Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Voice of the Community > Feedback & Opinions > Negative Feedback & Critiques
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

User Tag List

Old 08-09-2018, 06:57 PM
Emerald Empress User
Points: 2,012, Level: 18 Points: 2,012, Level: 18 Points: 2,012, Level: 18
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Activity: 23.4% Activity: 23.4% Activity: 23.4%
Last Achievements

My Mood: Devilish
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
malevolent_dreamer has disabled reputation
Default Repeated Outfits ★

At the risk of being hated for this post...

Is there a way to limit how often someone can enter with the same outfit? Or could there be a way to block a persons battles so I do not have to see the same outfit constantly?

I understand if that outfit is doing well and winning battles, but at some point try something else. I took a break from this game for a couple of years because voting became mindless and it was the same people every single time, in the exact same outfit. I found myself just randomly clicking and no longer actually voting for who I liked more. That is not fair. Here I am back again, and I am not exaggerating...I am seeing the SAME outfits from years ago. I know this, because those outfits are etched in my memory due to how often they are used.

I like seeing creativity, and how people can piece together interesting things. Encourages me to CYO and makes me want to refer people to divachix.

Please, is there some way to limit the same outfits? I have the urge to vote against them every time now because I want them to lose in hopes I see them in something different.

Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !

Old 08-09-2018, 08:37 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

"If I'm dead, do I still have a mind?"

Previous Username: ashbee
My Mood: Inspired
Mentioned: 563 Post(s)
Tagged: 106 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3841 Post(s)
ocean_crumbles has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Forum Colour Wars Blog Contests 30 Day Forum Challenge Winner Congeniality  Award 
Total Awards: 37

Vote against them then. We cant stop people from doing what they want.

Please be aware that I no longer play the game. I check the forums every now and then out of habit so if you see me around feel free to message

Old 08-09-2018, 09:25 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

If that's the advice that you're giving to people, then I guess voting doesn't matter at all anymore. I know I'm not the only one that doesn't like seeing the same outfits, so if others are just randomly clicking to get moolah, tickets and coins based on this advice. Guess battling and honest voting lost all meaning a long time ago.

Old 08-10-2018, 04:03 AM
Prom Queen
Points: 237,453, Level: 100 Points: 237,453, Level: 100 Points: 237,453, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6% Activity: 99.6%
Last Achievements

"Too many things..."

Previous Username: jenlovesdolls
My Mood: Tired
Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 54 Thread(s)
Quoted: 518 Post(s)
sobriquet has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Anniversary Forum Awards 2018 3rd Place New Year's in New York 31 Tasks Completed: DC Haunted Adventures All Tasks Completed DC Adventures 
Total Awards: 4

Some people never change, it is annoying, but who knows what their reason is for entering battles in the same outfits forever.

I know some stay in them weeks because they may not have the funds to buy what they want, battles do cost money to enter, and they aren't voting to build up funds, but still the ones in the same outfits for months on end I just don't get it...maybe they just aren't interested in the game, and just enter for whatever points they get out of it, I don't know. I have often wondered if the site has "drone dolls" that they just use to enter and make more events...I could be way off, but who knows.

I don't vote against them, but I do understand wanting to in hopes they will change their outfit. I get bored of voting, and just zone out most of the time when voting. Everyone pretty much accuses everyone of cheating if they don't win every battle all the time anyway, so really what IS the point? I feel like things have stagnated, and that the people who have been here forever would be in an uproar if anything changes so things just go on. People get bored and leave, they come back...I have done it many many times myself.

I enjoy dressing my doll, that is the bottom line for me. I enter events and vote because I am in a guild, and they get points for any activity that I do. If I weren't in a guild I wouldn't even bother with events at all. I like rating albums, but again you aren't "allowed" to vote you honest opinion because you are a mean person and a cheater if you don't LOVE every doll and applaud the effort of the persons creativity by voting it any less than a 5 star...I see so many offended people complaining on here over rates and votes I feel like I am in preschool sometimes.

But I digress. It isn't going to change, unfortunately.

2 members like this post.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:30 PM
Community Administrator
Guild Administrator
Points: 206,252, Level: 100 Points: 206,252, Level: 100 Points: 206,252, Level: 100
Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9%
Last Achievements

"R.I.P. Mom♥ 11/1/1943 - 12/25/2011 I love and miss you everyday!"

