Mentioned: 260 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
-maria- has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Holiday Sig/Avi Contest Summer Spectacular 2011 
Total Awards: 2

Default ABORTIONS

what do u think about abortions are they legal where u live at?

are u for it, against it, or just dont care??

it is legal here in texas, but I am totally against it!! i think if u are old enough to think about and have sex, then u are old enough to know the consequenses and to know the risks of having unprotected sex, they have tv adds for that, they teach u in school and some parents talk to their kids about it, i think killing a lil person for someone's inresponsability is wrong, in some cases the girls get raped and out of that rape they end up preggo, well im sorry, but u can give it up for adoption, here in tx, u can even drop them off at firestations and u get no questions asked there are thousands of families that cant have babys and that are wishing for that little person..

Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !

You were given this life, because you are strong enough to live it

3 members like this post.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Posting Princess
Points: 37,509, Level: 85 Points: 37,509, Level: 85 Points: 37,509, Level: 85
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%
Last Achievements

My Mood: Angelic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
thelogicoflove is a mini celebritythelogicoflove is a mini celebritythelogicoflove is a mini celebritythelogicoflove is a mini celebritythelogicoflove is a mini celebritythelogicoflove is a mini celebritythelogicoflove is a mini celebritythelogicoflove is a mini celebritythelogicoflove is a mini celebritythelogicoflove is a mini celebritythelogicoflove is a mini celebrity

I disagree with you. Abortion isn't 'killing a little person', as you called it. And adoption isn't always an option. There are already so many children without homes.

1 members like this post.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Aspiring Diva
Points: 92,254, Level: 100 Points: 92,254, Level: 100 Points: 92,254, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Previous Username: sheepneedlove
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
hipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrityhipsterusername is a mini celebrity

In this technologically advanced and biologically enlightened age we're lucky enough to live in, we no longer need to treat pregnancy as a consequence of sex. They don't have to be related anymore. Sure, traditionally if you want to have a kid you have sex. That doesn't mean people always see one as being connected with the other. Not anymore, at least. Back in the day there were so many unplanned and unwanted pregnancies because even basic contraception wasn't legal.

To be honest, in the very early stages of pregnancy I see an abortion as being no different than a sort of reverse-conception type of contraception.
If a couple know they don't want a child and are extremely cautious whenever they have sex, but fall pregnant anyway, they should be allowed to choose to remain childless. I don't believe fetuses have rights before a certain point in the pregnancy. Why why why do people think it's okay to defend the rights of a clump of cells by relinquishing the rights of the pregnant woman? People say 'The child didn't ask to be conceived!' - it's not a child yet. I'm not saying we should go to town on abortions cause they're great fun or anything like that, it's just I think the living parents should have the final decision. Imagine if the government put in a plan that meant every time someone had unprotected sex, or a condom ripped or whatever, they were given a child from an adoption agency that they had to keep. It's essentially the same thing.

All that being said, I only think abortion should be legal up until a certain (early) point in pregnancy. I don't think life begins at conception. I'll have to read up on the stages of pregnancy again to refresh my memory before telling you the point I think abortions should be stopped it.

Abortion is illegal where I live.

Personally, I'm not sure if I would be able to go through with a proper abortion. I would take an abortion pill in the early stages, though. I wouldn't treat the situation lightly. Either way, my personal opinions on what I would do in that situation should not effect the rights of others.

12 members like this post.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:10 PM
cat connoisseur
Points: 291,322, Level: 100 Points: 291,322, Level: 100 Points: 291,322, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Previous Username: unicornrobot
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
zombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrity

I don't think people should be punished for being irresponsible (or for being raped, or for being responsible and still ending up pregnant because nothing is always 100% foolproof) by having to go through 9 months of carrying a baby, as well as facing the medical fees and stress of the adoption process. That aside, hipster has said everything much more eloquently than I would have

Old 04-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Current Status: Human
Points: 188,546, Level: 100 Points: 188,546, Level: 100 Points: 188,546, Level: 100
Last Achievements

"Art is born of humiliation."

