Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Contests > Site-Run Contests > Completed Competitions
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

User Tag List

Old 04-20-2017, 06:41 AM
Posting Princess
Points: 57,901, Level: 100 Points: 57,901, Level: 100 Points: 57,901, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4%
Last Achievements

"Beach is Sun, Sand and Water. What is not love about it?"

My Mood: Chatty
Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
alida is a mini celebrityalida is a mini celebrityalida is a mini celebrityalida is a mini celebrityalida is a mini celebrityalida is a mini celebrityalida is a mini celebrityalida is a mini celebrityalida is a mini celebrityalida is a mini celebrityalida is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
30 Day Forum Challenge 2013 
Total Awards: 1

Shouldn't we be able to vote vote on the first round today? The deadline for that round was yesterday, but I am not able to vote yet.

Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !

Old 04-20-2017, 07:01 AM
Security Supervisor
Senior Community Moderator
Guild Moderator
Points: 109,994, Level: 100 Points: 109,994, Level: 100 Points: 109,994, Level: 100
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

"Failures are guaranteed. Learning from them is optional."

My Mood: Grumpy
Mentioned: 1549 Post(s)
Tagged: 53 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
fashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Staff Member of the Month Staff Member of the Month Forum Profile Decorating Contest Blog Contests 
Total Awards: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat58 View Post
Shouldn't we be able to vote on round one now? Is there a problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alida View Post
Shouldn't we be able to vote vote on the first round today? The deadline for that round was yesterday, but I am not able to vote yet.
Checking on this. It says there are entries so we should be able to vote...

Old 04-20-2017, 12:36 PM
Bronze User
Points: 122,431, Level: 100 Points: 122,431, Level: 100 Points: 122,431, Level: 100
Activity: 55.2% Activity: 55.2% Activity: 55.2%
Last Achievements

My Mood: Angelic
Mentioned: 295 Post(s)
Tagged: 67 Thread(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
cat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
1st Place 2014 Holiday Dress Up Staff Member of the Month Mystery Costume Siggy 
Total Awards: 3

It looks like they'll have to push all of the rounds back one day.

2 members like this post.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:02 PM
Posting Princess
Last Achievements

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are"

Previous Username: mzbachatera
My Mood: Aggressive
Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
-maria- has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Holiday Sig/Avi Contest Summer Spectacular 2011 
Total Awards: 2

I kind of think allowing exclusives decreases the chances of non exclusive owners to win.. I don't think they should be allowed. Also isn't it today the 20th? Why is the voting not working?

1 members like this post.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:04 PM
Posting Princess
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet View Post
It is really a bummer that exclusives are now allowed, especially since this was the ONE event that was to even the playing field for ALL members. When several of us asked for an event that didn't allow exclusives this was the answer, and now this one is allowing it too. I wish I would have seen this before I spent all the time and funds and entered, or I wouldn't have even bothered.
I agree, makes me not want to enter the rest of the rounds knowing I'll lose automatically

Old 04-20-2017, 02:25 PM
Emerald Empress
Points: 321,014, Level: 100 Points: 321,014, Level: 100 Points: 321,014, Level: 100
Activity: 25.1% Activity: 25.1% Activity: 25.1%
Last Achievements

"I'm crazy....in case you were unsure"

My Mood: Devilish
Mentioned: 1979 Post(s)
Tagged: 51 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1666 Post(s)
imnoangell99 is a mini celebrityimnoangell99 is a mini celebrityimnoangell99 is a mini celebrityimnoangell99 is a mini celebrityimnoangell99 is a mini celebrityimnoangell99 is a mini celebrityimnoangell99 is a mini celebrityimnoangell99 is a mini celebrityimnoangell99 is a mini celebrityimnoangell99 is a mini celebrityimnoangell99 is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Staff Member of the Month Staff Member of the Month Staff Member of the Month How Did You Ask Your Date to Prom? 
Total Awards: 9

We actually like to give competitions a variety where sometimes exclusives may be allowed and other times not. Exclusives were actually allowed at the beginning of this cycle, we didn't change it all of a sudden in the middle.

