Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Guilds > Guild Challenge Arena
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

User Tag List

Old 01-03-2012, 11:21 PM
Superstar User
Points: 192,405, Level: 100 Points: 192,405, Level: 100 Points: 192,405, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 8.7% Activity: 8.7% Activity: 8.7%
Last Achievements

"The Beach Calms My Soul."

My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 71 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
BlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrity
Default G.O.C. Voting Chit Chat

As an interesting chit chat at least to me after voting. I will say I didn't give any 5's and few 4's on this Kogal one.

Here is the site I found for Kogal.

http://www.japaneselifestyle.com.au/fashion/kogal.html

IMO, I think most got the Uniform idea but really didn't grasp the culture of the fashion.

I will also say because this has been really interesting to me and is worth at least one point when voting is the description. Some people put together awesome outfits and nothing in the description. Ding! What would have been a 5 is now just a 4 to me. Others cut and paste what they read on Wikipedia which is fine. However, in this case it wasn't totally reliable source of the culture of the fashion. I used the School Girl images as I was limited to shop items. That's not all the dressing up Kogal is so I was surprized to see almost everyone wearing one.

My question is this; do any of you count the description in your voting? And, how many actually investigate a fashion culture when one comes up like this. I saw one that had a beautiful outfit with a japanese face and really wasn't based on the actual Kogal culture I had in my mind and no description. I just didn't know how to vote on that one.*wink* I wouldn't give it a one, but it drove me here to ask those questions.

Just curious what you guys look at when voting. That goes for non-guild members too. Wondering if they know what they are voting on or do they just vote.

I also wonder if members would like maybe a blurb at the top of a theme so people who haven't entered the theme know what it is they are voting on.

Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !

1 members like this post.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Co-owner of the BB guild!
Points: 51,596, Level: 99 Points: 51,596, Level: 99 Points: 51,596, Level: 99
Level up: 73% Level up: 73% Level up: 73%
Activity: 87.0% Activity: 87.0% Activity: 87.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

"The problems of today will eventually become the problems of yesterday. Keep moving on.."

My Mood: Happy
Mentioned: 1137 Post(s)
Tagged: 115 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1500 Post(s)
jennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Prom 2018 Forum Awards Forum Profile Decorating Contest 3rd Place 2014 Design a Holiday Dress 2nd Place 2014 Holiday Mad Libs 
Total Awards: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPawZ View Post
As an interesting chit chat at least to me after voting. I will say I didn't give any 5's and few 4's on this Kogal one.

Here is the site I found for Kogal.

http://www.japaneselifestyle.com.au/fashion/kogal.html

IMO, I think most got the Uniform idea but really didn't grasp the culture of the fashion.

I will also say because this has been really interesting to me and is worth at least one point when voting is the description. Some people put together awesome outfits and nothing in the description. Ding! What would have been a 5 is now just a 4 to me. Others cut and paste what they read on Wikipedia which is fine. However, in this case it wasn't totally reliable source of the culture of the fashion. I used the School Girl images as I was limited to shop items. That's not all the dressing up Kogal is so I was surprized to see almost everyone wearing one.

My question is this; do any of you count the description in your voting? And, how many actually investigate a fashion culture when one comes up like this. I saw one that had a beautiful outfit with a japanese face and really wasn't based on the actual Kogal culture I had in my mind and no description. I just didn't know how to vote on that one.*wink* I wouldn't give it a one, but it drove me here to ask those questions.

Just curious what you guys look at when voting. That goes for non-guild members too. Wondering if they know what they are voting on or do they just vote.

I also wonder if members would like maybe a blurb at the top of a theme so people who haven't entered the theme know what it is they are voting on.
I did google the culture, but I wasn't totally satisfied with my outcome! I just have trouble locating the kinds and styles of clothes when I'm looking and I usually get really frustrated and just "settle", which is bad, but I enter every single GOC, so I don't like to spend forever on one GOC, you know? I guess I'm lazy!! & also, I try to always add a description. I feel like it would take away from my votes if I didn't describe what I was going for! lol. So, I'm with you on that one!

