Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Voice of the Community > Feedback & Opinions > Negative Feedback & Critiques
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

User Tag List

Old 11-02-2017, 06:32 AM
Emerald Empress User
Points: 13,534, Level: 50 Points: 13,534, Level: 50 Points: 13,534, Level: 50
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Activity: 69.2% Activity: 69.2% Activity: 69.2%
Last Achievements

My Mood: Happy
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 11 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
babs11 is a mini celebritybabs11 is a mini celebritybabs11 is a mini celebritybabs11 is a mini celebritybabs11 is a mini celebritybabs11 is a mini celebritybabs11 is a mini celebritybabs11 is a mini celebritybabs11 is a mini celebritybabs11 is a mini celebritybabs11 is a mini celebrity
Exclamation HON and DOTD ★

i have spoken to others regarding this and we feel the same....

why is it the same people are getting DOTD??
think there should be a limit, not fair how same dolls are always in top 6 and what gets me mad is when you see dolls that have had the same outfit on for months get into top 6! REALLY!!!
theres nothing about that, that should get you dotd nominations.
think there should be a limit for you wearing an outfit.
if your ill or away on vacation fair enough, but when they are on everyday battling should change!

And HON what can i say....
getting 2-3 nots seriously!!!
think someone is cheating somewhere.
don't get me wrong i have voted not in the past but its usually because a doll is nude, or wearing something in the wrong place,
but when u are winning battles and you get this amount of nots its just not right.

is there anything that can be done for either of these situations???

i'm sure a lot of people would be happy!

game very disheartening at the moment.

Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !

3 members like this post.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:24 PM
Site Owner
Points: 2,837,774, Level: 100 Points: 2,837,774, Level: 100 Points: 2,837,774, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9%
Last Achievements

"I drove past the fork in the road and went straight"

My Mood: Busy
Mentioned: 2922 Post(s)
Tagged: 120 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2791 Post(s)
angieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrityangieluvboo is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Anniversary Forum Awards 2018 Most likely to still be playing DC in 50 years 
Total Awards: 2

Hey Lisa,

We've had this discussion about DOTD in the past and that is why Top 6 was even invented...so that the person seen the most in battles doesn't automatically win DOTD. Our security monitors DOTD votes every single day, so I can assure you, there's no cheating there. These dolls get to top 6 and ultimately DOTD because the majority of the voters want them there. Even in their month old outfits

As for HoN, I get about 40 votes on Hot or Not. If 2 or 3 people don't think my doll is hot, that doesn't seem unreasonable at all. That's about 93-95% of voters saying your doll is hot. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we all have our own styles. Some like it, some don't. It wouldn't be realistic to expect everyone to unanimously think every doll is hot. That being said, our Security team has tools in place to monitor those who vote negatively excessively and deals with those cases.

5 members like this post.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:14 PM
Prom Queen
Points: 237,453, Level: 100 Points: 237,453, Level: 100 Points: 237,453, Level: 100
Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2%
Last Achievements

"Too many things..."

Previous Username: jenlovesdolls
My Mood: Tired
Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 54 Thread(s)
Quoted: 518 Post(s)
sobriquet has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Anniversary Forum Awards 2018 3rd Place New Year's in New York 31 Tasks Completed: DC Haunted Adventures All Tasks Completed DC Adventures 
Total Awards: 4

I think the DOTD is just sheer volume. Yes, a lot really like the dolls, but when the same 20 or so people are battling non stop most of the day, they are going to be the ones that get in the top most of the time. That is just how it goes, since they are the ones getting the most views.

Now, for HON...I do not agree that it is cheating if you get not votes. The whole point of HON is to see how many people really like your outfit. I vote not on any doll I don't like the look of. So I guess that makes me a cheater. I just don't see the point of being made to feel like I HAVE to vote hot to be "nice" or to not "cheat"
If everyone is just going to vote hot on everything why even have a not button? So many people get upset over not votes, calling people mean and accusing people of cheating, or that they aren't playing fair etc.
We all have our own tastes, and I don't think anyone should have to vote hot on every doll unless they are nude, or offensive.

We have had discussions about this event in the past, and it boils down to people want to be voted only all hot and making accusations on people that vote not.
I will continue to vote honestly, and if that makes me mean, or considered a cheater than so be it.
With that said, I do vote mostly hot, as most dolls look pretty good to me, but just today during voting I would say out of about 20 HON events there were at least 3 or 4 I really just didn't care for and I voted accordingly.

