Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Guilds > Guild Challenge Arena > Guild Survivor
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

View Poll Results: Use of the Diva Blast for Survivor
Disallow the use of the Diva Blast for ALL Survivor contestants. 19 40.43%
Allow the perfume, but award bonus points to those who choose not to use it. 5 10.64%
Leave it the way it is. All perfumes allowed for every Survivor. 20 42.55%
Doesn't matter to me. I'm game with anything!! 3 6.38%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-14-2015, 01:56 AM
mollym's Avatar
mollym mollym is offline
Cosmopolitan Diva User
Points: 195,915, Level: 100 Points: 195,915, Level: 100 Points: 195,915, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%
Last Achievements

"Broken pencils are pointless."
 
Previous Username: jollymolly
Real Name: Molly
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Arizona, USA
Age: 40
Posts: 24,963
Blog Entries: 3
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 1868 Post(s)
Tagged: 132 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
Rep Power: 2328
mollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebritymollym is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Staff Member of the Month 2014 Holiday Forum Awards: Most Likely to Build an 3rd Place 2014 Winter Fashion Flash Game Forum Profile Decorating Contest 
Total Awards: 13

Default Perfume or no perfume?

We are thinking of doing a throwback season of Survivor by not allowing the use of the Diva Blast perfume.

Another option to compromise, is that we award bonus points to any Survivor who chooses not to use the perfume. Points would be awarded weekly just like other points. So in other words, you could use the perfume one week and not receive the bonus points and decide to not use it the next week and receive the points for that week.

We know there will be mixed feelings on both options and we would like input from both sides. Vote in the poll and/or comments your thoughts. Nothing is decided right now, so feedback is welcomed!!! 3-DAY POLL!



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
__________________
-
-
-
-
-
-




http://i57.tinypic.com/2yuhvv5.png

sig & avi by jazz
ninja tag by Aryanna

Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 07-14-2015, 02:22 AM
beauty_chic's Avatar
beauty_chic beauty_chic is offline
CareBear
Points: 30,255, Level: 76 Points: 30,255, Level: 76 Points: 30,255, Level: 76
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8%
Last Achievements

"Laugh as if you'll die tomorrow.:)"
 

Previous Username: kara34
Real Name: Kara
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: W.V.
Posts: 5,998
Blog Entries: 9
My Mood: Angelic
Mentioned: 870 Post(s)
Tagged: 81 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1730 Post(s)
Rep Power: 1640
beauty_chic has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Forum Profile Decorating Contest Forum Profile Decorating Contest 2015 March Madness Superstar Life of the Party Anniversary 2014 
Total Awards: 5

Default

I dont think I've ever played Survivor,but i do know that they need lots of battlers to compete with,,so i say keep the Diva Blast Perfume,because its very hard to get battles during Survivor.



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
__________________
  • ''Your Tongue enough is strong enough to break a heart,Actions can hurt just As bad too,,Choose your words carefully and treat people good,Do not criticise. Because how you treat people has a funny and adverse way of coming right back to ya.''
  1. Thanks Bex,love this Graphic!
http://i64.tinypic.com/25jginl.jpg[SIGPIC] [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG][IMG]
''Hey doll - so sorry to hear about the poor start on DC, I really hope things brighten up for you because it truly is an amazing community to be apart of! If you ever need help or a friend, message me Here's to good times!!!''-Quoted By special_individual
Reply With Quote


2 members like this post.
  #3  
Old 07-14-2015, 04:29 AM
midnight_kiss's Avatar
midnight_kiss midnight_kiss is offline
Pulse Editor
Points: 273,689, Level: 100 Points: 273,689, Level: 100 Points: 273,689, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Last Achievements

"Whats good and evil is determined by those who are in power."
 

Previous Username: rock_chick_sian
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Slytherin common room.
Posts: 5,744
Blog Entries: 91
My Mood: Sleepy
Mentioned: 1938 Post(s)
Tagged: 62 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1402 Post(s)
Rep Power: 4563
midnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Forum Profile Decorating Contest 30 Day Forum Challenge Winner Forum Profile Decorating Contest Forum Profile Decorating Contest 
Total Awards: 4

Default

I think it would be nice to see it without perfumes, I mean I personally have never even asked by guild about competing cuz I cant afford perfumes regularly and I don't stand a chance without it whilst being at work/uni at the same time!

The only problem with awarding extra points will be that I think those who can use it might get a fair few extra points (idk how much it effects it) but you'd have to make sure you awarded enough to make it worth the extra time?



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
__________________


Set by Bex!