Previous Username: sexielexie
My Mood: Happy
Mentioned: 3044 Post(s)
Tagged: 129 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2497 Post(s)
anne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Prom 2018 Forum Awards Forum Profile Decorating Contest Forum Profile Decorating Contest Forum Profile Decorating Contest 
Total Awards: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet View Post
I enjoy dressing my doll, that is the bottom line for me. I enter events and vote because I am in a guild, and they get points for any activity that I do. If I weren't in a guild I wouldn't even bother with events at all. I like rating albums, but again you aren't "allowed" to vote you honest opinion because you are a mean person and a cheater if you don't LOVE every doll and applaud the effort of the persons creativity by voting it any less than a 5 star...I see so many offended people complaining on here over rates and votes I feel like I am in preschool sometimes.

But I digress. It isn't going to change, unfortunately.

I agree with voting fairly. I do on occasion vote not or rate a 4 on album diva if I don't like something about her. But there is nothing wrong with that. I still get complaints if I rate a 4, why? I have no idea, it's still a good rate!

I will wear the same outfit 3 weeks in a row if my battle stats are doing well and there is nothing wrong with that. I will change though if my battle stats go down to 50% or less.

Old 08-10-2018, 04:12 PM
Prom Queen
Points: 237,453, Level: 100 Points: 237,453, Level: 100 Points: 237,453, Level: 100
Last Achievements

"Too many things..."

Awards Showcase
Anniversary Forum Awards 2018 3rd Place New Year's in New York 31 Tasks Completed: DC Haunted Adventures All Tasks Completed DC Adventures 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne-marie View Post
I agree with voting fairly. I do on occasion vote not or rate a 4 on album diva if I don't like something about her. But there is nothing wrong with that. I still get complaints if I rate a 4, why? I have no idea, it's still a good rate!

I will wear the same outfit 3 weeks in a row if my battle stats are doing well and there is nothing wrong with that. I will change though if my battle stats go down to 50% or less.
I don't get it either, I don't care if I get all 1's...the whole point of having a rating system is to vote YOUR opinion, but people get outrageously angry if you vote them less than 5. I figure you get points either way, some style is better than no style right?!

I change a lot most of the time, but there are times I just get lazy and stay in the same thing. Nope, there is nothing wrong with it at all. I do regret changing when my doll is doing amazing in battles, but meh, I don't really care much about stats, so when I want to change I change.

I do miss the days where people could vote honestly and not have people cry and complain about it. This is a game after all, but I feel there is no competition to it anymore. I have never seen so many grown people get so upset over a virtual doll. I don't see how voting everything perfect is not also a form of "cheating" as they like to accuse...we aren't allowed to have our own tastes when voting, and they just want everyone to vote for them...but what about the other person that also feels we should vote for only them...it is a no win situation so no matter how you slice it everyone is a cheater and mean lol

1 members like this post.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:29 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase
Forum Colour Wars Blog Contests 30 Day Forum Challenge Winner Congeniality  Award 

Honestly at the end of the day.... It's just a game. With no real prizes. Vote how you want. People will always do things we dont like... If you dont like their outfit cause you're tired of it, vote against it, or refuse to vote on their event.

Please be aware that I no longer play the game. I check the forums every now and then out of habit so if you see me around feel free to message

Old 08-11-2018, 04:13 AM
Prom Queen
Last Achievements

"Too many things..."

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean_crumbles View Post
Honestly at the end of the day.... It's just a game. With no real prizes. Vote how you want. People will always do things we dont like... If you dont like their outfit cause you're tired of it, vote against it, or refuse to vote on their event.
We don't have a skip button anymore, or I would! I do the refresh but there are only so many times I will refresh before I get tired of it.

I do vote how I want, well other than there are plenty of NOTS I would love to give, and ones I would love to vote in GOC and albums, but don't. I do give NOTS when I really really REALLY don't like the outfit, but that is few and far between. And in GOC I do give a 1 or 2 if I really feel it doesn't follow the theme or I just really don't like the doll, but I give up if I start to feel I don't like any of them because I don't need any warnings for voting badly. It isn't worth it to me.

The "game" aspect is a joke to me, it really isn't a game, it is just a popularity contest for the most part (IMO) and if I didn't like putting dolls together as much as I do, I wouldn't even bother.
That is one reason I don't really care if people like my dolls or not, or vote them NOTS, or give me 1's, because I don't dress to please anyone but myself.
When I get bored, I take a leave from the game until I feel like dressing up again.

Last edited by sobriquet; 08-11-2018 at 04:16 AM.

Old 08-11-2018, 09:21 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

If an outfit is getting good stats I can understand wanting to keep it around. However, some of these outfits I'm seeing from a year or two ago. One in particular really sticks in my mind. I feel like that's a bit much.