I do apologize if this comes off wrong, I am just trying to add another perspective on it.

Last edited by sobriquet; 02-04-2018 at 10:19 PM. Reason: wall of text, rewording things

6 members like this post.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:55 AM
Emerald Empress User
Points: 181,854, Level: 100 Points: 181,854, Level: 100 Points: 181,854, Level: 100
Activity: 38.5% Activity: 38.5% Activity: 38.5%
Last Achievements

My Mood: Lurking
Mentioned: 463 Post(s)
Tagged: 20 Thread(s)
Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Vergina is a mini celebrityVergina is a mini celebrityVergina is a mini celebrityVergina is a mini celebrityVergina is a mini celebrityVergina is a mini celebrityVergina is a mini celebrityVergina is a mini celebrityVergina is a mini celebrityVergina is a mini celebrityVergina is a mini celebrity

I agree with sobriquet, I mostly vote Hot, but sometimes I just don't like an outfit and I vote Not... doesn't mean there's anything actually wrong with the outfit (in the sense of the doll being naked or clothes on the wrong place or whatever), but I just didn't like it. If we cannot vote Not, why do we even play 'hot or not'? I see no sense in the event if the Not voters are seen as 'unfair' (unless, of course, those people are voting not on practically everyone, there needs to be a balance).

As for DOTD, nominations go via battles and HoN events, so it seems only logic that the people who do those more, get seen more and so they get more nominations. That doesn't mean that people who battle a lot automatically get nominated. I've battled A LOT in the past few weeks, and got nominated once (but not chosen). While I have been chosen DOTD in the past with a doll that did just a normal amount of battles. Sure, when I have a new doll that I think would be DOTD worthy, I try to battle a bit more, so people see it more and so have more chances to nominate it for DOTD. You can't expect to be nominated when you've just entered 10 battles and 2 HoN events... not enough people that would have nominated you saw your doll.
That said, I don't always agree with the top 6 of the day... sometimes I think all the dolls are not special at all (which I feel a DOTD should be) and I just refuse to select one to vote on Especially when I've given other dolls a DOTD nomination the day before and they didn't make it. but I guess that's just my taste that's different from the majority.
But using this system where you can only nominate dolls for DOTD while voting on events, is the fairest I think. I remember when you could nominate them on the user's profile and people could just beg for DOTD votes. At least this way it's mostly anonymously... (of course you sometimes know which doll belongs to whom, but most dolls are completely anonymous to me, when I'm voting)

2 members like this post.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:43 AM
BeyHive
Points: 607,926, Level: 100 Points: 607,926, Level: 100 Points: 607,926, Level: 100
Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7%
Last Achievements

Previous Username: sweetcheeks
Mentioned: 254 Post(s)
Tagged: 75 Thread(s)
Quoted: 618 Post(s)
itsmik3y is a mini celebrityitsmik3y is a mini celebrityitsmik3y is a mini celebrityitsmik3y is a mini celebrityitsmik3y is a mini celebrityitsmik3y is a mini celebrityitsmik3y is a mini celebrityitsmik3y is a mini celebrityitsmik3y is a mini celebrityitsmik3y is a mini celebrityitsmik3y is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
All Tasks Completed DC Adventures Forum Profile Decorating Contest Forum Profile Decorating Contest Flashgame Blitz Superstar 
Total Awards: 18

I believe the only way the top 6 will be more diverse is if there was more active people. I hate to say it but this site is sorta becoming the same ol thing each day. There hasn’t been a new layout in forever to keep things new and fresh. I spend a lot of time on one outfit (like the one I’m wearing now) and coins that I don’t have many of, and Ill be lucky to have more than 50% win rate when I battle for a couple days. I believe DC has formed a liking to specific styles if that makes sense. Specific designers only design for specific people making it a bit difficult to stay as unique as them. As far as HON goes, there’s always gonna be someone who doesn’t like your outfit. There’s times when I’m voting that I see an outfit and I sorta question it and see that it’s on someone that I normally love. I doubt that will ever change with HON.

Sorry if that was sorta all over. I have a lot of thoughts on everything here. Yikes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

set by: me

1 members like this post.