Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Guilds > Guild Challenge Arena > Guild Survivor
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

View Poll Results: Use of the Diva Blast for Survivor
Disallow the use of the Diva Blast for ALL Survivor contestants. 19 40.43%
Allow the perfume, but award bonus points to those who choose not to use it. 5 10.64%
Leave it the way it is. All perfumes allowed for every Survivor. 20 42.55%
Doesn't matter to me. I'm game with anything!! 3 6.38%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 07-16-2015, 09:03 AM
Security Supervisor
Senior Community Moderator
Guild Moderator
Points: 108,276, Level: 100 Points: 108,276, Level: 100 Points: 108,276, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 59.1% Activity: 59.1% Activity: 59.1%
Last Achievements

"Failures are guaranteed. Learning from them is optional."

My Mood: Brooding
Mentioned: 1480 Post(s)
Tagged: 53 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2263 Post(s)
fashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Staff Member of the Month Staff Member of the Month Forum Profile Decorating Contest Blog Contests 
Total Awards: 8

We were wanting to know how you feel about Diva Blast for this very next season of Survivor (sign up starts very soon so we are having the poll close tomorrow morning about 2am).

It can be changed for future seasons. This is not set in stone. The options for what we can do with Diva Blast for this next round of Survivor are the first three options in the poll.

We do want the other suggestions, but no guarantee that any of them could be implemented before the next season starts.

Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !

Old 07-16-2015, 09:20 AM
Community Moderator
Pulse Editor
Points: 271,335, Level: 100 Points: 271,335, Level: 100 Points: 271,335, Level: 100
Activity: 53.2% Activity: 53.2% Activity: 53.2%
Last Achievements

"Whats good and evil is determined by those who are in power."

Previous Username: rock_chick_sian
My Mood: Sleepy
Mentioned: 1833 Post(s)
Tagged: 56 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1357 Post(s)
midnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Forum Profile Decorating Contest 30 Day Forum Challenge Winner Forum Profile Decorating Contest Forum Profile Decorating Contest 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionchallenged View Post
We were wanting to know how you feel about Diva Blast for this very next season of Survivor (sign up starts very soon so we are having the poll close tomorrow morning about 2am).

It can be changed for future seasons. This is not set in stone. The options for what we can do with Diva Blast for this next round of Survivor are the first three options in the poll.

We do want the other suggestions, but no guarantee that any of them could be implemented before the next season starts.
I think its worth a go, if people don't like it and it doesn't work out then that is fine we can change it, however as lots of people like the idea then it might be worth a shot just for one cycle?

Set by Bex!

Old 07-16-2015, 09:40 AM
Community Moderator
Points: 125,449, Level: 100 Points: 125,449, Level: 100 Points: 125,449, Level: 100
Activity: 57.3% Activity: 57.3% Activity: 57.3%
Last Achievements

"Attitude is everything..."

Previous Username: orbock
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 1663 Post(s)
Tagged: 108 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1819 Post(s)
hippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Forum Colour Wars Prom Table Activities Graphic Battle Royale Staff Member of the Month 
Total Awards: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionchallenged View Post

Liz, I quite agree regarding the Loyalty Points - guilds should be supporting their survivor and that is a big way they can do it- by donating LPs for purchase of the perfume.

As far as options for the next survivor-- it seems pretty evenly divided even though the poll participation level is pretty low to be statistically significant- it does show a fairly even split.

That said-- if the next survivor was advertised specifically as a Throwback as stated, then the "no perfume" makes sense for that survivor event- and I do think it is could be advertised in such a way to make Retro Battling a fun twist.

That said- It does not look like from looking at past events that perfumes have had an effect on participation:

The number of participants from looking back-
The least number was 7 (Survivor 4 and 6)- both pre-Blast
The most was 21 (Survivor 16)- pre blast

Blast was instituted around Nov 2011.
Survivor 1-16 were pre Blast
Survivor 17-27 were post Blast

Average participation 1-16 was 14.6 members Overall range 7-21
Average participation 17-27 was 14.5 members Overall range 11-18

Conclusion: use of Blast has had no effect on participation!

I am against bonus points. It should be able to be used or not.

Last edited by hippie_chick; 07-16-2015 at 09:46 AM.

