Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Guilds > Guild Community Center
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Emerald Empress User
Points: 134,876, Level: 100 Points: 134,876, Level: 100 Points: 134,876, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%
Last Achievements

"I love listening to the sound of the waves at the beach."

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Tagged: 64 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
molokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Prom Member Awards 2013 
Total Awards: 1

Orbock! I have members that are allowed to play on DC if they do NOT come here to the forums! I don't think it's very fair to make the forums into aother guild competition. Most of my members do not come to the forums and that's their choice. I provide them info through the guild alerts. Some guilds have a lot of "staff" members so they would have a definite advantage. To say that my guild would not be "active" enough to be considered because guild members don't use the forums just isn't right in my opinion. And no offense but you as a guild owner may find the forums helpful but not all do evidently. If DC wants to add "incentives" to try and increase forum usage that's fine by me but NOT if tied to the guild system.

I thought the whole idea was to get guilds "featured" that may not be able to "compete" with some of the other guilds? I'm just not interested in replacing one competition for another.

Oh well - I've had my say. Just think we need to be realistic about all this.

Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !

Old 01-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Site Owner
Points: 2,821,332, Level: 100 Points: 2,821,332, Level: 100 Points: 2,821,332, Level: 100
Activity: 30.9% Activity: 30.9% Activity: 30.9%
Last Achievements

"I drove past the fork in the road and went straight"

My Mood: Busy
Mentioned: 2442 Post(s)
Tagged: 114 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2580 Post(s)
angieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Most likely to still be playing DC in 50 years 

My guild doesn't use our forum much, and I don't try to force them to. They are mostly main site people and I don't want them to feel obligated to get out of their comfort zone just for the sake of appearances.

I also wouldn't feel comfortable pitching to the guild staff why they should feature my guild. I also wouldn't feel like writing it up every month. It would be so much more special to me if someone from staff approached me and said "hey, we'd love to feature your guild." and asked me to give them a bit of info or asked me some interview type questions.

Just my thoughts.

1 members like this post.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Security Supervisor
Senior Community Moderator
Guild Moderator
Points: 115,148, Level: 100 Points: 115,148, Level: 100 Points: 115,148, Level: 100
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

"Failures are guaranteed. Learning from them is optional."

My Mood: Grumpy
Mentioned: 1559 Post(s)
Tagged: 53 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2327 Post(s)
fashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Graphics Gauntlet 3rd place Staff Member of the Month Staff Member of the Month Forum Profile Decorating Contest 
Total Awards: 9

I was thinking it could all be on Chelle... If you thought it would be nice another guild (not your own) would be featured, you could let Chelle know. Otherwise, Chelle picks a guild. A little interview with the owner or co-owner, some facts, maybe some pics of GOC entries or something. But no rewards, no repeats until all the other active guilds had been covered (a guild where no officers respond to Chelle or have no GOC entries or anything like that could be out of the pool so she doesn't have to feature a guild that doesn't cooperate or seem to participate). Sort of thing we miss from the Gazette, but maybe it doesn't work since we don't have the Gazette anymore...

No rewards or incentives to come to the forums. Some younger members may not have permission. I don't think it would be fair...

Old 01-25-2012, 06:47 AM
Community Moderator
Points: 128,979, Level: 100 Points: 128,979, Level: 100 Points: 128,979, Level: 100
Activity: 99.7% Activity: 99.7% Activity: 99.7%
Last Achievements

"Attitude is everything..."

Previous Username: orbock
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 1784 Post(s)
Tagged: 109 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1908 Post(s)
hippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Most likely to have nine lives Forum Colour Wars Prom Table Activities Graphic Battle Royale 
Total Awards: 11

From the sounds of it people miss the gazette, maybe that should come back or a guild section could be added to the pulse?

Old 01-25-2012, 08:41 AM
Senior Guild Administrator
Senior Customer Support Administrator
Points: 208,743, Level: 100 Points: 208,743, Level: 100 Points: 208,743, Level: 100
Activity: 19.7% Activity: 19.7% Activity: 19.7%
Last Achievements

"Let it be."

