Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Real Life > Say It Like It Is
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

View Poll Results: Is it okay for teens to watch porn?
Yes. 41 50.62%
No. 27 33.33%
It Depends! 13 16.05%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #401  
Old 11-07-2015, 09:16 PM
ocean_crumbles's Avatar
ocean_crumbles ocean_crumbles is offline
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

"If I'm dead, do I still have a mind?"
 
Previous Username: ashbee
Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 24
Posts: 95,521
Blog Entries: 52
My Mood: Inspired
Mentioned: 563 Post(s)
Tagged: 106 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3851 Post(s)
Rep Power: 7534
ocean_crumbles has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
DC Friend-A-Thon Forum Colour Wars Blog Contests 30 Day Forum Challenge Winner 
Total Awards: 37

Default

on the eve of Ted Bundy's execution, he said "The most damaging kinds of pornography [involve] sexual violence. Like an addiction, you keep craving something that is harder, harder,something which, which gives you a greater sense of excitement. Until you reach a point where the pornography only goes so far, you reach that jumping off point where
you begin to wonder if maybe actually doing it would give you that which is beyond just
reading it or looking at it.”'


I have been reading the section on aggression and it actually shows that in places where pornography is more controlled, the number of rapes reported are less than in places where anyone can watch pornography.

"studies confirm that exposure to pornography increases acceptance of the
rape myth (Oddone-Paolucci & others, 2000). For example, while spending three
evenings watching sexually violent movies, male viewers in an experiment by
Charles Mullin and Daniel Linz (1995) became progressively less bothered by the
raping and slashing. Compared with others not exposed to the films, three days
later they expressed less sympathy for domestic violence victims, and they rated
the victims’ injuries as less severe."



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
__________________
Reply With Quote


  #402  
Old 05-17-2016, 12:31 AM
minidoxigirli's Avatar
minidoxigirli minidoxigirli is offline
Platinum User
Points: 11,835, Level: 47 Points: 11,835, Level: 47 Points: 11,835, Level: 47
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%
Last Achievements

 

Real Name: Charlotte
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sunny Cali!
Age: 32
Posts: 126
Blog Entries: 4
My Mood: Cheerful
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Rep Power: 80
minidoxigirli is a mini celebrityminidoxigirli is a mini celebrityminidoxigirli is a mini celebrityminidoxigirli is a mini celebrityminidoxigirli is a mini celebrityminidoxigirli is a mini celebrityminidoxigirli is a mini celebrityminidoxigirli is a mini celebrityminidoxigirli is a mini celebrityminidoxigirli is a mini celebrityminidoxigirli is a mini celebrity
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean_crumbles View Post
on the eve of Ted Bundy's execution, he said "The most damaging kinds of pornography [involve] sexual violence. Like an addiction, you keep craving something that is harder, harder,something which, which gives you a greater sense of excitement. Until you reach a point where the pornography only goes so far, you reach that jumping off point where
you begin to wonder if maybe actually doing it would give you that which is beyond just
reading it or looking at it.”'


I have been reading the section on aggression and it actually shows that in places where pornography is more controlled, the number of rapes reported are less than in places where anyone can watch pornography.

"studies confirm that exposure to pornography increases acceptance of the
rape myth (Oddone-Paolucci & others, 2000). For example, while spending three
evenings watching sexually violent movies, male viewers in an experiment by
Charles Mullin and Daniel Linz (1995) became progressively less bothered by the
raping and slashing. Compared with others not exposed to the films, three days
later they expressed less sympathy for domestic violence victims, and they rated
the victims’ injuries as less severe."
Closely controlled studies have shown a link between aggression and pornography, but can we really extrapolate those results to apply to the greater world? In countries where they've decriminalized porn, rates of sexual violence decrease after legalization, suggesting the opposite. (Huffington Post) However, that can easily be disputed because there's so many greater societal changes that go on at that moment that it's difficult to pinpoint porn legalization as the cause. We can look at the rise in Internet porn and compare up violence rates. Psychology Today did that, and found that rape has declined 44% since 1995. That leads me to believe that porn overall is an outlet in our society.

But personally, even if it showed a slight increase in violence, I would still never advocate censoring pornography. Considering the widespread prevalence, we would definitely have a Prohibition-style problem on our hands.

Sources: (Hey, I'm a teacher, I know better than to not back up my points with credible sources)
Huffington Post: "Santorum Says Porn Causes Aggression But Scientists Disagree"
Psychology Today: "Does Pornography Cause Social Harm?"



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
Reply With Quote


  #403  
Old 05-17-2016, 05:34 PM
ocean_crumbles's Avatar
ocean_crumbles ocean_crumbles is offline
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

"If I'm dead, do I still have a mind?"
 
Previous Username: ashbee
Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 24
Posts: 95,521
Blog Entries: 52
My Mood: Inspired
Mentioned: 563 Post(s)
Tagged: 106 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3851 Post(s)
Rep Power: 7534
ocean_crumbles has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
DC Friend-A-Thon Forum Colour Wars Blog Contests 30 Day Forum Challenge Winner 
Total Awards: 37

Default

I remember hearing from a law enforcement person as well as a sexual assault counselor that some people in porn are forced Into it through human sex trafficking.



