Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Contests > DC's 9th Anniversary Gala: Dressed To The Nines!
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

User Tag List

Old 08-01-2017, 10:17 AM
Community Moderator
Points: 128,768, Level: 100 Points: 128,768, Level: 100 Points: 128,768, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5%
Last Achievements

"Attitude is everything..."

Previous Username: orbock
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 1776 Post(s)
Tagged: 109 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1902 Post(s)
hippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Forum Colour Wars Prom Table Activities Graphic Battle Royale Staff Member of the Month 
Total Awards: 10

Default WINNERS 9th Anniversary Create-A-Story!

A Diva Chix Create-A-Story Event WINNERS!

Prizes:

Participation
10,000moolah and 10coins (1-5 posts)
@MadCarlie (5)
@Witchchylde (2)
@ravenstarz (1)

25,000moolah and 25coins (6-9 posts)
@terry35 (8)
@cece1337 (8)
@deniz (7)

50,000moolah and 50coins (10posts or more)
@cat58 (14)
@nessa22 (10)

Special Trophy Awards

Best Sentence with a Special Word or Phase from the Word List Trophy:
(TIE)
@cat58
If this is something the embassy guards can't take care of, it's probably not something I can fix with a stiletto and a parasol, but I need to find out what's going on.

AND

@terry35
As it turned out it was my old friend Miss Emma Starshine the male Burlesque dancer whom loved to cross dress in woman's clothes with a male accessory or two attached to what he/she wore that I had not seen in Donkey's years coming out from behind the For Sale sign yelling SURPRISE!!!

Best Story Twist Sentence Trophy:

@cat58
I was startled when the limo door was jerked open by the constable, who said "Your contact is dead, your cover is blown, come with me quickly if you want to live!"

Diva Chix Story Queen:
@cat58

Bonus Prizes
Use one of the 3 secretly selected Special Words- constable, suspenders, eyebrows
See complete word list here.
Win 50,000moolah and 50coins

Winners:
cat58 (constable)
nessa22 (constable) and (suspenders) Bonus x2
deniz (constable)
cece1337 (eyebrows)
MadCarlie (suspenders)
witchchylde (eyebrows)

The Story: THE CLOCK STRUCK NINE

The day began just like every other, but little did I know that it would not turn out to be an ordinary day.
As I heard Big Ben strike the hour of nine as I hopped into the limo I realized I had lost one of my stilettos as I suddenly lost my balance.
I began to stumble, when in a flash I found myself safe in the strong arms of a handsome constable, and all was kopasetic.
I could see his eyebrows rising sharply and feel my own face burning red, so I tried to play it off with a mild joke, "Probably should have worn my wellies and saved the heels for the destination, eh?"
His smile turned to a dark expression, and the arms he had around me turned hard and rigid.
The parasol in my hand clattered to the ground landing next to my lost stiletto as he whispered, "if you value your life do not go to King's Cross Station tomorrow."
Before my astonished brain could formulate a reply, he had slipped away into the twilight.

Quickly I retrieved my parasol with its charming tartan trim and checked carefully to make sure the secret compartments and weapons of self-defense were still solidly in place.
I stood up quickly and got myself together, taking a discreet look around to make sure i was now alone.
"King's Cross Station," I mused, as I slid into the back seat of the limo. "Whatever could he mean?"

The cogs in my brain were racing; was this chance meeting with the constable just a conquincidence or is someone or something following me around London?
Thinking to myself as the limo drove me away to the London Eye station a few blocks down I knew I just had to go to go to King's Cross and meet someone I trusted at a little known Curiosity Shop called Bits 'n Bobs.

I pondered where to go first-- to meet my contact at Bits 'n' Bobs, or to the reception at the embassy.
I decided to pay a visit to my old friend who I hadn't seen in donkey's years.

When I got my friends cottage she had an old cauldron out front by the door filled with her old deadly parasols and before I could even knock on the door she whipped it open an threw a Victoria Sponge cake out on the lawn; "A mouse ate it, get your stilettos moving and come inside your being followed" She growled.
"I only have a few minutes, I'm due at a reception at the Latvian embassy," I said as I hurried inside.

I had just started to tell her about the mysterious constable when we heard a strange sound coming from the attic.
and as it was almost twilight, lightning suddenly struck, and we were both startled and then laughed at our own jumpiness, hoping the sound was just thunder.
Noiselessly, I slipped the hidden stiletto from my parasol and crept toward the attic stairs.