Thanks Leabel, for the beautiful set!

Old 01-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Site Owner
Points: 2,835,728, Level: 100 Points: 2,835,728, Level: 100 Points: 2,835,728, Level: 100
Activity: 72.7% Activity: 72.7% Activity: 72.7%
Last Achievements

"I drove past the fork in the road and went straight"

My Mood: Busy
Mentioned: 2900 Post(s)
Tagged: 119 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2777 Post(s)
angieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Anniversary Forum Awards 2018 Most likely to still be playing DC in 50 years 
Total Awards: 2

I don't consider the description. I'm too lazy to read them and too lazy to write them as well lol. But I know others ding for no description. I'm just too lazy to make something up to get that extra point. lol

Old 01-04-2012, 12:08 AM
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

"The problems of today will eventually become the problems of yesterday. Keep moving on.."

jennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrityjennamazingg is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Prom 2018 Forum Awards Forum Profile Decorating Contest 3rd Place 2014 Design a Holiday Dress 2nd Place 2014 Holiday Mad Libs 

lol I am guilty of copying and pasting from whatever comes up when I google a GOC too. There are some I just find hard to write a description for! lol But its okay to be lazy, Angie! We all are at times! Anyway, I guess people got what I was going for with my Kogal Fashion GOC because I got first! Last time I looked, my score was like 2.7 So I was SHOCKED!!! But oh well, I'm happy! (:

Old 01-04-2012, 12:21 AM
Superstar User
Points: 192,405, Level: 100 Points: 192,405, Level: 100 Points: 192,405, Level: 100
Last Achievements

BlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrityBlackPawZ is a mini celebrity

Well just with you two responding it would appear if your one that writes a description your vote includes the description. Makes sense. I'm so goofy late at night. I just looked and I did a CYO on that one.rofl Congrats Jenna.

Last edited by BlackPawZ; 01-04-2012 at 12:24 AM.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:31 AM
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Awards Showcase

Thank you thank you!!!! I'm having a tough time thinking of a UNIQUE twist on the Friday the 13th Theme!! ughh, I'll do it tomorrow! lol

Old 01-04-2012, 07:53 AM
pop upside down
Points: 9,355, Level: 41 Points: 9,355, Level: 41 Points: 9,355, Level: 41
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

"Books, Cats, Life is Good."

My Mood: Confused
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
bob has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Blog Contests Spooky Cake Decorating Blog Dedication Week 9 Mystery Dedication Week 

The description has some importance to me when voting, it varies how much. I want to understand how people have been thinking when they made their entries, and sometimes it's hard to see the connection to the theme when there's no description. That will bring down the score for me.

On the other hand, when voting on the Tacky theme entries today, it didn't really matter if there were any descriptions, because the outfits were kinda talking for themselves.

I always write descriptions for my own entries. I try to keep them short so more people will bother reading them.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Security Supervisor
Senior Community Moderator
Guild Moderator
Points: 132,665, Level: 100 Points: 132,665, Level: 100 Points: 132,665, Level: 100
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

"That's not how it works, that's not how any of this works..."

Mentioned: 1947 Post(s)
Tagged: 55 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2513 Post(s)
fashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Graphics Gauntlet 3rd place Staff Member of the Month Staff Member of the Month Forum Profile Decorating Contest 
Total Awards: 9

I will take a description into account - usually if the doll doesn't seem to fit but the decription clarifies it. But I don't require one. Actually prefer if the outfit speaks for itself - if the outfit fits the theme so well it doesn't need one.

I browsed through some entries yesterday but they didn't seem to fit the theme ... It is a style of dress in Japan, but it is not only school girl uniforms. And I didn't think it was a style of dress outside of Japan where people dressed up in Japanese school girl uniforms (what most of the entries I saw looked like).

I thought maybe I was wrong on what the theme was supposed to be, when that happens I just vote whether I like them or not, but I wasn't really liking any of the ones I saw yesterday...