Previous Username: cynicallyamused
My Mood: Sneaky
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
aftertheflood is a mini celebrityaftertheflood is a mini celebrityaftertheflood is a mini celebrityaftertheflood is a mini celebrityaftertheflood is a mini celebrityaftertheflood is a mini celebrityaftertheflood is a mini celebrityaftertheflood is a mini celebrityaftertheflood is a mini celebrityaftertheflood is a mini celebrityaftertheflood is a mini celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombies View Post
I don't think people should be punished for being irresponsible (or for being raped, or for being responsible and still ending up pregnant because nothing is always 100% foolproof) by having to go through 9 months of carrying a baby, as well as facing the medical fees and stress of the adoption process. That aside, hipster has said everything much more eloquently than I would have
Yeah, I always hated the idea of punishment anyway. Because who are we really hurting here? Why anyone would want to use a child as form of punishment is beyond me.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Rising Star
Points: 18,508, Level: 59 Points: 18,508, Level: 59 Points: 18,508, Level: 59
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Last Achievements

Previous Username: xstarstrukk
My Mood: Happy
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bumblebee- has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
June Forum Profile Decorating Contest Third Place: Forum Profile Decorating Contest First Place: Forum Profile Decorating Contest Summer Spectacular 2011 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipsterusername View Post
All that being said, I only think abortion should be legal up until a certain (early) point in pregnancy. I don't think life begins at conception. I'll have to read up on the stages of pregnancy again to refresh my memory before telling you the point I think abortions should be stopped it.
Agree with this. I don't believe at all that you can consider a small group of cells a human being. So therefore, it's not murder.

Also, a woman has the right to do what she wants with her body. People shouldn't control that decision and force a woman to do something she doesn't want to.

i'm still learning to love. just starting to crawl. ♥

Old 04-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Emerald Empress User
Points: 155,039, Level: 100 Points: 155,039, Level: 100 Points: 155,039, Level: 100
Last Achievements

"Actually, I prefer alpacas"

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 25 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
LladyLlama is a mini celebrityLladyLlama is a mini celebrityLladyLlama is a mini celebrityLladyLlama is a mini celebrityLladyLlama is a mini celebrityLladyLlama is a mini celebrityLladyLlama is a mini celebrityLladyLlama is a mini celebrityLladyLlama is a mini celebrityLladyLlama is a mini celebrityLladyLlama is a mini celebrity

I don't see the problem with abortion, as long as it isn't being used as a method of contraception UNLESS condoms, implants, etc have been used and didn't work.
If a woman, who was raped, fell pregnant and did not want the child, then I think she should have the choice whether to keep it or not. Yes, adoption is another option, but like Zombies said, everything that the mother goes through for the child just to give it away at the end of it seems like a lot of fuss.
Also, if you didn't agree with abortion, what if the unborn child was somehow risk to the mother's life? Would you still not allow the mother to have an abortion, even if her life was at risk?

Old 04-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Addicted to DC
Points: 439,191, Level: 100 Points: 439,191, Level: 100 Points: 439,191, Level: 100
Last Achievements

"When you've all but given up, float back to me."

My Mood: Amused
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
cottoncandy813 is a mini celebritycottoncandy813 is a mini celebritycottoncandy813 is a mini celebritycottoncandy813 is a mini celebritycottoncandy813 is a mini celebritycottoncandy813 is a mini celebritycottoncandy813 is a mini celebritycottoncandy813 is a mini celebritycottoncandy813 is a mini celebritycottoncandy813 is a mini celebritycottoncandy813 is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Staff Member of the Month Staff Color Games 
Total Awards: 2

I think it's a touchy subject. I think abortion is a horrible thing because you are essentially denying something life, but I don't think it should be illegal. I don't think the government has any right to control a woman's body. It's the woman (or the couple's) decision alone and no one else has any control over that.

sneezed on the beat and the beat got sicker

Old 04-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Girls Love Beyonce
Points: 233,968, Level: 100 Points: 233,968, Level: 100 Points: 233,968, Level: 100
Last Achievements

"I think I found god, in the flash bulbs of your pretty cameras~"

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
haalee is a mini celebrityhaalee is a mini celebrityhaalee is a mini celebrityhaalee is a mini celebrityhaalee is a mini celebrityhaalee is a mini celebrityhaalee is a mini celebrityhaalee is a mini celebrityhaalee is a mini celebrityhaalee is a mini celebrityhaalee is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Holiday Forum Awards 30 Day Forum Challenge 2013 Best Blog Post Holiday Forum Member Awards 
Total Awards: 4

I don't think it should be made illegal, everyone should have the right to decide what happens to their bodies, and no one should be forced to go through child birth if they don't want to, no matter what their particular situation is.

That being said, I don't think people should abuse abortion and put contraception to the side because abortion is there 'just in case'. Although I doubt that happens too often anyway.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Emerald Empress User
Points: 112,248, Level: 100 Points: 112,248, Level: 100 Points: 112,248, Level: 100
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Last Achievements

"Not all those who wander are lost."