I paused at the foot of the attic stairs when I saw a flash in the sky and I remembered the limo was still waiting for me outside.
I was thinking that I could just leave and hop in the limo and have Javier drive me back to London when I saw something moving behind an old For Sale sign, saxophone that had suspenders attached to it , and a very large feather duster.
As it turned out it was my old friend Miss Emma Starshine the male Burlesque dancer whom loved to cross dress in woman's clothes with a male accessory or two attached to what he/she wore that I had not seen in Donkey's years coming out from behind the For Sale sign yelling SURPRISE!!!
My heart filled with relief but my mind was swirling with all sorts of different thoughts as I hugged my stellar friend.

"come, we must go to the embassy, something strange is happening and im going to get to the bottom of it"

"Yes my dear, but first we must head to King Cross Station as we have a Hen Party to get to!!"

After a few seconds of hesitation, I agreed to go but I knew that something was still wrong and someone was playing cat and mouse with me tonight, but who...

on our way out i lifted my eyebrows in scepticism, and thought to myself kings cross station again? is it a coincidence or is this stellar friend of mine really so friendly?
The constable told me not to go to King Cross Staton, should I heed his warning or trust my old friend?!
Somewhere in the back of my mind, I remembered Miss Starshine telling me how he hated hen parties; all that forced fun, feather boas, halos, novelty veils and L-plates, but here we were... so eager to attend one.
Perhaps there will be a plethera of scrumptious treats to eat, after all one Does have to eat?

The constable warned me not to go to King's Cross Station-- could this be a trap?
a flash of lightening broke out again causing me to pull myself out of my reverie, ok think, what could miss emma have to gain by bringing me to kings station? what could he/she be planning?
I don't know her motive or what she could be planning, but I do know everything about this situation is fishy and makes no sense what so ever!
Time is running out for me to meet my contact at the embassy, but no-one can know about my mission, so I have to somehow divert Miss Starshine.

" There's a reception I'm already late for and if I attend one more party tonight, it will leave me as poor as a church mouse, Emma." I said and hoped that she would understand.

Suddenly i feel a sack go over my head like a canape, and all i hear is Emma's diabolical laughter.
but because of my stellar reflexes i managed to quickly slip my stilletto out of my parasol which was closed but right at my side.
Like lightning, I jabbed my elbow into his solar plexus, brought my other hand into painful contact with his nose, spun a kick to the knee, and ripped the sack from my head as I ran for the limo.
I ran i to the Limo and yelked "Javier get a move on, we need to get to the Police Station and find that Constable and find out what else he knows."

Knowing Emma would follow me to the Police Station I told Javier step on the gas to lose her/him then double back and head straight to the embassy as fast as possible...
I had to meet Biruta at the embassy before midnight, I could find the constable later.
As we were doubling back my phone and seeing that it was Biruta I picked it up, but before I could say anything I heard several liud bangs on the other end followed by screaming and a loud thud!
Not making a sound I listened to the sounds on the phone and heard a voice that sounded strangely like Emma's say where are the diamonds...

"Diamonds", I thought, "what diamonds, this was supposed to be a simple exchange of intel."
We were suppose to be meeting at the Embassy so Biruta could give me intel on a case, Operation Bling, she needed my help on, could this have been a code involving real diamonds and not really a case?

As I pondered the question in my mind I told Javier to speed it up so we could get to the embassy as fast as possible to see what was going on and also to help Biruta if needed.
If this is something the embassy guards can't take care of, it's probably not something I can fix with a stiletto and a parasol, but I need to find out what's going on.
I put the bits and bobs together and in a flash it came to me, was Kings Cross not a place but a piece of bling??

i did know one person who may know the answer i quickly dialed one of my contacts known as "mouse" it rang and rang, come on, answer..
Finally a quite voice answered the phone in a whisper and I said I need to meet you somewhere safe for some information, same place as last time I asked...
......yes at the same place, near London Eye at twilight, that little cafe that serves the best Victoria Sponge and a pot of Earl Grey......

I was startled when the limo door was jerked open by the constable, who said "Your contact is dead, your cover is blown, come with me quickly if you want to live!"
My eyebrows raised, I flew out with lightning speed, my stilettos clicking on the street beneath them, I hadn't run that fast in donkeys years......

Quickly as we ran down the street he shouted to me as we ran, by the way my name is Simon...

"Marina," I said, "but I think you knew that already."

.....we ran past a Flat with a For Sale sign, "nice to meet you Simon, I like your suspenders" I said a little flirtatiously, I believe I detected a little blush on his face, either that or he was about ready to collapse from running!

....and then the Clock struck Nine- he kissed me as fireworks exploded and the Diva Chix 9th Anniversary Celebration began, then we blended safely into the crowd living to fight evil on another day.