I decided I was going to end up voting too low so I ended up not voting yesterday.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Security Supervisor
Guild Moderator
Points: 132,665, Level: 100 Points: 132,665, Level: 100 Points: 132,665, Level: 100
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

fashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Graphics Gauntlet 3rd place Staff Member of the Month Staff Member of the Month Forum Profile Decorating Contest 

Can I put this here?

How did you vote today on the ones that seemed to be in regular outfits? I mean not tacky as far as I can tell? And what about the one without a body? What is the deal with that?

I want to vote low on those. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Do some people just enter whatever they are currently wearing whether it fits the theme or not?

Old 01-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionchallenged View Post
Can I put this here?

How did you vote today on the ones that seemed to be in regular outfits? I mean not tacky as far as I can tell? And what about the one without a body? What is the deal with that?

Do some people just enter whatever they are currently wearing whether it fits the theme or not?

I have wondered this with a lot of entries in the past! lol I voted low if they didn't look tacky. To me, tacky is simple. Just don't match & wear lots of colors/patterns!! I see that all the time on here, so I was looking forward to seeing some pretty interesting entries. But yes, the one without a body I was like "Whatttt?" But I thought it may have been their mistake or something.. idk. And there were like at least 3 people in just a regular outfit. Maybe they didn't know what tacky meant? Idk.. I really tried with my entry, because I thought this was a really fun subject! & right now, my score is actually really decent, so I hope people can see that I tried!!

Old 01-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Cosmopolitan Diva User
Points: 195,915, Level: 100 Points: 195,915, Level: 100 Points: 195,915, Level: 100
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%
Last Achievements

"Broken pencils are pointless."

Previous Username: jollymolly
Mentioned: 1868 Post(s)
Tagged: 132 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2340 Post(s)
mollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Staff Member of the Month 2014 Holiday Forum Awards: Most Likely to Build an 3rd Place 2014 Winter Fashion Flash Game Forum Profile Decorating Contest 
Total Awards: 13

I look at a description if I need to, but I don't "deduct" if there isn't one. It's not too important to me, but like Liz, I like there to be one if there isn't an obvious correlation between theme and doll.

If it doesn't really fit the theme to me, I vote a three, if it fits the theme but it's not great, I vote a four and if it's great, I vote a 5. I will sometimes vote a two if there is just a regular doll in a theme that is obviously not a plain clothes theme, and I never vote a one. It also doesn't matter to me if it's shop or CYO...I honestly don't even look at that. I vote as I stated regardless

-
-
-

http://i57.tinypic.com/2yuhvv5.png

sig & avi by jazz
ninja tag by Aryanna

Old 01-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Security Supervisor
Guild Moderator
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Awards Showcase

Then I am the evil one. Because I do give 1s if it looks like they didn't even try...

Old 01-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Superstar User
Last Achievements

Quote:
Can I put this here? Hey, your in charge.rofl

How did you vote today on the ones that seemed to be in regular outfits? I mean not tacky as far as I can tell? And what about the one without a body? What is the deal with that?2's as no effort. But, the one without a body was tacky.rofl I think that got a good vote out of me.*wink*

Those do bug me.lol

I thought Tacky was kinda like the Ugly Battles. I loved most of the diva's and it was fun to see tacky and what people tried to do with that theme. I was giving 5's left and right.rofl I have no clue what my Diva is doing as I haven't looked. I guess I'll go check it out.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Security Supervisor
Guild Moderator
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPawZ View Post
... Hey, your in charge. ...
Not over here, just in Suggestions and Feedback. Over here, I am just annoying...

