Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

User Tag List

Old 04-26-2017, 01:43 AM
Household Name
Points: 16,886, Level: 56 Points: 16,886, Level: 56 Points: 16,886, Level: 56
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Activity: 48.5% Activity: 48.5% Activity: 48.5%
Last Achievements

"Life is not waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning how to dance in the rain ♥"

My Mood: Goofy
Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
CadyJean has disabled reputation

So on the Layers of fun theme, is that meaning use every single layer in the closet? So pants, dress, bottoms, tops, etc?

Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !

Old 04-26-2017, 06:38 AM
Security Supervisor
Senior Community Moderator
Guild Moderator
Points: 115,148, Level: 100 Points: 115,148, Level: 100 Points: 115,148, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

"Failures are guaranteed. Learning from them is optional."

My Mood: Grumpy
Mentioned: 1559 Post(s)
Tagged: 53 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
fashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Graphics Gauntlet 3rd place Staff Member of the Month Staff Member of the Month Forum Profile Decorating Contest 
Total Awards: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadyJean View Post
So on the Layers of fun theme, is that meaning use every single layer in the closet? So pants, dress, bottoms, tops, etc?
The voters do not see the theme description at all and entrants may only see it after they have completed their doll. So that description is there if you need help interpreting the theme. (There are always multiple possible interpretations of a theme.)

If I could not see the theme description, I would assume it was just fun layered outfits. You can use every single layer (including props, glasses, etc.), every major layer of clothing (dress, top, bottoms, outwear, ...) or just put together a fun layered look. (Or maybe even something to do with Fun? Outside the site, to me 'Layers of Fun' would mean Circus or Carnival for some reason. The emphasis seems to be on the word Fun since 'layers of' is describing the Fun. 'Fun Layers' would have emphasis on layers.)

From some competitions we have had in the past, if you try to make all layers visible, the doll does not always look, lets say, 'battle worthy'. If you work to make it pretty (hide skirts behind the dress, etc) it is not obvious that you used every layer. (Voters could go either way no matter which interpretation you chose or they are looking for.)

No matter what the theme, if your doll does not look to fit the theme description and what appears to be the obvious interpretation (when they are different), you might want to enter a description explaining your interpretation of the theme. If the voters don't know what interpretation you were trying for, they may not know how to vote and the entry description can help them out a little.

Last edited by fashionchallenged; 04-26-2017 at 06:44 AM.

3 members like this post.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:08 PM
Household Name
Points: 16,886, Level: 56 Points: 16,886, Level: 56 Points: 16,886, Level: 56
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Activity: 48.5% Activity: 48.5% Activity: 48.5%
Last Achievements

"Life is not waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning how to dance in the rain ♥"

My Mood: Goofy
Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
CadyJean has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionchallenged View Post
The voters do not see the theme description at all and entrants may only see it after they have completed their doll. So that description is there if you need help interpreting the theme. (There are always multiple possible interpretations of a theme.)

If I could not see the theme description, I would assume it was just fun layered outfits. You can use every single layer (including props, glasses, etc.), every major layer of clothing (dress, top, bottoms, outwear, ...) or just put together a fun layered look. (Or maybe even something to do with Fun? Outside the site, to me 'Layers of Fun' would mean Circus or Carnival for some reason. The emphasis seems to be on the word Fun since 'layers of' is describing the Fun. 'Fun Layers' would have emphasis on layers.)

From some competitions we have had in the past, if you try to make all layers visible, the doll does not always look, lets say, 'battle worthy'. If you work to make it pretty (hide skirts behind the dress, etc) it is not obvious that you used every layer. (Voters could go either way no matter which interpretation you chose or they are looking for.)

No matter what the theme, if your doll does not look to fit the theme description and what appears to be the obvious interpretation (when they are different), you might want to enter a description explaining your interpretation of the theme. If the voters don't know what interpretation you were trying for, they may not know how to vote and the entry description can help them out a little.
Thank you very much! That is very helpful

Old 05-09-2017, 06:00 AM
Sequin Star User
Points: 325, Level: 6 Points: 325, Level: 6 Points: 325, Level: 6
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

My Mood: Blah
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
pink-sparkles has disabled reputation

I dont get this theme: "For a Good Cause"...

Old 05-09-2017, 07:43 AM
Security Supervisor
Senior Community Moderator
Guild Moderator
Points: 115,148, Level: 100 Points: 115,148, Level: 100 Points: 115,148, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

"Failures are guaranteed. Learning from them is optional."

My Mood: Grumpy
Mentioned: 1559 Post(s)
Tagged: 53 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
fashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Graphics Gauntlet 3rd place Staff Member of the Month Staff Member of the Month Forum Profile Decorating Contest 
Total Awards: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink-sparkles View Post
I dont get this theme: "For a Good Cause"...
I was thinking something you would do for a charity (a charity ball, fundraising, marathon, charity walk, selling cookies, ...).

But it could mean to display a charity or something you believe in strongly (something you would consider a cause - so maybe political rallies, LGBTQ rights, rescuing animals, bring back our girls, ...).

(Explain in the description so the voters know how you interpreted it...)

Old 05-18-2017, 12:17 AM
Posting Princess
Points: 17,883, Level: 58 Points: 17,883, Level: 58 Points: 17,883, Level: 58
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
glitterdarla is a mini celebrityglitterdarla is a mini celebrityglitterdarla is a mini celebrityglitterdarla is a mini celebrityglitterdarla is a mini celebrityglitterdarla is a mini celebrityglitterdarla is a mini celebrityglitterdarla is a mini celebrityglitterdarla is a mini celebrityglitterdarla is a mini celebrityglitterdarla is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Staff Member of the Month 
Total Awards: 1

Living for these Mad hatter entries!