My Mood: Sleepy
Mentioned: 1605 Post(s)
Tagged: 41 Thread(s)
Quoted: 936 Post(s)
Gwendolyn7777 is a mini celebrityGwendolyn7777 is a mini celebrityGwendolyn7777 is a mini celebrityGwendolyn7777 is a mini celebrityGwendolyn7777 is a mini celebrityGwendolyn7777 is a mini celebrityGwendolyn7777 is a mini celebrityGwendolyn7777 is a mini celebrityGwendolyn7777 is a mini celebrityGwendolyn7777 is a mini celebrityGwendolyn7777 is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Staff Member of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieluvboo View Post
My guild doesn't use our forum much, and I don't try to force them to. They are mostly main site people and I don't want them to feel obligated to get out of their comfort zone just for the sake of appearances.

I also wouldn't feel comfortable pitching to the guild staff why they should feature my guild. I also wouldn't feel like writing it up every month. It would be so much more special to me if someone from staff approached me and said "hey, we'd love to feature your guild." and asked me to give them a bit of info or asked me some interview type questions.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks Liz for your trust and faith in Chelle to take on another task, but she is swamped usually now, although our new guild trainees are going to lighten her load a lot. *wink*

Sooo...how would you all feel about Angie's idea. I, myself, will choose a guild each month, and will send the owner some questions to answer and that guild will be featured in the showcase on the home page and we will make a featured guild of the month forum and add the interviews each month (the featured guild will also have the option to have a banner in their interview post that month.)

I will make sure that each guild (that is sufficiently active) has a chance to be feature before repeats are started and any guild that does not wish to be featured, well, the owner will just tell me that when I ask them that month.

This forum will also serve as an excellent place for prospective members to research a guild they are interested in.

ok, give your honest thoughts about this plan suggestion!

Any society that makes people try to all act the identical way,
by someone else's notion of normalcy, is doomed to failure.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:06 AM
Community Moderator
Points: 128,979, Level: 100 Points: 128,979, Level: 100 Points: 128,979, Level: 100
Activity: 99.7% Activity: 99.7% Activity: 99.7%
Last Achievements

"Attitude is everything..."

Previous Username: orbock
Mentioned: 1784 Post(s)
Tagged: 109 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1908 Post(s)
hippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Most likely to have nine lives Forum Colour Wars Prom Table Activities Graphic Battle Royale 
Total Awards: 11

sounds wonderful!

Old 01-25-2012, 09:34 AM
Almost Famous
Points: 63,464, Level: 100 Points: 63,464, Level: 100 Points: 63,464, Level: 100
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%
Last Achievements

"Worrying is the most destructive habit."

Previous Username: pinkdaisy
Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 24 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
jamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
30 Day Forum Challenge Winner July Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwendolyn7777 View Post
Thanks Liz for your trust and faith in Chelle to take on another task, but she is swamped usually now, although our new guild trainees are going to lighten her load a lot. *wink*

Sooo...how would you all feel about Angie's idea. I, myself, will choose a guild each month, and will send the owner some questions to answer and that guild will be featured in the showcase on the home page and we will make a featured guild of the month forum and add the interviews each month (the featured guild will also have the option to have a banner in their interview post that month.)

I will make sure that each guild (that is sufficiently active) has a chance to be feature before repeats are started and any guild that does not wish to be featured, well, the owner will just tell me that when I ask them that month.

This forum will also serve as an excellent place for prospective members to research a guild they are interested in.

I agree, sounds great!
& Yes the guild trainees will lighten the load.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:35 AM
Diva In Love
Points: 52,700, Level: 100 Points: 52,700, Level: 100 Points: 52,700, Level: 100
Activity: 4.0% Activity: 4.0% Activity: 4.0%
Last Achievements

"To feel loved is wonderful feeling"

Previous Username: smannion79
My Mood: Asleep
Mentioned: 416 Post(s)
Tagged: 59 Thread(s)
Quoted: 827 Post(s)
smartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Forum Colour Wars Blog Contests Blog Contests F-A-T Team Winners Award 
Total Awards: 15

there is like 3 of us in my guild that will come to the forums. I like the other ideas though.

leabel88

Old 01-25-2012, 09:39 AM
Security Supervisor
Senior Community Moderator
Guild Moderator
Points: 115,148, Level: 100 Points: 115,148, Level: 100 Points: 115,148, Level: 100
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

"Failures are guaranteed. Learning from them is optional."