2 members like this post.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:04 PM
Community Administrator
Points: 405,252, Level: 100 Points: 405,252, Level: 100 Points: 405,252, Level: 100
Activity: 99.8% Activity: 99.8% Activity: 99.8%
Last Achievements

"R.I.P. Mom♥ 11/1/1943 - 12/25/2011 I love and miss you everyday!"

Previous Username: sexielexie
My Mood: Busy
Mentioned: 1777 Post(s)
Tagged: 125 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1770 Post(s)
anne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Forum Profile Decorating Contest Forum Profile Decorating Contest Forum Profile Decorating Contest Forum Profile Decorating Contest 
Total Awards: 6

I am still hoping to continue to use the blast for this next round of survivor.

I agree that guilds should be able to purchase the blast perfume for the member who represents the guild!

Old 07-16-2015, 10:41 PM
Clothing & Design Admin
Points: 443,930, Level: 100 Points: 443,930, Level: 100 Points: 443,930, Level: 100
Activity: 45.5% Activity: 45.5% Activity: 45.5%
Last Achievements

":::::Throws Confetti!!!:::::"

My Mood: Goofy
Mentioned: 1490 Post(s)
Tagged: 143 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
MadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Staff Member of the Month Holiday Forum Awards Holiday Forum Member Awards Member You Just Can't Get Enough Of DC Anniv. 2012 
Total Awards: 4

I voted to keep the perfume in, mainly because I think a lot of members who would volunteer to represent their Guild might back off if it was contingent on manual battle requests because of work or school, and some Guilds who really want to participate in DC Events would be precluded. It is for FUN after all, it doesn't need to be grueling, the Survivors are beaten to a pulp as it is by the final week, I just see no need to pile it on, and what a shame to not be able to play if you have other real life stuff that takes your time.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Thanks Sylvie!! Thanks Rinny!! And thank you Angie!!

Old 07-16-2015, 11:28 PM
Emerald Empress User
Points: 134,876, Level: 100 Points: 134,876, Level: 100 Points: 134,876, Level: 100
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%
Last Achievements

"I love listening to the sound of the waves at the beach."

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 64 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
molokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Prom Member Awards 2013 
Total Awards: 1

Not sure why I'm even trying at this point but here goes!

You can't discount the poll entirely because if you do then every poll on this forum should be discounted. Why have a poll if you're going to ignore it? I think it says a great deal, at least to me, that the no group has been the majority until today.

The posters seems to be pretty much for keeping the perfume but there are still those that voted to not use it. I don't blame them for not speaking up and posting because look who's for it! Again players don't like conflict, don't want to go against "major" players, etc.

You also can't say the perfumes have no impact on who participates. People keep saying guilds should provide the support but I repeat myself AGAIN that most players don't accumulate loyalty points because they need the coins so turn them in for gts. Even big time players don't necessarily have loyalty points to spare as I found out in my guild. They want the loyalty points for their own perfumes, coins for shopping and exclusives!

If all participants could be assured they would have the Diva Blast for Guild Survivor I would have no problem with it being used. However at this point that's not the case.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:58 PM
CareBear
Points: 30,255, Level: 76 Points: 30,255, Level: 76 Points: 30,255, Level: 76
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8%
Last Achievements

"Laugh as if you'll die tomorrow.:)"

Previous Username: kara34
My Mood: Angelic
Mentioned: 869 Post(s)
Tagged: 80 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1730 Post(s)
beauty_chic has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Forum Profile Decorating Contest Forum Profile Decorating Contest 2015 March Madness Superstar Life of the Party Anniversary 2014 
Total Awards: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by molokai View Post

You can't discount the poll entirely because if you do then every poll on this forum should be discounted. Why have a poll if you're going to ignore it? I think it says a great deal, at least to me, that the no group has been the majority until today.

The posters seems to be pretty much for keeping the perfume but there are still those that voted to not use it. I don't blame them for not speaking up and posting because look who's for it! Again players don't like conflict, don't want to go against "major" players, etc.

You also can't say the perfumes have no impact on who participates. People keep saying guilds should provide the support but I repeat myself AGAIN that most players don't accumulate loyalty points because they need the coins so turn them in for gts. Even big time players don't necessarily have loyalty points to spare as I found out in my guild. They want the loyalty points for their own perfumes, coins for shopping and exclusives!