Reply With Quote


3 members like this post.
  #4  
Old 07-14-2015, 02:52 PM
molokai's Avatar
molokai molokai is offline
Emerald Empress User
Points: 134,876, Level: 100 Points: 134,876, Level: 100 Points: 134,876, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%
Last Achievements

"I love listening to the sound of the waves at the beach."
 

Real Name: Cathy
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 3,072
Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Tagged: 65 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Rep Power: 1732
molokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Prom Member Awards 2013 
Total Awards: 1

Default

Well I've always thought the Diva Blast perfume shouldn't be allowed in survivor so I voted that way. Guild Survivor was about hard work and it seems it's getting less and less about hard work and more about players handing out guild battles to the contestants and using perfumes. I know there was the whole idea of guild members donating loyalty points so the perfume could be gotten but don't think that's worked out too well. Sure there are a few players with loyalty points to spare but don't think that many. I bet most players use their loyalty points for golden tickets.



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
__________________
Amazing siggy by unholyprelude!
Thanks angieluvboo
for giving the Deviant Divas their name!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote


1 members like this post.
  #5  
Old 07-14-2015, 05:09 PM
smartinez79's Avatar
smartinez79 smartinez79 is offline
Diva In Love
Points: 52,875, Level: 100 Points: 52,875, Level: 100 Points: 52,875, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%
Last Achievements

"To feel loved is wonderful feeling"
 
Previous Username: smannion79
Real Name: Salina
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,280
Blog Entries: 17
My Mood: Asleep
Mentioned: 434 Post(s)
Tagged: 62 Thread(s)
Quoted: 833 Post(s)
Rep Power: 778
smartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebritysmartinez79 is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Forum Colour Wars Blog Contests Blog Contests F-A-T Team Winners Award 
Total Awards: 15

Default

I voted for no perfume.



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
__________________

leabel88
Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 07-14-2015, 07:04 PM
hippie_chick's Avatar
hippie_chick hippie_chick is offline
Community Moderator
Points: 130,930, Level: 100 Points: 130,930, Level: 100 Points: 130,930, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 48.4% Activity: 48.4% Activity: 48.4%
Last Achievements

"Attitude is everything..."
 
Previous Username: orbock
Real Name: jocelyn
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Over the Wall
Posts: 12,936
Blog Entries: 303
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 1912 Post(s)
Tagged: 110 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1979 Post(s)
Rep Power: 602
hippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Most likely to have nine lives Forum Colour Wars Prom Table Activities Graphic Battle Royale 
Total Awards: 11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by molokai View Post
Well I've always thought the Diva Blast perfume shouldn't be allowed in survivor so I voted that way. Guild Survivor was about hard work and it seems it's getting less and less about hard work and more about players handing out guild battles to the contestants and using perfumes. I know there was the whole idea of guild members donating loyalty points so the perfume could be gotten but don't think that's worked out too well. Sure there are a few players with loyalty points to spare but don't think that many. I bet most players use their loyalty points for golden tickets.
I use mine for perfumes! I have even donated perfumes to my competitors and to survivors in need when I wasn't one!



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
__________________









Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 07-14-2015, 07:12 PM
hippie_chick's Avatar
hippie_chick hippie_chick is offline
Community Moderator
Points: 130,930, Level: 100 Points: 130,930, Level: 100 Points: 130,930, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 48.4% Activity: 48.4% Activity: 48.4%
Last Achievements

"Attitude is everything..."
 
Previous Username: orbock
Real Name: jocelyn
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Over the Wall
Posts: 12,936
Blog Entries: 303
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 1912 Post(s)
Tagged: 110 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1979 Post(s)
Rep Power: 602
hippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Most likely to have nine lives Forum Colour Wars Prom Table Activities Graphic Battle Royale 
Total Awards: 11

Default

I like the perfumes because it still allows a person to do other things on DC while survivor is going on- before pretty much all you could do was battle, now you have time to vote and get those loyalty points for the perfume for the next week- also it allows time to dress for GOC and go to forums to enter contests without losing out on too many battles. Perhaps it should be considered that as you advance from round one to two and two to three, and so forth that a perfume be awarded by the site- to level the field OR give all entrants a Diva Blast at week One, then they could earn the ones moving forward.

I know survivor is all about guild battles- but another twist could include voting as well- points for votes too- this would encourage voting while battling and allow the earning of loyalty points at the same time.

Another possibility could be award the perfume to those who score x amt of points - say 5000 on advancing.

I know this is off the point but I have always wanted a running tab of where I am falling through out the week- this could be for only the players to be able to see.



