Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

"12th May 2013 - My daughter was born ♥"

Previous Username: fragile-heart
My Mood: Yeehaw
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
kirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombies View Post
Most abortions don't occur at a point where the fetus could survive outside the womb. Those that do are usually for medical purposes. I don't think abortion should even be questioned until it gets to a point where there's a high chance of survival for the fetus outside of the womb. Up until that point there's nothing immoral with it in my eyes.
As I have stated, the limit here is 24 weeks, my friend and her sister were born at 20 weeks. They are perfectly fine, so abortions are allowed at a stage where they can survive. That is murder.

Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !

1 members like this post.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:35 PM
cat connoisseur
Points: 291,322, Level: 100 Points: 291,322, Level: 100 Points: 291,322, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Last Achievements

Previous Username: unicornrobot
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
zombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsty_lj View Post
As I have stated, the limit here is 24 weeks, my friend and her sister were born at 20 weeks. They are perfectly fine, so abortions are allowed at a stage where they can survive. That is murder.
It sounds like your friends were fairly lucky.

"According to studies between 2003 and 2005, 20 to 35 percent of babies born at 23 weeks of gestation survive, while 50 to 70 percent of babies born at 24 to 25 weeks, and more than 90 percent born at 26 to 27 weeks, survive."

I just don't see it as murder when fetus has not developed enough to survive on it's own. Based on those numbers, abortions at 24 weeks are pretty sad but I don't think the amount of abortions at that stage make up a significant portion of all abortions. A lot of states in the US have a 20 week limit and I think that's fair.

Also: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss5212a1.htm

"Fifty-eight percent of all abortions for which gestational age was reported were performed at <8 weeks of gestation, and 88% were performed before 13 weeks."
"Few abortions were performed after 15 weeks of gestation; 4.3% were obtained at 16--20 weeks and 1.4% were obtained at >21 weeks."

Last edited by zombies; 04-23-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:47 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

"If I'm dead, do I still have a mind?"

Previous Username: ashbee
My Mood: Inspired
Mentioned: 563 Post(s)
Tagged: 106 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3841 Post(s)
ocean_crumbles has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Forum Colour Wars Blog Contests 30 Day Forum Challenge Winner Congeniality  Award 
Total Awards: 37

Quote:
If I kill someone outside of the womb, I'm a murderer.
If I kill someone who is inside the womb and cannot defend themselves, it's suddenly my decision and should be respected.

Errrmmmmm, no. It's murder. That is a living thing.
its not living until it takes its first breath actually. until then its just in the womb being there.

Please be aware that I no longer play the game. I check the forums every now and then out of habit so if you see me around feel free to message

Old 04-23-2012, 10:36 PM
Emerald Empress User
Points: 4,887, Level: 29 Points: 4,887, Level: 29 Points: 4,887, Level: 29
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Last Achievements

"Dead."

My Mood: Bored
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
parino_esquilado is little miss popularparino_esquilado is little miss popularparino_esquilado is little miss popularparino_esquilado is little miss popularparino_esquilado is little miss popularparino_esquilado is little miss popularparino_esquilado is little miss popularparino_esquilado is little miss popular

Quote:
I'm sure the twins born at 20 weeks were put under intensive care, which, had they not been placed under would not have 'survived'. In which case they were still incapable of truly surviving outside the womb.

Also the word 'murder' is indicative of malicious intent. I doubt you get many women cackling as they terminate their pregnancies to be honest.

8 members like this post.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Almost Famous
Points: 64,105, Level: 100 Points: 64,105, Level: 100 Points: 64,105, Level: 100
Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3%
Last Achievements

"Worrying is the most destructive habit."

Previous Username: pinkdaisy
My Mood: Cheerful
Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Tagged: 24 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
jamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
30 Day Forum Challenge Winner July Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

If you KNOW you can't take care of a child that is not yet a child, why keep it and make it suffer through something that would never be a good life anyway? Here, it's legal as long as it's under 10 weeks old. After that, you must keep it. And I like that rule, because then it has not yet formed. After that it's turning into what is beginning to look like a human. That's when I would consider it murder.
Also, if you've been raped, you're not going to want to live with the end result of that for 9 months, plus some. That's extra punishment on top of something you already are going to have a hard time dealing with.