As far as having already submitted an entry? You should be able to resubmit any entry for any round any number of times until the the round is closed for voting. So you are always welcome to making changes.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:56 PM
Emerald Empress User
Points: 42,743, Level: 90 Points: 42,743, Level: 90 Points: 42,743, Level: 90
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%
Last Achievements

My Mood: Tired
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
whats_her_name is a mini celebritywhats_her_name is a mini celebritywhats_her_name is a mini celebritywhats_her_name is a mini celebritywhats_her_name is a mini celebritywhats_her_name is a mini celebritywhats_her_name is a mini celebritywhats_her_name is a mini celebritywhats_her_name is a mini celebritywhats_her_name is a mini celebritywhats_her_name is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
1st Place 2014 Holiday Dress Up 2nd Place 2014 Holiday Dress Up 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -maria- View Post
I agree, makes me not want to enter the rest of the rounds knowing I'll lose automatically
Well, as someone who was also caught off guard by the new exclusives-included rule, and who has already submitted dolls for all rounds based on the idea that exclusives were not to be included, for the most part I tend to agree with the majority in this thread. All the drama was completely avoidable, as even Stevie Wonder could have seen that allowing exclusive designs in this unique event could potentially turn it into another designers showcase a la Guild War...and you already have Guild War for designers to do their thing in that regard. But in the end, it is what it is.

However, speaking as someone who has scored a very strong second in a Guild War where exclusives were allowed (and I used absolutely no exclusives in my 2nd place winning design), it is possible to beat out a bunch of original designs using Mall and CYO items...because I've done it before. I'm not happy at the new (and hopefully temporary) rule change either, but don't get discouraged. It's just an internet game at the end of the day, and the whole purpose is to show off your style and have a little fun. So go ahead and do that. You might end up being pleasantly surprised at your results when it's all over.

3 members like this post.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:58 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

"If I'm dead, do I still have a mind?"

Previous Username: ashbee
My Mood: Sad
Mentioned: 553 Post(s)
Tagged: 104 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3808 Post(s)
ocean_crumbles has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Forum Colour Wars Blog Contests 30 Day Forum Challenge Winner Congeniality  Award 
Total Awards: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnoangell99 View Post
We actually like to give competitions a variety where sometimes exclusives may be allowed and other times not. Exclusives were actually allowed at the beginning of this cycle, we didn't change it all of a sudden in the middle.

As far as having already submitted an entry? You should be able to resubmit any entry for any round any number of times until the the round is closed for voting. So you are always welcome to making changes.
Thing is not everyone can afford exclusives and since they're exclusives you tend to know who owns the doll. Also it wasn't really announced that well that exclusives were allowed for this round since you had the page saying no exclusives. I don't know. How is allowing exclusives mixing it up? Everywhere you look, exclusives are allowed. Something different might have been try to make an outfit with x amount of items or only x items.

Please be aware that I no longer play the game. I check the forums every now and then out of habit so if you see me around feel free to message

Old 04-20-2017, 05:08 PM
Bronze User
Points: 122,431, Level: 100 Points: 122,431, Level: 100 Points: 122,431, Level: 100
Last Achievements

cat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebritycat58 is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase

For me, "exclusives" allowed now just means that I might be able to use a perfect hairstyle or background from a beloved designer whose shop has now closed. Since my favorite hair designer and my favorite background designer both recently went out of business, this is good news. I seriously doubt that using exclusives in this particular competition would really give much of an advantage. Think about the difference between this and guild war, which has been brought up for a comparison. In guild war, you use one single outfit in an elimination competition which goes on for days. In this competition, you have to put together 10 outfits, each with a required element, each for 24 hours only. It simply wouldn't be worth the trouble to design 10 different exclusive outfits, or to pay someone to do so, and who's to say that a hastily-designed exclusive outfit would really give a person an edge? It'll be fine, I'm sure.