My Mood: Grumpy
Mentioned: 1559 Post(s)
Tagged: 53 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2327 Post(s)
fashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Graphics Gauntlet 3rd place Staff Member of the Month Staff Member of the Month Forum Profile Decorating Contest 
Total Awards: 9

Quote:

Sounds good to me... Maybe for those who don't want to go to the forums, the hover on the main site link could show the guild name or something?

Old 01-25-2012, 09:39 AM
Almost Famous
Points: 63,464, Level: 100 Points: 63,464, Level: 100 Points: 63,464, Level: 100
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%
Last Achievements

"Worrying is the most destructive habit."

Previous Username: pinkdaisy
Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 24 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
jamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
30 Day Forum Challenge Winner July Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

None of my members come to the forums besides Hannah, so I feel that that shouldn't be anything to do with it. Afterall, guilds are 95% main site anyways. xD If I asked my members to visit the forums, they'd most likely become less active in my guild, and I can't have that.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:46 AM
Sequin Star User
Points: 18,064, Level: 58 Points: 18,064, Level: 58 Points: 18,064, Level: 58
Level up: 53% Level up: 53% Level up: 53%
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%
Last Achievements

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
copsmom925 has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Prom Table Activities 

I'm afraid I don't use the forums at all. As owner of Unique Divas, my time is limited and I feel my first priority is to keep my members positive by sending them upbeat alerts about their accomplishments. If I'm spending a good portion of my time on the forums, then I'm not voting and battling and participating in my Guild as much as my time allows.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Clothing & Design Admin
Points: 474,483, Level: 100 Points: 474,483, Level: 100 Points: 474,483, Level: 100
Activity: 38.2% Activity: 38.2% Activity: 38.2%
Last Achievements

":::::Throws Confetti!!!:::::"

My Mood: Goofy
Mentioned: 1618 Post(s)
Tagged: 146 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1237 Post(s)
MadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrityMadCarlie is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Staff Member of the Month Holiday Forum Awards Holiday Forum Member Awards Member You Just Can't Get Enough Of DC Anniv. 2012 
Total Awards: 4

I like your plan Gwennie. I rather like a random choice, I like surprises Like I enter Red Carpet and GOC but I never message Trishy to plea for recognition, I believe she might shoot me if I bombarded her with pleas rofl rofl rofl Plus I would feel foolish begging, oh please oh please oh please I like being chosen randomly
J/K but you get my drift.

Most of my guild members play on the main site and frankly the forums confuse most of them. I don't believe there are more than a couple of them who visit the forums, most are scared and discombobulated when they have to go to the forums I'd hate to tell them they HAD to and I think they would hate me for asking.

Random works for me, starting with, say, #4 for example rofl rofl rofl

I love y'all, I'll participate in whatever you come up with

EDIT: Do I have enough smileys?

xoxoxo

Thanks Sylvie!! Thanks Rinny!! And thank you Angie!!

Old 01-25-2012, 10:22 AM
Superstar User
Points: 18,674, Level: 59 Points: 18,674, Level: 59 Points: 18,674, Level: 59
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

My Mood: Cheerful
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 11 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Ronmedo is a mini celebrityRonmedo is a mini celebrityRonmedo is a mini celebrityRonmedo is a mini celebrityRonmedo is a mini celebrityRonmedo is a mini celebrityRonmedo is a mini celebrityRonmedo is a mini celebrityRonmedo is a mini celebrityRonmedo is a mini celebrityRonmedo is a mini celebrity

I love the idea, there are only a handful of my members who use the forums but I do know that they read the homepage. I think it makes better sense to have it on the homepage. I also think it will give more insight to all the non guild members on what each guild does and represents. Perhaps after reading about each highlighted guild, there might be a few who would want to join a guild because they understand it better.

