Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Guilds > Guild Community Center
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 02:52 AM
DANCE IT OUT!
Points: 159,307, Level: 100 Points: 159,307, Level: 100 Points: 159,307, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

"KJ is the frosting on my cupcake ♥"

Previous Username: tchelletx
My Mood: Psychedelic
Mentioned: 245 Post(s)
Tagged: 100 Thread(s)
Quoted: 604 Post(s)
soco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Staff Member of the Month Forum Profile Decorating Contest Blog Color Scheme Award Forum Profile Decorating Contest 
Total Awards: 23

Default Featured Guild of the Month Suggestions

Hey Guild Members!

After reading over the GOTM Discussion Thread, I see that many of you feel like that there needs to be more recognition for Guilds other than GOTM.

Featured Guild of the Month was mentioned and we feel like that could be a great thing!

We would like you to brainstorm some ideas to get this ball rolling!

What would you like to see taken into consideration by The Guild Team?

Ideas suggested are located here.

Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !

Last edited by tchelletx; 01-03-2012 at 03:02 AM.

1 members like this post.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:52 AM
DANCE IT OUT!
Points: 159,307, Level: 100 Points: 159,307, Level: 100 Points: 159,307, Level: 100
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

soco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Staff Member of the Month Forum Profile Decorating Contest Blog Color Scheme Award Forum Profile Decorating Contest 

Ideas include:
  • quick rank advancement
  • overcoming the adversary of a new owner or losing members
  • most improved rank
  • highest member participation
  • forum usage
  • contests/party hosting and participation
  • newest guild
  • interview of some kind to learn more about the guild's philosophy/owners/members/ how they come up with contests themes
  • no requirements, just random. While taking into account for anything great done that month.
  • nominated by peers
  • Chosen by staff and maybe a set of interview questions sent to the owner/officers.

Last edited by tchelletx; 01-10-2012 at 12:49 AM.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:26 AM
Superstar User
Points: 185,439, Level: 100 Points: 185,439, Level: 100 Points: 185,439, Level: 100
Activity: 17.9% Activity: 17.9% Activity: 17.9%
Last Achievements

"The Beach Calms My Soul."

My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 71 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
BlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchelletx View Post
Ideas include:
  • quick rank advancement
  • overcoming the adversary of a new owner or losing members
  • most improved rank
  • highest member participation
  • forum usage
  • contests/party hosting and participation
  • newest guild
  • interview of some kind to learn more about the guild's philosophy/owners/members
I will admit that I have not read that whole thread so I'm not sure where these idea's came from or are about. Like just the "quick rank advancement".
one. I can see how that would be an incentive to members of a guild.

I don't think a guild would want to be recognized for adversity of a new owner or losing members. As something is wrong with that and frankly shouldn't be rewarded IMO.

I like the highest member participation recognition as that's important for a successful guild and it also honors individual members. Maybe have a guild owner submit a member who should be honor for what they offer that guild.

I'm one that really rarely comes into the forums so you know what I think of that one.rofl

I like newest guild recognition and maybe highlited as to why they started a guild.

Maybe have an Owner Recognition for the ones nominated by members that feel the owner goes above and beyond for it's members and how they do that for them.

I'll think some more on this and edit my post. Thanks

Old 01-03-2012, 10:13 AM
Site Owner
Points: 2,822,469, Level: 100 Points: 2,822,469, Level: 100 Points: 2,822,469, Level: 100
Activity: 25.9% Activity: 25.9% Activity: 25.9%
Last Achievements

"I drove past the fork in the road and went straight"

My Mood: Busy
Mentioned: 2465 Post(s)
Tagged: 115 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2587 Post(s)
angieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Most likely to still be playing DC in 50 years 
Total Awards: 1

I wouldn't mind doing away with requirements for how to become featured. I wouldn't want it to become yet another competitive thing. Perhaps just a baseline requirement that the guild is even active. I'd really be interested in reading about any active guild and hearing what their culture is and allowing them to perhaps share things they'd like to be highlighted.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Security Supervisor
Senior Community Moderator
Guild Moderator
Points: 115,765, Level: 100 Points: 115,765, Level: 100 Points: 115,765, Level: 100
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

"Failures are guaranteed. Learning from them is optional."