I don't like hearing about people getting them, but sometimes it's for the best.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:18 PM
Almost Famous
Points: 64,105, Level: 100 Points: 64,105, Level: 100 Points: 64,105, Level: 100
Last Achievements

jamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrityjamiekinsxo is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean_crumbles View Post
its not living until it takes its first breath actually. until then its just in the womb being there.
Actually, the babys heart is beating. At all times. Therefore, the baby is living.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase
Forum Colour Wars Blog Contests 30 Day Forum Challenge Winner Congeniality  Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiekinsxo View Post
Actually, the babys heart is beating. At all times. Therefore, the baby is living.
Scientifically and medically, until the baby takes it's first breath, it's not alive yet.

Please be aware that I no longer play the game. I check the forums every now and then out of habit so if you see me around feel free to message

Old 04-24-2012, 09:31 PM
Almost Famous
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase

Personally, I think heartbeat is more of a sign of life.. ha.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiekinsxo View Post
Personally, I think heartbeat is more of a sign of life.. ha.
I don't really think that means anything. it just means it's developing. but that doesnt necessarily mean it could survive yet.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:13 PM
cat connoisseur
Points: 291,322, Level: 100 Points: 291,322, Level: 100 Points: 291,322, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
zombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean_crumbles View Post
Scientifically and medically, until the baby takes it's first breath, it's not alive yet.
What? Scientifically it's living upon conception. Not really sure about medically, but it's viable long before it takes it's first breath and I think that's what counts.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:20 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombies View Post
What? Scientifically it's living upon conception. Not really sure about medically, but it's viable long before it takes it's first breath and I think that's what counts.
I might be getting something mixed up but from what I have heard until the child takes it's first breath, it can not be alive. I mean there is a limit of how many weeks is considered to not be able to survive. I get that. I am just saying that abortion is okay on certain cases.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Emerald Empress User
Points: 146,092, Level: 100 Points: 146,092, Level: 100 Points: 146,092, Level: 100
Activity: 11.5% Activity: 11.5% Activity: 11.5%
Last Achievements

"~Why do the heathen rage?~"

My Mood: Fine
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 69 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
draguta is a mini celebritydraguta is a mini celebritydraguta is a mini celebritydraguta is a mini celebritydraguta is a mini celebritydraguta is a mini celebritydraguta is a mini celebritydraguta is a mini celebritydraguta is a mini celebritydraguta is a mini celebritydraguta is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
30 Day Forum Challenge 2013 Popular Blogger Award Best Blog Post Best Blog Post 
Total Awards: 10

~With regards to the arguments about whether abortion is killing and if the fetus is actually living or not, I just wanted to bring this up. I've posted quotes from two well known pro-abortion advocates who say that it is killing below:

"Clinging to a rhetoric about abortion in which there is no life and no death, we entangle our beliefs in a series of self-delusions, fibs and evasions...we need to contextualize the fight to defend abortion rights within a moral framework that admits that the death of a fetus is a real death."
-Naomi Wolf

"I think we have deluded ourselves into believing that people don't know that abortion is killing. So any pretense that abortion is not killing is a signal of our ambivalence, a signal that we cannot say yes, it kills a fetus."
-Faye Wattleton

What you think of me is none of my business"

"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is". -Winston Churchill

Old 04-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Mrs Dean Winchester
Points: 30,189, Level: 76 Points: 30,189, Level: 76 Points: 30,189, Level: 76
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Last Achievements

kirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebrity

This is a fetus at 24 weeks:

Quote:
Your baby now weighs more than 600g. She is starting to fill the space in your uterus (womb). From crown to heel she could measure 30cm. Though your baby still has little body fat and her skin is thin and fragile, she's well-proportioned. Her brain is growing rapidly, tastebuds have fully developed, and her footprints and fingerprints are continuing to form. Inside her body, her lungs are developing branches of the respiratory tree as well as cells that produce surfactant. This substance will help her air sacs inflate once she reaches the outside world.
So the fetus is developed enough to have tastebuds, footprints and fingerprints ...and the brain is rapidly growing. Yet a woman is allowed to legally end this life?