But winning is inconsistent. I remember when you'd battle the person you lost against the first couple times...You'd continue to lose because voting was honest. I honestly do not like majority of the dolls or outfits anymore. If the face or hair is off, to me it ruins the rest of the outfit. I vot not, majority of the time now.

I love the CYO but I kind of miss how things use to be. I keep coming back to this game because there is no other fashion game like it, even at this games worst (I see it heading worse) it still has aspects I prefer even though there is not much honesty to it anymore.

It would just be nice for the skip button to come back, or for a way to hide other players from seeing their submissions. I don't like seeing repeated outfits especially if I consider them very ugly. Some are gorgeous and I don't mind seeing them again, others...just no. Starts to hurt my eyes from rolling them so much.

Old 08-11-2018, 10:14 PM
CareBear
Points: 67,905, Level: 100 Points: 67,905, Level: 100 Points: 67,905, Level: 100
Activity: 99.8% Activity: 99.8% Activity: 99.8%
Last Achievements

"Laugh as if you'll die tomorrow.:)"

Previous Username: kara34
My Mood: Angelic
Mentioned: 1028 Post(s)
Tagged: 82 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1859 Post(s)
beauty_chic has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Forum Profile Decorating Contest Forum Profile Decorating Contest 2015 March Madness Superstar Life of the Party Anniversary 2014 
Total Awards: 5

I don't wear the same outfit most of the time because of the honest reason,that i love putting new outfits on everyday. But,there's times i will wear an outfit more than one day in a row,and that's when my battle stats are really high and doing well.When i first got on here,after being gone a year,i noticed alot of dolls hardly changed their outfits, I wondered why,Seriously. But i also noticed some shops weren't making clothing anymore and that's probably one of the reasons why certain dolls never changed. Everybody has their own unique style and it doesn't bother me at all,people wearing clothes from a year ago or more. I think some of those outfits are still stylish, As sometimes i wear certain ones,because i like them. But,these days,i noticed,too,more people are changing more often and wearing different fashion,which i love.

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Old 08-12-2018, 03:35 AM
Prom Queen
Last Achievements

"Too many things..."

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by malevolent_dreamer View Post
If an outfit is getting good stats I can understand wanting to keep it around. However, some of these outfits I'm seeing from a year or two ago. One in particular really sticks in my mind. I feel like that's a bit much.

But winning is inconsistent. I remember when you'd battle the person you lost against the first couple times...You'd continue to lose because voting was honest. I honestly do not like majority of the dolls or outfits anymore. If the face or hair is off, to me it ruins the rest of the outfit. I vot not, majority of the time now.

I love the CYO but I kind of miss how things use to be. I keep coming back to this game because there is no other fashion game like it, even at this games worst (I see it heading worse) it still has aspects I prefer even though there is not much honesty to it anymore.

It would just be nice for the skip button to come back, or for a way to hide other players from seeing their submissions. I don't like seeing repeated outfits especially if I consider them very ugly. Some are gorgeous and I don't mind seeing them again, others...just no. Starts to hurt my eyes from rolling them so much.
I know, the ones that I see over and over FOREVER bore me to tears. I like variety, but most of the dolls I see are just ok, and every now and then a few will WOW me...I miss the days of a lot of outfits wowing me. Now it seems some are just doing the same old same old...gowns gowns and more gowns. I love gowns too, but I get bored of them quickly.

I think with cyo there aren't many doing their own cyo anymore, most of the new stuff is all bundles, and the same few people always get them, so not much can be done there.

I agree this is the best dress up game out there, but I get bored of it and leave for months, then come back...over and over lol. I don't see it lasting for many more years though, as the younger people get older they move on...and the older ones...well they won't live forever, or the ones that spend the most real money won't be around to keep it free etc. I could be wrong. It isn't fresh anymore to me. I have plenty of funds to just come and dress up when I feel like it without having to do work for it anymore...and I joined a guild to have something to work towards, but it just gets old fast for me.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:38 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

I think I might feel differently about the outfits thing if voting was more consistent. It's a complete toss up as to who wins. In a way that is nice, I did like that little adrenaline "who's it gonna be?!" But now it's like "Okay I am against someone who I truly believe should lose." I know that sounds kind of bad, but I remember back when people were upset about taking advantage of the new people by battling them knowing they would win and the newbie would lose.

I love the CYO, It's creative and I love that. But I also feel like that's part of the reason this site went backwards. I liked being given certain items and everyone having the same options. I felt like it was more difficult to create outfits and to see what everyone could do with the same items. Now it's all CYO and I don't notice anything really changing in the mall. I want to go back to mall items, and I think I might try that out for a while

Old 08-12-2018, 10:53 PM
Prom Queen
Last Achievements

"Too many things..."