My Mood: Grumpy
Mentioned: 1609 Post(s)
Tagged: 53 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2355 Post(s)
fashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Graphics Gauntlet 3rd place Staff Member of the Month Staff Member of the Month Forum Profile Decorating Contest 
Total Awards: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPawZ View Post
I don't think a guild would want to be recognized for adversity of a new owner or losing members. As something is wrong with that and frankly shouldn't be rewarded IMO. ...
If I remember correctly it was for overcoming the adversity, becoming stronger or bouncing back in rank...

I could see using those listed items as a way of choosing a guild to feature, or an element of the guild to feature. But as the current GOTM is a competition and that seems to be what people dislike about it, I would like the Featured Guild of the Month to just be more a random guild selected... at least occaisionally. If there is a guild that has done something (like awesome parties or come back after the leader left and gained in rank or top in all the GOCs for the month or something), they could be featured for that month, but leave it as random sometimes... I am not making sense again, am I?

Old 01-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Emerald Empress User
Points: 134,876, Level: 100 Points: 134,876, Level: 100 Points: 134,876, Level: 100
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%
Last Achievements

"I love listening to the sound of the waves at the beach."

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Tagged: 65 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
molokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Prom Member Awards 2013 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionchallenged View Post
If I remember correctly it was for overcoming the adversity, becoming stronger or bouncing back in rank...

I could see using those listed items as a way of choosing a guild to feature, or an element of the guild to feature. But as the current GOTM is a competition and that seems to be what people dislike about it, I would like the Featured Guild of the Month to just be more a random guild selected... at least occaisionally. If there is a guild that has done something (like awesome parties or come back after the leader left and gained in rank or top in all the GOCs for the month or something), they could be featured for that month, but leave it as random sometimes... I am not making sense again, am I?
I agree Liz and you're making perfect sense to me. I would much prefer a "Featured guild of the month" on the front page and not have it be a competition. Think the suggestions could provide guidelines but would like some to be random. I just want to make sure that active guilds would be chosen and not ones just sitting there.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Superstar User
Points: 185,439, Level: 100 Points: 185,439, Level: 100 Points: 185,439, Level: 100
Activity: 17.9% Activity: 17.9% Activity: 17.9%
Last Achievements

"The Beach Calms My Soul."

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 71 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
BlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrity

Oh for goodness sakes. I must have been driving my keyboard asleep when I posted. I thought this was for individual awards for guilds.rofl

Now I understand after reading the postings here. A feature guild of the month would be cool. Keep is simple and random would be fantastic.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:05 AM
Superstar User
Points: 18,674, Level: 59 Points: 18,674, Level: 59 Points: 18,674, Level: 59
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Last Achievements

My Mood: Cheerful
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 11 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Ronmedo is a mini celebrityRonmedo is a mini celebrityRonmedo is a mini celebrityRonmedo is a mini celebrityRonmedo is a mini celebrityRonmedo is a mini celebrityRonmedo is a mini celebrityRonmedo is a mini celebrityRonmedo is a mini celebrityRonmedo is a mini celebrityRonmedo is a mini celebrity

I would like the featured guild to be about an interview of some kind to learn more about the guild's philosophy/owners/members. The party planning and how each guild comes up with themes would be fun also. I guess that would all go with interviewing. I agree with Angie not a competitive thing this would be a separate category from the GOTM competitions.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Emerald Empress User
Points: 134,876, Level: 100 Points: 134,876, Level: 100 Points: 134,876, Level: 100
Last Achievements

molokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Prom Member Awards 2013 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronmedo View Post
I would like the featured guild to be about an interview of some kind to learn more about the guild's philosophy/owners/members. The party planning and how each guild comes up with themes would be fun also. I guess that would all go with interviewing. I agree with Angie not a competitive thing this would be a separate category from the GOTM competitions.
Guess I'd like it if someone clicked the "featured guild" on the front page and was sent to the guild profile. As far as I'm concerned that should be the place where the guild philosophy should be and where players could see what that specific guild was all about.

2 members like this post.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Community Moderator
Points: 130,335, Level: 100 Points: 130,335, Level: 100 Points: 130,335, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6%
Last Achievements

"Attitude is everything..."

Previous Username: orbock
Mentioned: 1858 Post(s)
Tagged: 110 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1949 Post(s)
hippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Most likely to have nine lives Forum Colour Wars Prom Table Activities Graphic Battle Royale 
Total Awards: 11

If the featured guild is to be "random", then every two weeks rather than monthly would be great! The guilds could featured in a rotational basis, and that way every guild would get to be featured every few months!

