- Copyright/trademark infringement:
Just because something is on the internet does not mean that it is available to copy and/or alter.
It is your responsibility to make sure that the item is available for use. (Uploading onto the site is not considered 'personal use' even if you are just using it for your doll and not putting it in your shop.) That may mean looking for the original and checking to see if it is copyrighted or trademarked, or it may mean contacting the owner of the copyright/trademark to get permission to use it. It is your responsibility to keep the proof for each image.
- CYO theft:
Copying and/or altering an item/items from CYO designers without permission is not allowed.
It is your responsibility to get permission from the designer and keep proof of that permission before uploading anything onto the system. Whether you are planning to sell, auction or keep if for your own use. If you cannot get permission from the designer, you cannot use it.
- Copying and/or altering Boutique items:
Although DC Mall items are available for download, the Boutique items are not.
You may download and modify Boutique items after they have been added to the Mall. But while they are still in the Boutique, they are considered to be exclusive to the Boutique and modification and selling of Boutique items should be reported as a CYO theft and will be dealt with accordingly.
- Inappropriate images:
If the image is not allowed on the forums, it is not allowed to be uploaded. (Nudity, violence, drug use.)
- Names on items:
Guild names are not allowed in Guild events (Guild Battles, GOC, Guild War). Usernames are not allowed on that user's doll in any events.
It is highly recommended that they not be used on any items. If you upload an item for someone with their username or Guild name on it and they use it inappropriately, both of you will be punished.
Here are a few rules for this section:
RULES FOR REPORTING
- Please create a new thread in this section.
- Please title your post after the user you are reporting (for organizational purposes).
- Clearly state what the offense is in your post.
- Be sure to include a screenshot of the item. If you are unsure about how to make a screenshot, click HERE for a tutorial.
- Include any timestamps and URLs you can. If you are unsure how to get the timestamp for your item, click HERE. If you are reporting a copyright infringement, please include the URL of the original item if you can. If you are unsure how to get the URL, click HERE. We need as much information as you can provide about the item you are reporting and the original (designer name, shop URL, copyright holder, ...).
- The threads in this section are only visible to staff so you will not see your thread after you post, but you'll receive a pm from Security when we've dealt with the offense.
To report CYO theft involving CYO Bundles in any way, please click HERE
Once created the CYO designs are owned by the creator and as the owner, she/he can do whatever she/he wants with the designs (including giving permission for another user to copy and/or alter them).
However, if this permission is not given by the owner, please be advised that the punishment
for these offences are severe
If you have any questions or concerns, please PM fashionchallenged