What concerns me is that round 1 didn't start today like it was supposed to, so are we going to throw out round 1 and start with round 2 tomorrow, or put everything back a day? And if a system glitch is causing the problem, that's always worrisome.

Here's the bottom line, as I see it: Angie and the staff do not sit around plotting on how to make DC players unhappy. They sit around trying to create and pull off events that will be fun for all members, and as an ex-member of staff, I can testify that it's actually work. Please remember that, and that nobody gets paid, and that everybody actually does have jobs or school and lives outside of here. (Shocking, I know).

Go ahead and enter, it's fun. I love this event. I have won and I have tanked, and I still love it. Do it for the fun, it's a game. (Steps down from soap box and walks away)

3 members like this post.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:30 PM
Community Administrator
Points: 410,609, Level: 100 Points: 410,609, Level: 100 Points: 410,609, Level: 100
Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9%
Last Achievements

"R.I.P. Mom♥ 11/1/1943 - 12/25/2011 I love and miss you everyday!"

Previous Username: sexielexie
My Mood: Happy
Mentioned: 1925 Post(s)
Tagged: 126 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1922 Post(s)
anne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Forum Profile Decorating Contest Forum Profile Decorating Contest Forum Profile Decorating Contest Forum Profile Decorating Contest 
Total Awards: 6

Hey everyone, sorry about the mix up. Voting on WWIB will now start tomorrow on Round 1 and so on. So everyone get's an extra day to enter!

Old 04-21-2017, 06:05 AM
Kidult
Points: 10,822, Level: 44 Points: 10,822, Level: 44 Points: 10,822, Level: 44
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%
Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7%
Last Achievements

"R.I.P. Gizmo, my chihuahua, 2/14/2010-10/17/2016"

Previous Username: pandori
My Mood: Fine
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
kismet is a mini celebritykismet is a mini celebritykismet is a mini celebritykismet is a mini celebritykismet is a mini celebritykismet is a mini celebritykismet is a mini celebritykismet is a mini celebritykismet is a mini celebritykismet is a mini celebritykismet is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
2nd place Scary Story Competition Forum Profile Decorating Contest 2nd place Scary Story Competition Forum Profile Decorating Contest 
Total Awards: 5

Oh my gosh, lol. I am losing all 4 battles. xD
I don't blame people...it wasn't my best diva. haha

Old 04-21-2017, 08:53 AM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase
Forum Colour Wars Blog Contests 30 Day Forum Challenge Winner Congeniality  Award 

I'm losing too but mine is ugly ��

Please be aware that I no longer play the game. I check the forums every now and then out of habit so if you see me around feel free to message

Old 04-22-2017, 12:50 AM
Bronze User
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase

Some of these ladies are strangely overdressed for vacuuming.

2 members like this post.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:59 AM
Household Name
Points: 16,850, Level: 56 Points: 16,850, Level: 56 Points: 16,850, Level: 56
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Activity: 32.8% Activity: 32.8% Activity: 32.8%
Last Achievements

"Life is not waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning how to dance in the rain ♥"

My Mood: Goofy
Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
CadyJean has disabled reputation

Quote:
I was just thinking the same thing while I was voting!!

Old 04-22-2017, 03:52 AM
Posting Princess
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I know right!!

Old 04-22-2017, 10:32 AM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Oh gosh yes lol

Old 04-22-2017, 06:13 PM
pop upside down
Points: 8,537, Level: 39 Points: 8,537, Level: 39 Points: 8,537, Level: 39
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

"Books, Cats, Life is Good."

My Mood: Confused
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
bob has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Blog Contests Spooky Cake Decorating Blog Dedication Week 9 Mystery Dedication Week 
Total Awards: 7

The Freddie Mercury doll made my day.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:48 AM
Bronze User
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase

I did alright the first two rounds, but round 3 is not looking good.

Old 04-23-2017, 01:22 AM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase

I did bad in the first round. Very great in the second round. Third round looks challenging.

Old 04-23-2017, 09:34 AM
Posting Princess
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase

Omg I am losing every single one of my battles for this round