If the featured guild is to be based on achievement, participation, etc- maybe each guild should be allowed one vote for the next guild to be featured, noting that you cannot vote for your own guild! The winner would be elected by their own peers! Also, their could be a specific thread each month for each guild to place a plea for why their guild deserves to win- what they have done over the past month, etc...
Consider allowing a guild to win only once every six months.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Security Supervisor
Guild Moderator
Points: 115,765, Level: 100 Points: 115,765, Level: 100 Points: 115,765, Level: 100
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

fashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Graphics Gauntlet 3rd place Staff Member of the Month Staff Member of the Month Forum Profile Decorating Contest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbock View Post
If the featured guild is to be "random", then every two weeks rather than monthly would be great! The guilds could featured in a rotational basis, and that way every guild would get to be featured every few months!

If the featured guild is to be based on achievement, participation, etc- maybe each guild should be allowed one vote for the next guild to be featured, noting that you cannot vote for your own guild! The winner would be elected by their own peers! Also, their could be a specific thread each month for each guild to place a plea for why their guild deserves to win- what they have done over the past month, etc...
I like the last part. Nominated by their peers. nice!

Old 01-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase
Prom Member Awards 2013 

Quote:

I'm sorry to come off as a "wet blanket" cuz the idea of nominated by their peers is cool BUT let's be realistic. In this forum how many posts do you see from guild owners or guild members regarding guild issues? It seems to me we see the same guild owners and members posting over and over again and not all that much variety.

As for me? My attention is on my guild and I really don't watch what other guilds are doing or not doing much. I don't know who's moving in the ranks or doing tasks much at all. I can tell fairly easily an active guild just from the directory list and their points. Also in all honesty I wouldn't be comfortable making a "plea" for why my guild should "win". Once again I think you'd have the same guilds posting in that thread over and over again with some other deserving but much quieter guilds being overlooked.

Hate to come off so pessimistic but it's the reality I've seen here with the guild threads. A few have lots to say and most have nothing to say.

Old 01-07-2012, 06:39 AM
Security Supervisor
Guild Moderator
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by molokai View Post
I'm sorry to come off as a "wet blanket" cuz the idea of nominated by their peers is cool BUT let's be realistic. In this forum how many posts do you see from guild owners or guild members regarding guild issues? It seems to me we see the same guild owners and members posting over and over again and not all that much variety.

As for me? My attention is on my guild and I really don't watch what other guilds are doing or not doing much. I don't know who's moving in the ranks or doing tasks much at all. I can tell fairly easily an active guild just from the directory list and their points. Also in all honesty I wouldn't be comfortable making a "plea" for why my guild should "win". Once again I think you'd have the same guilds posting in that thread over and over again with some other deserving but much quieter guilds being overlooked.

Hate to come off so pessimistic but it's the reality I've seen here with the guild threads. A few have lots to say and most have nothing to say.
I agree with you too, but because I am still thinking the following 2 rules

1) No repeats. So each guild is featured at least once before a guild can be featured again.

2) No nominating your own guild.

You don't have to nominate anyone. But if you want to, you can. Sometimes people notice what other guilds are doing. And there is admiration for what they are going through or curiosity about this guild in another time zone where the people never seem to interact... Doesn't mean that person wants to switch guilds. Just that they think it would be interesting to know more... When I was in Survivor I noticed one guild that seemed to be (from their profiles) just one family. Or the guild where the owner just left and the members came together to keep the guild going. Or the guild who lost a lot of members to a new guild and ended up raising in rank... Sometimes there is a guild that you think should get a little acknowledgement for something. And it might be nice to know that your peers noticed - so all nominating someone does is get it mentioned in the text that another guild(s) nominated you (doesn't have to say who so that there is no reward for nominating)...

Old 01-07-2012, 02:24 PM
DANCE IT OUT!
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Awards Showcase

Maybe the last week of the month I will send an alert to all Guild Owners and let them know that nominations are open.

Then they can PM they're suggestion/vote for a guild and why. That way things are kept private!