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
__________________









Reply With Quote


1 members like this post.
  #8  
Old 07-14-2015, 07:37 PM
molokai's Avatar
molokai molokai is offline
Emerald Empress User
Points: 134,876, Level: 100 Points: 134,876, Level: 100 Points: 134,876, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%
Last Achievements

"I love listening to the sound of the waves at the beach."
 

Real Name: Cathy
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 3,072
Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Tagged: 65 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Rep Power: 1732
molokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Prom Member Awards 2013 
Total Awards: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_chick View Post
I use mine for perfumes! I have even donated perfumes to my competitors and to survivors in need when I wasn't one!
I've given loyalty points to GS players numerous times to get perfumes irregardless of whether in my guild or another. The one perfume I would get with loyalty points I can't so mine just keep building up. HOWEVER I don't think either one of us is the "norm". I truly think most players use their loyalty points for GTs hoping mostly for coins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_chick View Post
I like the perfumes because it still allows a person to do other things on DC while survivor is going on- before pretty much all you could do was battle, now you have time to vote and get those loyalty points for the perfume for the next week- also it allows time to dress for GOC and go to forums to enter contests without losing out on too many battles. Perhaps it should be considered that as you advance from round one to two and two to three, and so forth that a perfume be awarded by the site- to level the field OR give all entrants a Diva Blast at week One, then they could earn the ones moving forward.

I know survivor is all about guild battles- but another twist could include voting as well- points for votes too- this would encourage voting while battling and allow the earning of loyalty points at the same time.

Another possibility could be award the perfume to those who score x amt of points - say 5000 on advancing.

I know this is off the point but I have always wanted a running tab of where I am falling through out the week- this could be for only the players to be able to see.
If players or the site want to change what Guild Survivor is all about that fine by me. The perfumes have changed it a lot. I thought it was almost like an "endurance" test struggling to get guild battles accepted while doing GOC and guild contests. Then they added Sundays off to give contestants a break and time to enter GOC and contests. Then they added the perfumes to the loyalty shop and now we have ads telling us to send GS players battle requests and they click buttons sending out battle requests. I actually think adding voting to the mix for results is a good idea but that's not what this is about.

And in all honesty if I don't think the perfume should be used at all I certainly don't think they should become an "award" for something while survivor is running.



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 07-14-2015, 08:31 PM
hada_sonadora's Avatar
hada_sonadora hada_sonadora is offline
Senior Pulse Editor
Points: 27,687, Level: 72 Points: 27,687, Level: 72 Points: 27,687, Level: 72
Level up: 85% Level up: 85% Level up: 85%
Activity: 25.0% Activity: 25.0% Activity: 25.0%
Last Achievements

"A fairy that dreams"
 

Real Name: Tina
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: In fairy land of dreams
Age: 28
Posts: 4,720
Blog Entries: 6
My Mood: Happy
Mentioned: 850 Post(s)
Tagged: 81 Thread(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Rep Power: 389
hada_sonadora is a mini celebrityhada_sonadora is a mini celebrityhada_sonadora is a mini celebrityhada_sonadora is a mini celebrityhada_sonadora is a mini celebrityhada_sonadora is a mini celebrityhada_sonadora is a mini celebrityhada_sonadora is a mini celebrityhada_sonadora is a mini celebrityhada_sonadora is a mini celebrityhada_sonadora is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Prom Table Activities 2014 Christmas Cake Decoration 31 Tasks Completed: DC Haunted Adventures All Tasks Completed DC Adventures 
Total Awards: 5

Default

I chose to leave the perfume because personally I myself don't have a lot of time so this perfume helps us. Even though I never participated in Survivor it is almost impossible to sit 24/7 in front of a computer just to do battles in order to make it to the finals. Everyone has a personal life wheter your studying, working or being a at home parent. All of us tend to be busy from time to time. So this is why the perfume helps us.



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
__________________
I am the Dreaming Fairy ♥

Signature by Fox

Avatar and signature set by Smilingeyes
Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 07-14-2015, 09:04 PM
hippie_chick's Avatar
hippie_chick hippie_chick is offline
Community Moderator
Points: 130,930, Level: 100 Points: 130,930, Level: 100 Points: 130,930, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 48.4% Activity: 48.4% Activity: 48.4%
Last Achievements

"Attitude is everything..."
 
