Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Voice of the Community > Feedback & Opinions > Negative Feedback & Critiques
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

View Poll Results: How many Items should a person be able to bet on in an auction on the forums?
1 2 40.00%
2 1 20.00%
3 1 20.00%
All of them, even if they won't wear it, least they have the moolah 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 05-18-2017, 09:59 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

"If I'm dead, do I still have a mind?"

Previous Username: ashbee
My Mood: Worried
Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Tagged: 104 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3768 Post(s)
ocean_crumbles has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Forum Colour Wars Blog Contests 30 Day Forum Challenge Winner Congeniality  Award 
Total Awards: 37

Default This is something that has been on my mind.. Auctions.. Share your thoughts :)

So something I noticed about auctions, when I try, which is not often, it's always the same people placing bets, and there's nothing wrong with that... But then I notice that it's the same people betting one more than one item, sometimes most of them, and betting such HIGH prices, they know no one is going to outbet them and then never actually seeing them wear the item they won.

I mean.. if you have the moolah and the coins, and you want to spend it that way do it. But I kinda find it unfair that when I do want to try to bet on something, I never really can because it is the same people time after time betting on almost every item and it kinda feels to me it is so they can have an almost exclusive of the item and not so they can wear every color.

I know this post might offend people and I am going to apologize in advance for that. But I kinda think there should be a rule about auctions.. like maybe you can only bet on 1 or 2 items, depending on how many dresses are being auctioned off... I think that would be fair. I mean, you can't honestly tell me if you won 10 dresses, you'd wear every single one. I just ... really doubt that.

What are your thoughts?

Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !

Last edited by ocean_crumbles; 05-18-2017 at 10:01 PM.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:09 PM
Proud New Mommy!! (:
Points: 27,901, Level: 73 Points: 27,901, Level: 73 Points: 27,901, Level: 73
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

"The problems of today will eventually become the problems of yesterday. Keep moving on.."

My Mood: Blah
Mentioned: 888 Post(s)
Quoted: 1246 Post(s)
jennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Forum Profile Decorating Contest 3rd Place 2014 Design a Holiday Dress 2nd Place 2014 Holiday Mad Libs 3rd Place 2014 Decorate an Ornament 
Total Awards: 6

I can't speak for others, but I gift a lot of the auction items I bid on. & sometimes, I bid on multiple things, just because I'm not sure if I'll be on when it gets close to ending, and I want to be sure I'll win at least 1. If I win more than one, then I either wear it or gift it!

Thanks Bex, for the beautiful set!

1 members like this post.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:12 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Awards Showcase
Forum Colour Wars Blog Contests 30 Day Forum Challenge Winner Congeniality  Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennamazingg View Post
I can't speak for others, but I gift a lot of the auction items I bid on. & sometimes, I bid on multiple things, just because I'm not sure if I'll be on when it gets close to ending, and I want to be sure I'll win at least 1. If I win more than one, then I either wear it or gift it!
Mmmm, I can see that part. ( also curious, cause you do bid a lot... how do you earn so much, just voting?)

Old 05-18-2017, 10:17 PM
Proud New Mommy!! (:
Points: 27,901, Level: 73 Points: 27,901, Level: 73 Points: 27,901, Level: 73
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

"The problems of today will eventually become the problems of yesterday. Keep moving on.."

My Mood: Blah
Mentioned: 888 Post(s)
Quoted: 1246 Post(s)
jennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Forum Profile Decorating Contest 3rd Place 2014 Design a Holiday Dress 2nd Place 2014 Holiday Mad Libs 3rd Place 2014 Decorate an Ornament 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean_crumbles View Post
Mmmm, I can see that part. ( also curious, cause you do bid a lot... how do you earn so much, just voting?)
I just try to be smart about my coins. Some I've saved from back when I designed as well. And I keep it all in my bank, so that I get that little bit of interest every month. Plus, I always try to take advantage of our voting games, like the one going on right now, because they offer a lot of golden tickets, which really pay off!

Thanks Bex, for the beautiful set!