I've also noted about the inactivate guilds and I'm hoping to get to work on clearing those up over the next couple of months.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Site Owner
Points: 2,822,469, Level: 100 Points: 2,822,469, Level: 100 Points: 2,822,469, Level: 100
Activity: 25.9% Activity: 25.9% Activity: 25.9%
Last Achievements

"I drove past the fork in the road and went straight"

My Mood: Busy
Mentioned: 2465 Post(s)
Tagged: 115 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2587 Post(s)
angieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Most likely to still be playing DC in 50 years 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molokai View Post

This.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Community Moderator
Points: 130,335, Level: 100 Points: 130,335, Level: 100 Points: 130,335, Level: 100
Last Achievements

hippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Most likely to have nine lives Forum Colour Wars Prom Table Activities Graphic Battle Royale 

I guess "plea" was the wrong word. I simply meant that maybe once a month each guild owner or officer (one post per guild per month" could update others about what their guilsd is doing, achievements, intersting points. etc.... that way other guild who don't take notice would and we would all learn more about each other.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase
Prom Member Awards 2013 

Quote:
I guess "plea" was the wrong word. I simply meant that maybe once a month each guild owner or officer (one post per guild per month" could update others about what their guilsd is doing, achievements, intersting points. etc.... that way other guild who don't take notice would and we would all learn more about each other.
Again here comes the "wet blanket"! Sorry Orbock but you're not going to get a response from each guild owner or even officers. You'll see the same people responding again and again. Have to say again I probably wouldn't respond because my guild is just doing our thing. If you try and "rely" on posts like that the majority of guilds won't be considered or heard from. Just look at the posts in this section of the guild area. It's the same guilds and the same players posting almost all the time. They don't represent the majority of guilds or at least I don't think they do?

Sorry but I'm just not a "fan" of this nominating. It would probably work for a short time and then fizzle out like the nominations for the Guild Gazette did. Just would like the guild staff to figure out a way to feature "active" guilds on a random basis without repeating for a while at least.Think the front page link should go straight to the about the guild page in the directory. Guilds should pay serious attention to what they put there that informs members about their specific guild.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Community Moderator
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase

Oh so lttle faith in others! I see where you are coming from, but I like the idea of having the opportunity to share the latest news on our guild! If a guild elects not to post to the thread, then they have no right to complain about not being featured- they had a chance to be included, but if they don't post que sera sera! The guild page is more facts and philosophy, not "latest news" so I would still like a specific place to share current info, and a "Featured" thread would be a fantastic place to do it!

Old 01-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase
Prom Member Awards 2013 

Quote:
Oh so lttle faith in others! I see where you are coming from, but I like the idea of having the opportunity to share the latest news on our guild! If a guild elects not to post to the thread, then they have no right to complain about not being featured- they had a chance to be included, but if they don't post que sera sera! The guild page is more facts and philosophy, not "latest news" so I would still like a specific place to share current info, and a "Featured" thread would be a fantastic place to do it!
But the whole idea is to get some of those guilds that are "quieter" acknowledged isn't it? Seems to me the vast majority of the DC players don't come to the forums and that includes guild members. So do we only consider those limited players who come to the forums as being worth acknowledging? Who's going to read this "Featured" thread? Seems it will be like the Guild Gazette with the same people reading it. By all means post your guild activites and accomplishments but don't make that the major determining factoring in choosing a "Featured" guild. We'd be back to just a very few ever being featured.

Yes the guild "about" page is about facts and philosophy but that's what makes one guild different from another isn't it? If the Deviants were featured I'd direct players to that page to learn about the Deviants.

Has nothing to do with having "little faith in others" Orbock. It has to do with the reality of who uses the forums and who doesn't. For instance, just because I'm not interested in posting about the Deviants and their accomplishments doesn't mean I'm not EXTREMELY proud of being a Deviant or what we accomplish.

Look at all the opinions here on this thread! It's the same people as on other threads. How many owners are posting here? How many guild members out of the total number of guild members?

Old 01-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Community Moderator
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase

I think most people just get on to play the game and the forums are a bonus. If diva chix wants the forum to be used as much as the game, the maybe some incentive should be attached to forum usage- like maybe visits could be like votes and factored into ranking or golden tickets could be awarded for so many visits - well you get the idea! As a new guild owner I just recently "discovered" the benefits of forum, but it is a struggle to even get our own members to check out our forum pages. Guild owners should be on here a lot though as it is part of the "job" to stay current. I am just saying it might be worth trying something different. I believe if incentives are attached that forums would get used more- and that includes getting nominated for GOTM. It would be great if there were a way to "launch" any new plan- say with a game- that informs the masses. Maybe through voting players could "find" all the clues to the new GOTM selection procedure or a "hide and seek" game where you get rewarded for visiting different locals or do different tasks- when you find the clues and do them all, then you win a prize and are informed too!

Closed Thread