Previous Username: orbock
Real Name: jocelyn
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Over the Wall
Posts: 12,936
Blog Entries: 303
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 1912 Post(s)
Tagged: 110 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1979 Post(s)
Rep Power: 602
hippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Most likely to have nine lives Forum Colour Wars Prom Table Activities Graphic Battle Royale 
Total Awards: 11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by molokai View Post
I've given loyalty points to GS players numerous times to get perfumes irregardless of whether in my guild or another. The one perfume I would get with loyalty points I can't so mine just keep building up. HOWEVER I don't think either one of us is the "norm". I truly think most players use their loyalty points for GTs hoping mostly for coins!



If players or the site want to change what Guild Survivor is all about that fine by me. The perfumes have changed it a lot. I thought it was almost like an "endurance" test struggling to get guild battles accepted while doing GOC and guild contests. Then they added Sundays off to give contestants a break and time to enter GOC and contests. Then they added the perfumes to the loyalty shop and now we have ads telling us to send GS players battle requests and they click buttons sending out battle requests. I actually think adding voting to the mix for results is a good idea but that's not what this is about.

And in all honesty if I don't think the perfume should be used at all I certainly don't think they should become an "award" for something while survivor is running.
I think of it more like the Survivor Contest is evolving with the game- not that it is intentionally being changed. As DC adds new features- it is only natural that they become incorporated into various contests.

I do think there is plenty of time for members who wish to participate to build up loyalty points, and if not- their guild should stand behind them and
donate loyalty points to enable their player to represent them with every advantage.

I could never compete in Survivor without Blast because I work and am not always able to sit at a computer all day. At least with Blast, I can use my phone- having to do individual battles with the phone- well- just not happening!



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
__________________









Reply With Quote


  #11  
Old 07-14-2015, 09:45 PM
molokai's Avatar
molokai molokai is offline
Emerald Empress User
Points: 134,876, Level: 100 Points: 134,876, Level: 100 Points: 134,876, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%
Last Achievements

"I love listening to the sound of the waves at the beach."
 

Real Name: Cathy
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 3,072
Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Tagged: 65 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Rep Power: 1732
molokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Prom Member Awards 2013 
Total Awards: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_chick View Post
I think of it more like the Survivor Contest is evolving with the game- not that it is intentionally being changed. As DC adds new features- it is only natural that they become incorporated into various contests.

I do think there is plenty of time for members who wish to participate to build up loyalty points, and if not- their guild should stand behind them and
donate loyalty points to enable their player to represent them with every advantage.

I could never compete in Survivor without Blast because I work and am not always able to sit at a computer all day. At least with Blast, I can use my phone- having to do individual battles with the phone- well- just not happening!
Evolving/changing is all the same to me. It is natural to incorporate new features etc. that's why I think adding voting into the GS total mix is a great idea.

As for time to build up loyalty points and/or guilds standing behind their entry I don't think it happens. Loyalty points get turned in for GTs because so much on the site has gotten more expensive, especially coinwise.

I understand the usefulness of the perfume in the competition and maybe that's good enough but what does Guild Survivor stand for now? We don't have new players entering much and the same players enter over and over again. Maybe my problem is the whole idea of Guild Survivor has shifted and is about something I don't understand or missed. . . . . . .



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
Reply With Quote


  #12  
Old 07-15-2015, 03:29 AM
midnight_kiss's Avatar
midnight_kiss midnight_kiss is offline
Pulse Editor
Points: 273,689, Level: 100 Points: 273,689, Level: 100 Points: 273,689, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Last Achievements

"Whats good and evil is determined by those who are in power."
 

Previous Username: rock_chick_sian
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Slytherin common room.
Posts: 5,744
Blog Entries: 91
My Mood: Sleepy
Mentioned: 1938 Post(s)
Tagged: 62 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1402 Post(s)
Rep Power: 4563
midnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebritymidnight_kiss is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Forum Profile Decorating Contest 30 Day Forum Challenge Winner Forum Profile Decorating Contest Forum Profile Decorating Contest 
Total Awards: 4

Default

Maybe it could be not ALL survivors but sometimes, like with Guild war, sometimes it's mall only. Sometimes it's not? That way it would allow those of us who cannot afford to buy perfumes the chance to play some times and those who don't have time to enter all the time the chance to play too??

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
__________________


Set by Bex!

Reply With Quote


  #13  
Old 07-15-2015, 09:49 AM
hippie_chick's Avatar
hippie_chick hippie_chick is offline
Community Moderator
Points: 130,930, Level: 100 Points: 130,930, Level: 100 Points: 130,930, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 48.4% Activity: 48.4% Activity: 48.4%
Last Achievements

"Attitude is everything..."
 