Old 05-18-2017, 10:20 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennamazingg View Post
I just try to be smart about my coins. Some I've saved from back when I designed as well. And I keep it all in my bank, so that I get that little bit of interest every month. Plus, I always try to take advantage of our voting games, like the one going on right now, because they offer a lot of golden tickets, which really pay off!
Oooh Smart. and I have like... 11k coins and like 91 millon moolah.. Im just... it took me 8 years to save up to that and spending it is like gaaah. I hardly ever have time to vote with my internship

Old 05-18-2017, 10:41 PM
Site Owner
Points: 2,816,885, Level: 100 Points: 2,816,885, Level: 100 Points: 2,816,885, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 31.4% Activity: 31.4% Activity: 31.4%
Last Achievements

"I drove past the fork in the road and went straight"

My Mood: Busy
Mentioned: 2348 Post(s)
Tagged: 113 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2523 Post(s)
angieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrity

Thanks for the post, Ashley. Just wanted to say that the site itself doesnt regulate user auctions, so we wouldn't be able to force a rule. But it is definitely within the auctioneer's power to limit bids as they see fit. I think I may have seen a few people do that a long time ago where bidders could only have one live bid at a time.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Old 05-18-2017, 10:54 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieluvboo View Post
Thanks for the post, Ashley. Just wanted to say that the site itself doesnt regulate user auctions, so we wouldn't be able to force a rule. But it is definitely within the auctioneer's power to limit bids as they see fit. I think I may have seen a few people do that a long time ago where bidders could only have one live bid at a time.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Thank you for replying. Yeah, it would be neat if the people hosting could do that, I mean of course up to them, but would be neat! Would give everyone the opportunity to bid!

Old 05-19-2017, 05:01 AM
Aspiring Aspirer
Points: 215,118, Level: 100 Points: 215,118, Level: 100 Points: 215,118, Level: 100
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

"Everything's coming up Millhouse!"

Previous Username: -janice-
My Mood: Lurking
Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
Tagged: 41 Thread(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
88mph is a mini celebrity88mph is a mini celebrity88mph is a mini celebrity88mph is a mini celebrity88mph is a mini celebrity88mph is a mini celebrity88mph is a mini celebrity88mph is a mini celebrity88mph is a mini celebrity88mph is a mini celebrity88mph is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
2nd Place 2014 Christmas Pulse Cover Flashgame Blitz Superstar Forum Profile Decorating Contest Second Place: Forum Profile Decorating Contest 
Total Awards: 9

What annoys me most about the auctions is the people who come in at 11.59 and bid on a lot Especially those who haven't even been bidding on the items in the first place. Its happened sooo many times to me and always happens during the Divamour auctions. What even is the point of bidding on an item over a week just to have someone come in at the last minute and outbid you?? Pointless, usually why i don't participate in forum auctions much

Last edited by 88mph; 05-19-2017 at 06:22 AM.

2 members like this post.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:51 AM
Community Moderator
Pulse Editor
Points: 271,362, Level: 100 Points: 271,362, Level: 100 Points: 271,362, Level: 100
Activity: 54.9% Activity: 54.9% Activity: 54.9%
Last Achievements

"Whats good and evil is determined by those who are in power."

Previous Username: rock_chick_sian
My Mood: Sleepy
Mentioned: 1837 Post(s)
Tagged: 56 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1359 Post(s)
midnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Forum Profile Decorating Contest 30 Day Forum Challenge Winner Forum Profile Decorating Contest Forum Profile Decorating Contest 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88mph View Post
What annoys me most about the auctions is the people who come in at 11.59 and bid on a lot Especially those who haven't even been bidding on the items in the first place. Its happened sooo many times to me and always happens during the Divamour auctions. What even is the point of bidding on an item over a week just to have someone come in at the last minute and outbid you?? Pointless, usually why i don't participate in forum auctions much
Sadly this is just bidding in general, you find this even on eBay, people who will just watch it til the very last minute then swoop it up!:/

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Set by Bex!