CONGRATS!

Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !

Old 08-01-2017, 12:33 PM
Bronze User
Points: 122,431, Level: 100 Points: 122,431, Level: 100 Points: 122,431, Level: 100
Activity: 55.2% Activity: 55.2% Activity: 55.2%
Last Achievements

My Mood: Angelic
Mentioned: 295 Post(s)
Tagged: 67 Thread(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
cat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
1st Place 2014 Holiday Dress Up Staff Member of the Month Mystery Costume Siggy 
Total Awards: 3

Yay! Thank you! This was a fun event.

1 members like this post.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:49 PM
Clothing & Design Admin
Points: 474,471, Level: 100 Points: 474,471, Level: 100 Points: 474,471, Level: 100
Activity: 50.8% Activity: 50.8% Activity: 50.8%
Last Achievements

":::::Throws Confetti!!!:::::"

My Mood: Goofy
Mentioned: 1616 Post(s)
Tagged: 146 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1235 Post(s)
MadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Staff Member of the Month Holiday Forum Awards Holiday Forum Member Awards Member You Just Can't Get Enough Of DC Anniv. 2012 
Total Awards: 4

That was SO MUCH FUN!!! Congrats @cat58 and everyone who participated, nicely done!!

Thanks Sylvie!! Thanks Rinny!! And thank you Angie!!

Old 08-01-2017, 07:12 PM
Sapphire Princess User
Points: 30,207, Level: 76 Points: 30,207, Level: 76 Points: 30,207, Level: 76
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Activity: 12.6% Activity: 12.6% Activity: 12.6%
Last Achievements

"diva chix!"

My Mood: Mellow
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 72 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
cece1337 is a mini celebritycece1337 is a mini celebritycece1337 is a mini celebritycece1337 is a mini celebritycece1337 is a mini celebritycece1337 is a mini celebritycece1337 is a mini celebritycece1337 is a mini celebritycece1337 is a mini celebritycece1337 is a mini celebritycece1337 is a mini celebrity

way to go guys!! that was slow going, but it turned out pretty cool! congrats to terry and
cat58! definitely enjoyed it

Old 08-03-2017, 02:43 PM
Superstar User
Points: 12,823, Level: 49 Points: 12,823, Level: 49 Points: 12,823, Level: 49
Level up: 5% Level up: 5% Level up: 5%
Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5%
Last Achievements

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 11 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
nessa22 has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
WriteMore! 2014 
Total Awards: 1

Yay! Congrats everyone! It came out great!!

Old 08-03-2017, 02:57 PM
Emerald Empress User
Points: 356,073, Level: 100 Points: 356,073, Level: 100 Points: 356,073, Level: 100
Activity: 30.3% Activity: 30.3% Activity: 30.3%
Last Achievements

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone can see"

My Mood: Busy
Mentioned: 355 Post(s)
Tagged: 85 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
amethyst_eyes is a mini celebrityamethyst_eyes is a mini celebrityamethyst_eyes is a mini celebrityamethyst_eyes is a mini celebrityamethyst_eyes is a mini celebrityamethyst_eyes is a mini celebrityamethyst_eyes is a mini celebrityamethyst_eyes is a mini celebrityamethyst_eyes is a mini celebrityamethyst_eyes is a mini celebrityamethyst_eyes is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
2015 Winter Wonderland Winner: Team Penguin 
Total Awards: 1

Congrats to everyone and my dear friend @nessa22!!

Old 08-05-2017, 09:46 PM
Bronze User
Points: 122,431, Level: 100 Points: 122,431, Level: 100 Points: 122,431, Level: 100
Activity: 55.2% Activity: 55.2% Activity: 55.2%
Last Achievements

My Mood: Angelic
Mentioned: 295 Post(s)
Tagged: 67 Thread(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
cat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
1st Place 2014 Holiday Dress Up Staff Member of the Month Mystery Costume Siggy 
Total Awards: 3

Just got my new trophies, love them!

Old 08-06-2017, 08:23 AM
Prince Oblonsky's sister
Points: 72,637, Level: 100 Points: 72,637, Level: 100 Points: 72,637, Level: 100
Activity: 30.3% Activity: 30.3% Activity: 30.3%
Last Achievements

"Iím very much down to earth, just not this earth."

My Mood: Relaxed
Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
deniz has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Forum Profile Decorating Contest Forum Profile Decorating Contest Forum Profile Decorating Contest Forum Profile Decorating Contest 
Total Awards: 22

Congratulations everyone! That was so much fun!