If all participants could be assured they would have the Diva Blast for Guild Survivor I would have no problem with it being used. However at this point that's not the case.
Theres no such thing as a "major player"",as i see it,we are all major players and should be looked as all equally,,i think the perfumes should be allowed for the simple fact,that its hard to get battles as playing Survivor goes,,as for me the poll should be recommended as to if the perfumes should stay or not,,because most people vote,even if they dont comment,My major point i do want to make is Everyone is created equal and should be looked upon as a major player,for everyone that plays this game,in my opinion,should be all treated fairly and equally.

• ''Your Tongue enough is strong enough to break a heart,Actions can hurt just As bad too,,Choose your words carefully and treat people good,Do not criticise. Because how you treat people has a funny and adverse way of coming right back to ya.''
  1. Thanks Bex,love this Graphic!
http://i64.tinypic.com/25jginl.jpg[SIGPIC] [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG][IMG]
''Hey doll - so sorry to hear about the poor start on DC, I really hope things brighten up for you because it truly is an amazing community to be apart of! If you ever need help or a friend, message me Here's to good times!!!''-Quoted By special_individual

1 members like this post.
Old 07-17-2015, 03:18 AM
Community Moderator
Points: 125,449, Level: 100 Points: 125,449, Level: 100 Points: 125,449, Level: 100
Last Achievements

hippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Forum Colour Wars Prom Table Activities Graphic Battle Royale Staff Member of the Month 

Quote:

Contrary to your opinion- many have spoken up regarding their opinions. I personally do not mind it someone has a different opinion-- after all this is a discussion--and different opinions are what makes the world go round--how blah things would be if everyone was cookie cutter!!!

You keep reiterating people "need their LPs for gts", and again I state-- that is a personal choice. This is a game where you have to pick and choose where to spend your moolah and coins, what contests to enter, what guilds to join, etc...these are personal choices-- I really do not think that people are unable to get the perfume, they choose to spend LPs elsewhere--and that is OK, but should not be portrayed as something they can't have or can't achieve.

Also- as far as Guild Support goes-- it should be there for volunteers in survivor- if a survivor gives their time- the guild should be behind them. If the guild does not support them, then should a person really give up their time and put in all that effort - if it was me- I would be looking for another guild. Sadly, many are only out for themselves and do not support the Team!

As far "major players"- this is an unnecessary comment! It is offensive- everyone in this game is as imporant as the next person. This game does not perpetuate itself witout the influx of new members- the hope of admin is that new members are guided and nutured, not "eaten alive" or discouraged - certainly their voiced opinions are valued- and encouraged.

As far a the "impact" of the perfume- statistics don't lie-- participation has stayed the same with or without its use.

Last edited by hippie_chick; 07-17-2015 at 04:51 AM.

Old 07-17-2015, 06:06 PM
Emerald Empress User
Points: 134,876, Level: 100 Points: 134,876, Level: 100 Points: 134,876, Level: 100
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%
Last Achievements

"I love listening to the sound of the waves at the beach."

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 64 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
molokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Prom Member Awards 2013 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_chick View Post
Contrary to your opinion- many have spoken up regarding their opinions. I personally do not mind it someone has a different opinion-- after all this is a discussion--and different opinions are what makes the world go round--how blah things would be if everyone was cookie cutter!!!

You keep reiterating people "need their LPs for gts", and again I state-- that is a personal choice. This is a game where you have to pick and choose where to spend your moolah and coins, what contests to enter, what guilds to join, etc...these are personal choices-- I really do not think that people are unable to get the perfume, they choose to spend LPs elsewhere--and that is OK, but should not be portrayed as something they can't have or can't achieve.

Also- as far as Guild Support goes-- it should be there for volunteers in survivor- if a survivor gives their time- the guild should be behind them. If the guild does not support them, then should a person really give up their time and put in all that effort - if it was me- I would be looking for another guild. Sadly, many are only out for themselves and do not support the Team!

As far "major players"- this is an unnecessary comment! It is offensive- everyone in this game is as imporant as the next person. This game does not perpetuate itself witout the influx of new members- the hope of admin is that new members are guided and nutured, not "eaten alive" or discouraged - certainly their voiced opinions are valued- and encouraged.

As far a the "impact" of the perfume- statistics don't lie-- participation has stayed the same with or without its use.
Ok I took time away and tried to calm down here. Jocelyn I was not trying to be offensive or put anyone off by what I said. Overall I keep saying you and I agree!