2 members like this post.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:40 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I know right there should be a rule against that

Old 05-22-2017, 09:23 AM
Posting Princess
Last Achievements

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are"

Previous Username: mzbachatera
My Mood: Bored
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
-maria- has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Holiday Sig/Avi Contest Summer Spectacular 2011 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
I do this because I don't want the item to go crazy high in price as to where I can't afford it. If I keep bidding through the week, the item just keeps getting higher and higher in price.

Old 05-22-2017, 01:17 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by -maria- View Post
I do this because I don't want the item to go crazy high in price as to where I can't afford it. If I keep bidding through the week, the item just keeps getting higher and higher in price.
I think she meant someone who wasn't bidding To begin with doing what you mentioned is ok.

Old 05-24-2017, 12:01 AM
Bronze User
Points: 113,525, Level: 100 Points: 113,525, Level: 100 Points: 113,525, Level: 100
Activity: 6.5% Activity: 6.5% Activity: 6.5%
Last Achievements

My Mood: Angelic
Mentioned: 273 Post(s)
Tagged: 67 Thread(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
cat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
1st Place 2014 Holiday Dress Up Staff Member of the Month Mystery Costume Siggy 
Total Awards: 3

It should be completely up to the person running the auction. I have made the the rule that each person can only end up with one thing when I have held auctions, and I got the idea from seeing someone else do that rule, but if the auctioneer doesn't choose to do that, it's her choice.

I'm glad the staff doesn't interfere in these matters. I'm for as much freedom as possible. Sure, I don't participate in auctions often because the prices go so high. I've learned not to let it bother me. If I really wanted to, I could vote faithfully like others do and stack up a lot of coins and moolah. That's a choice too. If certain people end up winning multiple outfits in a single auction, and winning several auctions, that's how they play the game.

Old 05-24-2017, 02:24 AM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat58 View Post
It should be completely up to the person running the auction. I have made the the rule that each person can only end up with one thing when I have held auctions, and I got the idea from seeing someone else do that rule, but if the auctioneer doesn't choose to do that, it's her choice.

I'm glad the staff doesn't interfere in these matters. I'm for as much freedom as possible. Sure, I don't participate in auctions often because the prices go so high. I've learned not to let it bother me. If I really wanted to, I could vote faithfully like others do and stack up a lot of coins and moolah. That's a choice too. If certain people end up winning multiple outfits in a single auction, and winning several auctions, that's how they play the game.
But if they sometimes never even wear them, what's the point? So it can rot in a virtual closest?

Old 05-24-2017, 10:26 AM
Bronze User
Points: 113,525, Level: 100 Points: 113,525, Level: 100 Points: 113,525, Level: 100
Last Achievements

cat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean_crumbles View Post
But if they sometimes never even wear them, what's the point? So it can rot in a virtual closest?
That's a choice too. Once you have bought something, it should be yours to do with as you please.

Jenna pointed out that she sometimes gives away the outfits she wins, so perhaps if you never see the winner wearing the outfit, that's the reason.

Things that disappoint us seem unfair. If someone buys something and doesn't wear it, that seems like a waste. Perhaps it is. But it's better than having so many rules and restrictions that the game isn't fun anymore.

Edited to add: it seems like most people only wear an outfit one time anyway, so it's going to "rot" in the closet regardless.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:39 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat58 View Post
That's a choice too. Once you have bought something, it should be yours to do with as you please.

Jenna pointed out that she sometimes gives away the outfits she wins, so perhaps if you never see the winner wearing the outfit, that's the reason.

Things that disappoint us seem unfair. If someone buys something and doesn't wear it, that seems like a waste. Perhaps it is. But it's better than having so many rules and restrictions that the game isn't fun anymore.

Edited to add: it seems like most people only wear an outfit one time anyway, so it's going to "rot" in the closet regardless.
I dunno. I still believe it's unfair to get more than one color in an auction to never wear. Feels like it's to make theirs more exclusive.

Old 05-24-2017, 03:33 PM
Bronze User
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase

It's a matter of perspective, I guess.

Old 05-24-2017, 06:29 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Awards Showcase

Yeah I guess.