I say go for it.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Senior Guild Administrator
Senior Customer Support Administrator
Points: 208,743, Level: 100 Points: 208,743, Level: 100 Points: 208,743, Level: 100
Activity: 19.7% Activity: 19.7% Activity: 19.7%
Last Achievements

"Let it be."

My Mood: Sleepy
Mentioned: 1605 Post(s)
Tagged: 41 Thread(s)
Quoted: 936 Post(s)
Gwendolyn7777 is a mini celebrityGwendolyn7777 is a mini celebrityGwendolyn7777 is a mini celebrityGwendolyn7777 is a mini celebrityGwendolyn7777 is a mini celebrityGwendolyn7777 is a mini celebrityGwendolyn7777 is a mini celebrityGwendolyn7777 is a mini celebrityGwendolyn7777 is a mini celebrityGwendolyn7777 is a mini celebrityGwendolyn7777 is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Staff Member of the Month 

Using the forums is NOT necessary. It would just BE there for those who DO use and do look. The showcase square would link to the game side homepage of the featured guild the same way the GOTM square does now. If the featured guild wanted to dress up or improve their guild's public face to encourage new members, that would be a good time to do it while they were being featured, and more people are looking.

If a guild member noticed their guild was featured, they would then, perhaps, feel inclined to take a look at the post in the thread that celebrates their guild for that month, but they, of course, don't have to look at it if they didn't want to.

Any society that makes people try to all act the identical way,
by someone else's notion of normalcy, is doomed to failure.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Emerald Empress User
Points: 4,363, Level: 27 Points: 4,363, Level: 27 Points: 4,363, Level: 27
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Last Achievements

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
unpredictable is a glorious beacon of lightunpredictable is a glorious beacon of light

I come on the forums but as for knowing how to create threads or anything I don't know. I am a new Guild Owner. I am faithfully on Dc and when I usually see a link I visit. And try to participate in events. My Guild is very small.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Emerald Empress User
Points: 134,876, Level: 100 Points: 134,876, Level: 100 Points: 134,876, Level: 100
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%
Last Achievements

"I love listening to the sound of the waves at the beach."

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Tagged: 64 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
molokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Prom Member Awards 2013 

Quote:

Isn't that what I've been asking for!

Old 01-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Site Owner
Points: 2,821,332, Level: 100 Points: 2,821,332, Level: 100 Points: 2,821,332, Level: 100
Last Achievements

angieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase

I could make us a new Featured Guild page on the main site that has all the info about the selected guild. That way none of our guild members have to deal with the forum since guilds operate on the main site.

I ran this by Gwen and she gave it the thumbs up.

3 members like this post.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Diva In Love
Points: 52,700, Level: 100 Points: 52,700, Level: 100 Points: 52,700, Level: 100
Activity: 4.0% Activity: 4.0% Activity: 4.0%
Last Achievements

"To feel loved is wonderful feeling"

Previous Username: smannion79
My Mood: Asleep
Mentioned: 416 Post(s)
Tagged: 59 Thread(s)
Quoted: 827 Post(s)
smartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Forum Colour Wars Blog Contests Blog Contests F-A-T Team Winners Award 
Total Awards: 15

would this include our threads from the forums?

leabel88

Old 01-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Site Owner
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by smannion79 View Post
would this include our threads from the forums?
no, it's just one page for the featured guild

Old 01-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Cosmopolitan Diva User
Points: 195,915, Level: 100 Points: 195,915, Level: 100 Points: 195,915, Level: 100
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%
Last Achievements

"Broken pencils are pointless."

Previous Username: jollymolly
Mentioned: 1868 Post(s)
Tagged: 131 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
mollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Staff Member of the Month 2014 Holiday Forum Awards: Most Likely to Build an 3rd Place 2014 Winter Fashion Flash Game Forum Profile Decorating Contest 
Total Awards: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieluvboo View Post
I could make us a new Featured Guild page on the main site that has all the info about the selected guild. That way none of our guild members have to deal with the forum since guilds operate on the main site.

I ran this by Gwen and she gave it the thumbs up.
I like this

-
-
-

http://i57.tinypic.com/2yuhvv5.png

sig & avi by jazz
ninja tag by Aryanna

Closed Thread