Old 01-04-2012, 11:05 PM
DANCE IT OUT!
Points: 162,238, Level: 100 Points: 162,238, Level: 100 Points: 162,238, Level: 100
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

"KJ is the frosting on my cupcake ♥"

Previous Username: tchelletx
My Mood: Psychedelic
Mentioned: 245 Post(s)
Tagged: 100 Thread(s)
Quoted: 604 Post(s)
soco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebritysoco_bela is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Staff Member of the Month Forum Profile Decorating Contest Blog Color Scheme Award Forum Profile Decorating Contest 
Total Awards: 23

Quote:
Not over here, just in Suggestions and Feedback. Over here, I am just annoying...
You're not annoying and you know it! lol

I haven't actually entered GOC in so long! I need to get back to doing it.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:21 PM
Superstar User
Last Achievements

Quote:
rofl don't forget evil.*wink*

Old 01-05-2012, 02:00 AM
Cosmopolitan Diva User
Points: 195,915, Level: 100 Points: 195,915, Level: 100 Points: 195,915, Level: 100
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%
Last Achievements

"Broken pencils are pointless."

Previous Username: jollymolly
Mentioned: 1868 Post(s)
Tagged: 132 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2340 Post(s)
mollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Staff Member of the Month 2014 Holiday Forum Awards: Most Likely to Build an 3rd Place 2014 Winter Fashion Flash Game Forum Profile Decorating Contest 
Total Awards: 13

Quote:
rofl rofl

-
-
-

http://i57.tinypic.com/2yuhvv5.png

sig & avi by jazz
ninja tag by Aryanna

Old 01-05-2012, 07:32 AM
pop upside down
Points: 9,355, Level: 41 Points: 9,355, Level: 41 Points: 9,355, Level: 41
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Last Achievements

"Books, Cats, Life is Good."

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
bob has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Blog Contests Spooky Cake Decorating Blog Dedication Week 9 Mystery Dedication Week 

Quote:
Then I am the evil one. Because I do give 1s if it looks like they didn't even try...
We must be evil twins, because I do the same thing.

As for the non-tacky entries yesterday, I voted low for those. Same logic as always - you've got to stick to the theme to get a good score.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Points: 174,122, Level: 100 Points: 174,122, Level: 100 Points: 174,122, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5% Activity: 99.5%
Last Achievements

"Attitude is everything..."

Previous Username: orbock
Mentioned: 2680 Post(s)
Tagged: 112 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2172 Post(s)
hippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Most likely to have nine lives Forum Colour Wars Prom Table Activities Graphic Battle Royale 
Total Awards: 11

I love GOC and I wish the theme would give requirements- some have a blank description when the theme is posted. It can leave the interpretation really open- in that case the comments people post with the entry are helpful! I really like it when the comments are funny and I hate the ones copied and pasted from wiki, although I don't deduct or add points for the comments- to me they are just an added delight when voting- especially the funny ones!

As far as voting goes- I will give a one if the doll is in a random outfit totally unrelated to the theme. I don't pay much attention to shop or cyo and I am not sure why they are separated out- some shop are better than some cyos! I believe an entry is an entry!

I do not give 5s for just any outfit, it must fit the theme or be an interesting twist on a theme. I like to see the winner be unique in some way! I give a lot of 3's and 4's- and a few 2's if a person tried but missed the mark. One's are reserved for the dolls entered but totally unrelated to the theme, i.e. in regular outfits- they should really be declined on their entry!

I try really hard and hope I am not too critical, but it is a competition!!! LOL!!!

Old 03-13-2012, 01:43 AM
Aspiring Diva
Points: 20,318, Level: 62 Points: 20,318, Level: 62 Points: 20,318, Level: 62
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Last Achievements

"Money~How to make more and share my wealth with those that are less Fortunate"

My Mood: Cool
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 16 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
sweetie_pie is a mini celebritysweetie_pie is a mini celebritysweetie_pie is a mini celebritysweetie_pie is a mini celebritysweetie_pie is a mini celebritysweetie_pie is a mini celebritysweetie_pie is a mini celebritysweetie_pie is a mini celebritysweetie_pie is a mini celebritysweetie_pie is a mini celebritysweetie_pie is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
F-A-T Team Winners Award Winter Wonderland Olympics Team Winners Congeniality  Award DC Friend-A-Thon 
Total Awards: 8

I really like GOC(need some different themes)and i try hard to stick with the themes,what i don't like is for someone to wear they outfit all day,then put it in GOC, that's foul to me