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by malevolent_dreamer View Post
I think I might feel differently about the outfits thing if voting was more consistent. It's a complete toss up as to who wins. In a way that is nice, I did like that little adrenaline "who's it gonna be?!" But now it's like "Okay I am against someone who I truly believe should lose." I know that sounds kind of bad, but I remember back when people were upset about taking advantage of the new people by battling them knowing they would win and the newbie would lose.

I love the CYO, It's creative and I love that. But I also feel like that's part of the reason this site went backwards. I liked being given certain items and everyone having the same options. I felt like it was more difficult to create outfits and to see what everyone could do with the same items. Now it's all CYO and I don't notice anything really changing in the mall. I want to go back to mall items, and I think I might try that out for a while
I miss new items in the mall, new stuff is very rare for the mall I was doing mall only GOC because I liked the challenge of not having 8 million items to choose from (sometimes less is more) but at the same time it is so limited that on some themes I just couldn't do a mall doll to fit the theme.

The one thing that really bothers me is that older poses get very little to nothing new. It seems whatever newest pose is the one that gets all the items, or the super popular poses. I spent $99 on a pose that gets nothing made for her. I will NEVER buy another pose, it just isn't worth it, because once its sell by date comes kiss it goodbye.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:42 AM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase

Quote:
We don't have a skip button anymore, or I would! I do the refresh but there are only so many times I will refresh before I get tired of it.

I do vote how I want, well other than there are plenty of NOTS I would love to give, and ones I would love to vote in GOC and albums, but don't. I do give NOTS when I really really REALLY don't like the outfit, but that is few and far between. And in GOC I do give a 1 or 2 if I really feel it doesn't follow the theme or I just really don't like the doll, but I give up if I start to feel I don't like any of them because I don't need any warnings for voting badly. It isn't worth it to me.

The "game" aspect is a joke to me, it really isn't a game, it is just a popularity contest for the most part (IMO) and if I didn't like putting dolls together as much as I do, I wouldn't even bother.
That is one reason I don't really care if people like my dolls or not, or vote them NOTS, or give me 1's, because I don't dress to please anyone but myself.
When I get bored, I take a leave from the game until I feel like dressing up again.
Wait whaaaaa why was it removed?

Old 08-14-2018, 03:59 AM
Prom Queen
Last Achievements

"Too many things..."

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Wait whaaaaa why was it removed?
I have no idea, one day it was there, and the next day gone. It has been gone for a long time now.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:44 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I have no idea, one day it was there, and the next day gone. It has been gone for a long time now.
Wow . Weird. I think it just shows how often I dont come on!
@angieluvboo why was the skip removed?

Old 08-18-2018, 10:55 PM
Site Owner
Points: 2,838,317, Level: 100 Points: 2,838,317, Level: 100 Points: 2,838,317, Level: 100
Activity: 36.6% Activity: 36.6% Activity: 36.6%
Last Achievements

"I drove past the fork in the road and went straight"

My Mood: Busy
Mentioned: 2942 Post(s)
Tagged: 120 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2799 Post(s)
angieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Anniversary Forum Awards 2018 Most likely to still be playing DC in 50 years 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Wow . Weird. I think it just shows how often I dont come on!
@angieluvboo why was the skip removed?
It was added to skip Survivor battles but then I added a setting to turn Survivor battles off, so there was no longer a need for a skip.

I dont think skip would help the OP either because she'd still see the outfit, which seems to be her concern.

Honestly, the best advice is to vote against it. Most of us use that as a sign that it's time for us to change. If you're voting Hot just to be nice, then we think you just LOVE seeing our year old outfit lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Old 08-18-2018, 11:04 PM
Emerald Empress User
Last Achievements

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieluvboo View Post
It was added to skip Survivor battles but then I added a setting to turn Survivor battles off, so there was no longer a need for a skip.

I dont think skip would help the OP either because she'd still see the outfit, which seems to be her concern.

Honestly, the best advice is to vote against it. Most of us use that as a sign that it's time for us to change. If you're voting Hot just to be nice, then we think you just LOVE seeing our year old outfit lol.

Oh, makes sense~

Old 08-19-2018, 04:57 AM
Prom Queen
Last Achievements

"Too many things..."

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieluvboo View Post

That is where I am at, I am so bored of some outfits I wish they would change. I check their wishlist hoping maybe they just can't afford a new outfit but no such luck.
I think people just vote HOT without even looking anymore. Lord knows if you vote NOT you are a cheater according to most of the population here from what I read in their profile and album pages.