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
__________________
Reply With Quote


  #404  
Old 05-17-2016, 05:35 PM
ocean_crumbles's Avatar
ocean_crumbles ocean_crumbles is offline
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

"If I'm dead, do I still have a mind?"
 
Previous Username: ashbee
Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 24
Posts: 95,521
Blog Entries: 52
My Mood: Inspired
Mentioned: 563 Post(s)
Tagged: 106 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3851 Post(s)
Rep Power: 7534
ocean_crumbles has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
DC Friend-A-Thon Forum Colour Wars Blog Contests 30 Day Forum Challenge Winner 
Total Awards: 37

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by minidoxigirli View Post
Closely controlled studies have shown a link between aggression and pornography, but can we really extrapolate those results to apply to the greater world? In countries where they've decriminalized porn, rates of sexual violence decrease after legalization, suggesting the opposite. (Huffington Post) However, that can easily be disputed because there's so many greater societal changes that go on at that moment that it's difficult to pinpoint porn legalization as the cause. We can look at the rise in Internet porn and compare up violence rates. Psychology Today did that, and found that rape has declined 44% since 1995. That leads me to believe that porn overall is an outlet in our society.

But personally, even if it showed a slight increase in violence, I would still never advocate censoring pornography. Considering the widespread prevalence, we would definitely have a Prohibition-style problem on our hands.

Sources: (Hey, I'm a teacher, I know better than to not back up my points with credible sources)
Huffington Post: "Santorum Says Porn Causes Aggression But Scientists Disagree"
Psychology Today: "Does Pornography Cause Social Harm?"
My source had been from a psychology textbook I'll add something more here later ?



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
__________________
Reply With Quote


  #405  
Old 05-17-2016, 09:44 PM
minidoxigirli's Avatar
minidoxigirli minidoxigirli is offline
Platinum User
Points: 11,835, Level: 47 Points: 11,835, Level: 47 Points: 11,835, Level: 47
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%
Last Achievements

 

Real Name: Charlotte
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sunny Cali!
Age: 32
Posts: 126
Blog Entries: 4
My Mood: Cheerful
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Rep Power: 80
minidoxigirli is a mini celebrityminidoxigirli is a mini celebrityminidoxigirli is a mini celebrityminidoxigirli is a mini celebrityminidoxigirli is a mini celebrityminidoxigirli is a mini celebrityminidoxigirli is a mini celebrityminidoxigirli is a mini celebrityminidoxigirli is a mini celebrityminidoxigirli is a mini celebrityminidoxigirli is a mini celebrity
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean_crumbles View Post
My source had been from a psychology textbook I'll add something more here later ?
Just reread my post and realized my comment about sources may come off snarky towards you. Didn't mean it that way! Only explaining why I was putting a literal source list on my post.



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
Reply With Quote


  #406  
Old 05-17-2016, 10:58 PM
ocean_crumbles's Avatar
ocean_crumbles ocean_crumbles is offline
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

"If I'm dead, do I still have a mind?"
 
Previous Username: ashbee
Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 24
Posts: 95,521
Blog Entries: 52
My Mood: Inspired
Mentioned: 563 Post(s)
Tagged: 106 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3851 Post(s)
Rep Power: 7534
ocean_crumbles has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
DC Friend-A-Thon Forum Colour Wars Blog Contests 30 Day Forum Challenge Winner 
Total Awards: 37

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by minidoxigirli View Post
Just reread my post and realized my comment about sources may come off snarky towards you. Didn't mean it that way! Only explaining why I was putting a literal source list on my post.
Hahaha I didnt take it that way at all.

I do think theres a middle with control and not too much control on it. They need to meet an equilibrium when it comes to porn. They need to regulate who stars in it a bit more because as it is now it's quite easy to put a girl who was human trackicked into the porn industry.



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
__________________
Reply With Quote


  #407  
Old 08-07-2019, 03:54 AM
chococat chococat is offline
Emerald Empress User
Points: 15,330, Level: 53 Points: 15,330, Level: 53 Points: 15,330, Level: 53
Level up: 79% Level up: 79% Level up: 79%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

"existential crisis"
 

Previous Username: sheila
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 22
Posts: 2,561
Blog Entries: 61
My Mood: Tired
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 52 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
chococat has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Rollercoaster Scream: I <3 DC First Place 30 Day Forum Challenge Winner 
Total Awards: 2

Default

I can't believe this thread is still poppin in 2019. I can't wait to give my updated opinion about this.



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
__________________
Reply With Quote


  #408  
Old 09-04-2019, 03:59 PM
chococat chococat is offline
Emerald Empress User
Points: 15,330, Level: 53 Points: 15,330, Level: 53 Points: 15,330, Level: 53
Level up: 79% Level up: 79% Level up: 79%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

"existential crisis"
 

Previous Username: sheila
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 22
Posts: 2,561
Blog Entries: 61
My Mood: Tired
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 52 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
chococat has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Rollercoaster Scream: I <3 DC First Place 30 Day Forum Challenge Winner 
Total Awards: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chococat View Post
I can't believe this thread is still poppin in 2019. I can't wait to give my updated opinion about this.
Oh shit, it was nooot even active when i posted this lmaoooo...


I guess I meant bc it's the suggested thread on the right of say it like it is...


edit: STILL can't wait to give an updated opinion



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
__________________
Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.