Previous Username: riceydicey
My Mood: Mellow
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
amortentia is a mini celebrityamortentia is a mini celebrityamortentia is a mini celebrityamortentia is a mini celebrityamortentia is a mini celebrityamortentia is a mini celebrityamortentia is a mini celebrityamortentia is a mini celebrityamortentia is a mini celebrityamortentia is a mini celebrityamortentia is a mini celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by -maria- View Post
what do u think about abortions are they legal where u live at?

are u for it, against it, or just dont care??

it is legal here in texas, but I am totally against it!! i think if u are old enough to think about and have sex, then u are old enough to know the consequenses and to know the risks of having unprotected sex, they have tv adds for that, they teach u in school and some parents talk to their kids about it, i think killing a lil person for someone's inresponsability is wrong, in some cases the girls get raped and out of that rape they end up preggo, well im sorry, but u can give it up for adoption, here in tx, u can even drop them off at firestations and u get no questions asked there are thousands of families that cant have babys and that are wishing for that little person..
Condoms can break, and birth control/Plan B can fail. They don't have a 100% guarantee that they'll prevent pregnancy.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:56 AM
Posting Princess
Points: 37,509, Level: 85 Points: 37,509, Level: 85 Points: 37,509, Level: 85
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%
Last Achievements

My Mood: Angelic
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
thelogicoflove is a mini celebritythelogicoflove is a mini celebritythelogicoflove is a mini celebritythelogicoflove is a mini celebritythelogicoflove is a mini celebritythelogicoflove is a mini celebritythelogicoflove is a mini celebritythelogicoflove is a mini celebritythelogicoflove is a mini celebritythelogicoflove is a mini celebritythelogicoflove is a mini celebrity

I honestly cannot believe that anyone would expect a woman who has been raped to carry the product of her molestation for nine months, then put it up for adoption with no trouble afterward. Even for someone who is pregnant due to consensual sex, that's difficult.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:46 PM
Emerald Empress User
Points: 146,092, Level: 100 Points: 146,092, Level: 100 Points: 146,092, Level: 100
Activity: 11.5% Activity: 11.5% Activity: 11.5%
Last Achievements

"~Why do the heathen rage?~"

My Mood: Fine
Tagged: 69 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
draguta is a mini celebritydraguta is a mini celebritydraguta is a mini celebritydraguta is a mini celebritydraguta is a mini celebritydraguta is a mini celebritydraguta is a mini celebritydraguta is a mini celebritydraguta is a mini celebritydraguta is a mini celebritydraguta is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
30 Day Forum Challenge 2013 Popular Blogger Award Best Blog Post Best Blog Post 
Total Awards: 10

Smile

~So, if this is too off topic forgive me, but having to do with Roe vs. Wade, did you know that years later Jane Roe claimed that she had been coerced & persueded to lie about being raped in order to obtain an abortion instead of giving the real reason that she already had so many pregnancies and could afford anymore, etc.? What do y'all think about all that, those of you who do think about it, that is, lol? ~TIA!~

What you think of me is none of my business"

"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is". -Winston Churchill

Old 04-15-2012, 04:38 AM
Emerald Empress User
Points: 4,887, Level: 29 Points: 4,887, Level: 29 Points: 4,887, Level: 29
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Last Achievements

"Dead."

My Mood: Bored
parino_esquilado is little miss popularparino_esquilado is little miss popularparino_esquilado is little miss popularparino_esquilado is little miss popularparino_esquilado is little miss popularparino_esquilado is little miss popularparino_esquilado is little miss popularparino_esquilado is little miss popular

@OP

If a child is nothing more than a 'consequence' of unprotected sex, then the child will hardly be loved as one would probably hope.

I really disagree with the argument that people are 'aware of the consequences' and should therefore bear the responsibilities of unprotected sex; it puts the child in a position whereby they are nothing more than the result of their parents' failure to use contraception, or the contraception failing to work.

The whole 'lots of families can't have children but would love to have children' argument is really flawed. Adoption is a lengthy process. It's not like buying food from a grocery store; you can't just say I'll have that one. Children can lose a significant proportion of their early years without parents if put up for adoption, which can be detrimental to the child's socialisation and self-identification etc.

The 'viability' of a blastocyst, foetus or an embryo is another weak argument. These are nothing more than a cluster of cells, unable to function without intensive support, normally maternally provided. It's not nice to say, but they are to an extent parasitic beings living off a host that is normally their mother, or a surrogate. These clusters of cells are no more significant than the skin cells that I exfoliate off each day; they are potentially living cells, but I decide to kill them - it's hardly abortion, is it?