Old 04-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Aspiring Diva
Points: 92,254, Level: 100 Points: 92,254, Level: 100 Points: 92,254, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Previous Username: sheepneedlove
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
hipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrity

I think 6 months is way too late to have an abortion.
I mean, unless you had no idea you were pregnant, why would you keep the baby that long and then decide you don't want it?

I also feel sorry for the Dads who don't get a say.

That being said, I still think it should be legal up to an early stage.

I can be a bit hypocritical on this subject, though. For example, I don't consider abortion murder, but if a man beat his pregnant wife causing her to miscarry I think he should be done for murder. I see the two as being very different, but I'm not sure why. I mean the only difference is that in one scenario the woman had a choice in the matter. A big difference, obvz, but the same outcome. It just makes me think.

I still feel that if you don't want to have a baby/carry it to full term then you shouldn't have to, especially if it wasn't planned and you used protection etc. or you were raped.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:56 PM
Mrs Dean Winchester
Last Achievements

24 weeks is legal though and I think that's disgusting.
I don't agree with abortion at all, no matter what caused the pregnancy.
There are many people out there who desperately want kids but can't....

Old 04-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Aspiring Diva
Points: 92,254, Level: 100 Points: 92,254, Level: 100 Points: 92,254, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Previous Username: sheepneedlove
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
hipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrity

Quote:
24 weeks is legal though and I think that's disgusting.
I don't agree with abortion at all, no matter what caused the pregnancy.
There are many people out there who desperately want kids but can't....
Forcing everyone else to keep their unwanted children won't change that. It's not as if children's homes are completely empty because of all the people adopting them.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Mrs Dean Winchester
Last Achievements

I don't mean they should be forced to raise it once born, I just mean it could be given to a loving family. Children's homes being full doesn't mean a child should be killed because it's an "inconvenience" ...it didn't ask to be created.`

Old 04-25-2012, 03:47 PM
cat connoisseur
Last Achievements

Quote:
I don't mean they should be forced to raise it once born, I just mean it could be given to a loving family. Children's homes being full doesn't mean a child should be killed because it's an "inconvenience" ...it didn't ask to be created.`
Her point is that there are already too many unwanted children in the world. People say that you can just put it up for adoption and give it to a loving family like it's so easy, but if that were the case there wouldn't be any children without homes right now. These families so desperate for children are actually pretty picky, but there are also just legal issues that make it so difficult. We already have population issues as it is... making abortion illegal would hurt us all that much faster.

Anyway, I can understand why you're against abortion at 24 weeks. But I don't think it's fair to be against abortion entirely just because it's legal at 24 weeks, when so few abortions (1%) are actually performed that late.

Also, as far as the scenario hipster mentioned goes... I feel the same way. But I think it has to do with the fact that the woman intended to keep the baby, so it had the potential to be a child whereas in abortion it never had that potential once she decided on it. That seems so obvious lol, but that's how I justify it.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase

Quote:
there are a lot of unwanted children in foster homes because of overpopulation. there is already enough humans on this Earth. and there are hardly enough people out there willing and able to adopt children. The likelyhood of every child that is put for adoption actually being adopted is slim nowadays. More than likely, they'll be stuck living in a group home or something of that sort.

and I am adopted. So I know a bit about this subject...yeah

Old 04-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Mrs Dean Winchester
Last Achievements

I don't recall ever mentioning putting them in a home, so please quote me as to where I said that.
What I said was there are people who want a child but can't, meaning some people prefer to have babies from birth. Sort of like a surrogate...