Yes everyone has a right to their opinion and to speak up but in this world some are more comfortable speaking up than others. . . .that's all I'm saying.

Yes the use of loyalty points is personal choice as is guild selection, etc. Yes many could get the perfume for 25,000 loyalty points if they saved them up but reality is that that's a lot of votes to get that many loyalty points and players would need to plan for 100,000 if they wanted to have the 4 weeks covered. If a player votes 2500 votes/day it would take about 40 days according to my math (which may be wrong) to get the 100,00 and about 10 days to get 25000. Seems most players are part timers and that's a lot of voting for a lot of days and not that easy to do. I'm on here a lot and most days at this point I don't get 2500 votes and many days I get none done except for doll album rating and GOC voting. So all I'm saying is many players "choose" to turn in the loyalty points they get mostly for coins.

Yes guild support should be there if they have a member entered. They should be giving moolah and loyalty points and coins and help with GOC entries (if possible) but that doesn't always happen.

I'm sorry I used the term "main players" and did not mean to offend anyone. I was talking about that there are some players viewed highly and highly respected that some might not want to "disagree" with. That's life and how people act sometimes, isn't it?

As for statistics? Statistics can lie and can be twisted to say what someone wants it to say. Not saying that in this case but they don't tell the whole story. You yourself said the use of the perfume has allowed you to enter GS because you weren't able to before given the time commitment to manually request guild battles. That participation has stayed the same doesn't mean that some players don't participate because of the perfume while others do participate because the perfume makes it possible.

All I'm saying is that if a participant can't or doesn't have the perfume and it's allowed that there is some way they can get it. I'd give the loyalty points to players if needed but how many of us can do that and for how long?

Old 07-17-2015, 06:23 PM
Emerald Empress User
Points: 21,096, Level: 63 Points: 21,096, Level: 63 Points: 21,096, Level: 63
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%
Last Achievements

"I like to hear the waves"

My Mood: Sad
Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
cee has disabled reputation

cee
leave it the way it is

Old 07-17-2015, 06:53 PM
Community Moderator
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Ok I took time away and tried to calm down here. Jocelyn I was not trying to be offensive or put anyone off by what I said. Overall I keep saying you and I agree!

Yes everyone has a right to their opinion and to speak up but in this world some are more comfortable speaking up than others. . . .that's all I'm saying.

Yes the use of loyalty points is personal choice as is guild selection, etc. Yes many could get the perfume for 25,000 loyalty points if they saved them up but reality is that that's a lot of votes to get that many loyalty points and players would need to plan for 100,000 if they wanted to have the 4 weeks covered. If a player votes 2500 votes/day it would take about 40 days according to my math (which may be wrong) to get the 100,00 and about 10 days to get 25000. Seems most players are part timers and that's a lot of voting for a lot of days and not that easy to do. I'm on here a lot and most days at this point I don't get 2500 votes and many days I get none done except for doll album rating and GOC voting. So all I'm saying is many players "choose" to turn in the loyalty points they get mostly for coins.

Yes guild support should be there if they have a member entered. They should be giving moolah and loyalty points and coins and help with GOC entries (if possible) but that doesn't always happen.

I'm sorry I used the term "main players" and did not mean to offend anyone. I was talking about that there are some players viewed highly and highly respected that some might not want to "disagree" with. That's life and how people act sometimes, isn't it?

As for statistics? Statistics can lie and can be twisted to say what someone wants it to say. Not saying that in this case but they don't tell the whole story. You yourself said the use of the perfume has allowed you to enter GS because you weren't able to before given the time commitment to manually request guild battles. That participation has stayed the same doesn't mean that some players don't participate because of the perfume while others do participate because the perfume makes it possible.

All I'm saying is that if a participant can't or doesn't have the perfume and it's allowed that there is some way they can get it. I'd give the loyalty points to players if needed but how many of us can do that and for how long?
well stated.

I agree that it takes a while to build up those LPs and never said it would be easy to do-- that is why guild support is sooooooo important!! (and why survivor is one of the most competitive contests on DC)

There is a current way to get the perfume-- hard work or gifting! Maybe DC should have a "Fund Me" section for it, lol!

Last edited by hippie_chick; 07-17-2015 at 06:56 PM.