4 members like this post.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:23 PM
Baby Diva
Points: 89, Level: 1 Points: 89, Level: 1 Points: 89, Level: 1
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

My Mood: Cool
moriarty has disabled reputation

abortion should be legal, end of discussion. abortion is a personal choice that is made between a woman, her doctor, and her family. nobody else is involved. if you personally don't like the idea of abortion, that's your business, but you do not have any place to deny another woman the right to her body.

"oh well they know the consequences of sex so they have to deal with it" okay, so if someone gets lung cancer from smoking then we should deny them chemotherapy. they knew the risks before they started smoking! and if someone gets into a car accident, they knew the risk they were taking before getting behind the wheel, let's not give them hospital treatment!
that argument in itself is uneducated because that's saying that condoms and pills are 100% effective - they aren't. i know someone who got pregnant even with a condom AND birth control pills. there's always going to be the chance that it fails.
and either way, sex is not a bad thing, sex is not only for reproduction. people can have sex for fun. it's okay.

you might remember me as saya

9 members like this post.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

"If I'm dead, do I still have a mind?"

Previous Username: ashbee
My Mood: Inspired
Mentioned: 563 Post(s)
Tagged: 106 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3841 Post(s)
ocean_crumbles has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Forum Colour Wars Blog Contests 30 Day Forum Challenge Winner Congeniality  Award 
Total Awards: 37

It should be legal. It's the woman's choice! No one should let their beliefs interfere with the rights of others!

Please be aware that I no longer play the game. I check the forums every now and then out of habit so if you see me around feel free to message

Old 04-23-2012, 01:31 PM
Mrs Dean Winchester
Points: 30,189, Level: 76 Points: 30,189, Level: 76 Points: 30,189, Level: 76
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Last Achievements

"12th May 2013 - My daughter was born ♥"

Previous Username: fragile-heart
My Mood: Yeehaw
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
kirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebrity

The abortion limit in the UK is 24 weeks.
My friend and her twin were born at 20 weeks, they are now 20 years old and very healthy, no health problems at all. So, in my eyes abortion is murder. If they were born that early and survived, why should it be legal to abort at that stage? No thanks.

Pro-life.

4 members like this post.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Household Name
Points: 8,114, Level: 38 Points: 8,114, Level: 38 Points: 8,114, Level: 38
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Last Achievements

"my brother and my sister don't speak to me, but i don't blame them"

Previous Username: lalalalala
My Mood: Twisted
blur is a mini celebrityblur is a mini celebrityblur is a mini celebrityblur is a mini celebrityblur is a mini celebrityblur is a mini celebrityblur is a mini celebrityblur is a mini celebrityblur is a mini celebrityblur is a mini celebrityblur is a mini celebrity

if you don't like abortions, don't get one.
it's not your body. people can do whatever they want with their bodies, that should be a right granted to them.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Mrs Dean Winchester
Points: 30,189, Level: 76 Points: 30,189, Level: 76 Points: 30,189, Level: 76
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Last Achievements

"12th May 2013 - My daughter was born ♥"

Previous Username: fragile-heart
My Mood: Yeehaw
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
kirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebritykirsty_lj is a mini celebrity

If I kill someone outside of the womb, I'm a murderer.
If I kill someone who is inside the womb and cannot defend themselves, it's suddenly my decision and should be respected.

Errrmmmmm, no. It's murder. That is a living thing.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Prom Queen
Points: 43,930, Level: 92 Points: 43,930, Level: 92 Points: 43,930, Level: 92
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Last Achievements

My Mood: Happy
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
definingd11 has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
30 Day Forum Challenge 2013 2nd place Valentines in a Flash Decorate a Cake Summer Spectacular 2011 
Total Awards: 3

I feel like it is the mothers choice. I dont believe if you get an abortion you are a murderer. Its so easy to sit there and point fingers, until you are in the position.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:13 PM
cat connoisseur
Points: 291,322, Level: 100 Points: 291,322, Level: 100 Points: 291,322, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Previous Username: unicornrobot
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
zombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrityzombies is a mini celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsty_lj View Post
If I kill someone outside of the womb, I'm a murderer.
If I kill someone who is inside the womb and cannot defend themselves, it's suddenly my decision and should be respected.

Errrmmmmm, no. It's murder. That is a living thing.
Most abortions don't occur at a point where the fetus could survive outside the womb. Those that do are usually for medical purposes. I don't think abortion should even be questioned until it gets to a point where there's a high chance of survival for the fetus outside of the womb. Up until that point there's nothing immoral with it in my eyes.