting ready to flip out there someone was coming from the side of miss. flora's house a tall slinder person with a hoodie on over there head the person round her fence and started walking down the sidewalk thrs our house. without a second thought i flew down our stairs and out the back door. I rounded onto the back ally by our house and came out on the sidewalk the person was walking on. He almost pasted me has he started to head into the street hey dude "whats up shouted" it's a guy about my age sixteen, seventeen he looked up his brown face shown from the cover of his blue hoodie i never seen him before he looked almost stunned that i was there. But why is this black guy leaving miss. Flora flowers? Hey man I'm bored you wanted play some hoops I motioned to the court down the street. The dude just stood there! Look man i'm Erik i slowly approached him so i could get a better look. I live here. Lukus, l'm Lukus let's hoop. Well alright than let's do this. Without a beat this kid played ball he didn"t talk much but we played ball almost an hour before I had to ask him about the flowers. So my man I joke why you leave those flowers for the old lady up the street? Lukus looked at me like if he was sure he wanted to answer the question. Than he looked down at the basketball between his legs. Her name is Flora and that old lady is my grandmother. I started laughing I couldn't help it how could he think that crazy white lady was his grandmother? Dude what makes you think she's your grand mother? because her daughter is my mother, my mother took me to meet my grandmother before but when she saw that my skin was darker than she liked she said that i wasn't any grand child of hers. So my mother left and never looked back. My mother past away form lung cancer a few months ago but she made me promise that i would go see my grandmother and look after her. so for now this is my way of looking after her. Man that's messed up sorry about your mom. Where are you staying now? I work now i am renting a bedroom in someone house. it's cool no worries Lukus said as he stood up to stretch. Look Erik for now I want this to stay between us. Hey that's fine by me. I'd like to get together again and play some more hoops. cool man cool! gotta go bye.
Lukus trotted down the street out of sight it was way past one in the morning so i am so ready for bed. And the mystery as messed up an incomplete as it is on why someone was leaving miss. Flora flowers is solved.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:07 PM
Emerald Empress User
Points: 58,997, Level: 100 Points: 58,997, Level: 100 Points: 58,997, Level: 100
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Last Achievements

My Mood: Twisted
Mentioned: 177 Post(s)
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
gothicskul has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
WriteMore! 2018 Forum Profile Decorating Contest 1st Place 2014 Holiday Dress Up 
Total Awards: 3

Whats the update on this CONTEST it's been almost a week?