Previous Username: orbock
Real Name: jocelyn
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Over the Wall
Posts: 12,936
Blog Entries: 303
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 1912 Post(s)
Tagged: 110 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1979 Post(s)
Rep Power: 602
hippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Most likely to have nine lives Forum Colour Wars Prom Table Activities Graphic Battle Royale 
Total Awards: 11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by molokai View Post
Evolving/changing is all the same to me. It is natural to incorporate new features etc. that's why I think adding voting into the GS total mix is a great idea.

As for time to build up loyalty points and/or guilds standing behind their entry I don't think it happens. Loyalty points get turned in for GTs because so much on the site has gotten more expensive, especially coinwise.

I understand the usefulness of the perfume in the competition and maybe that's good enough but what does Guild Survivor stand for now? We don't have new players entering much and the same players enter over and over again. Maybe my problem is the whole idea of Guild Survivor has shifted and is about something I don't understand or missed. . . . . . .
But if someone knows they want to do survivor then they should be saving their points- just because it "probably" won't happen, doesn't means it "couldn't" happen-- if someone is truly motivated, the means to get Diva Blast are built into the game.

It comes down to choices-like everything else in life and the game-and if you can't afford to purchase with cash, then work hard and vote-- especially now!- and earn the points for the upcoming survivor season-- there is plenty of time and lots of events to vote on! You can even win a free perfume now with the Lucky 7 game.

I just think the Blast has expanded the different people participating- I could never do it until Blast and felt left out. Without Blast the population of who can play -and have any chance of advancing-is limited to those who are home all day at their computers. I have done survivor - maybe 3 times over the years and even with Blast I have only made it to the final round 1 time- so even with Blast it still is not easy going for those who work or have other obligations.



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
__________________









Reply With Quote


2 members like this post.
  #14  
Old 07-15-2015, 12:07 PM
anne-marie's Avatar
anne-marie anne-marie is offline
Community Administrator
Guild Moderator
Points: 293,577, Level: 100 Points: 293,577, Level: 100 Points: 293,577, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 83.0% Activity: 83.0% Activity: 83.0%
Last Achievements

"R.I.P. Mom♥ 11/1/1943 - 12/25/2011 I love and miss you everyday!"
 

Previous Username: sexielexie
Real Name: AnneMarie
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 51
Posts: 13,858
Blog Entries: 1
My Mood: Busy
Mentioned: 2131 Post(s)
Tagged: 127 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2024 Post(s)
Rep Power: 6018
anne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrityanne-marie is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Forum Profile Decorating Contest Forum Profile Decorating Contest Forum Profile Decorating Contest Forum Profile Decorating Contest 
Total Awards: 6

Default

I've agreed with everything Jocelyn has said so far! As for voting during Survivor, I don't think that's going to be possible because without the perfume, you are using all of your time sending out battle requests.

I voted for keeping the perfume.



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
__________________



Reply With Quote


  #15  
Old 07-15-2015, 02:07 PM
molokai's Avatar
molokai molokai is offline
Emerald Empress User
Points: 134,876, Level: 100 Points: 134,876, Level: 100 Points: 134,876, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%
Last Achievements

"I love listening to the sound of the waves at the beach."
 

Real Name: Cathy
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 3,072
Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Tagged: 65 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Rep Power: 1732
molokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Prom Member Awards 2013 
Total Awards: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_chick View Post
But if someone knows they want to do survivor then they should be saving their points- just because it "probably" won't happen, doesn't means it "couldn't" happen-- if someone is truly motivated, the means to get Diva Blast are built into the game.

It comes down to choices-like everything else in life and the game-and if you can't afford to purchase with cash, then work hard and vote-- especially now!- and earn the points for the upcoming survivor season-- there is plenty of time and lots of events to vote on! You can even win a free perfume now with the Lucky 7 game.

I just think the Blast has expanded the different people participating- I could never do it until Blast and felt left out. Without Blast the population of who can play -and have any chance of advancing-is limited to those who are home all day at their computers. I have done survivor - maybe 3 times over the years and even with Blast I have only made it to the final round 1 time- so even with Blast it still is not easy going for those who work or have other obligations.
I actually don't disagree with you but the reality is that life, school, work, etc. should take top precedence over an internet game shouldn't it? When you take care of those and then have to come up with coins for outfits, GOC, etc. the way to do that is through gts which we get from voting.

Blast has allowed different and more players to participate but now we're at the point of it's the same players again and again. You're not seeing many new ones are you? Maybe I'm wrong here.

I personally think it's sad that a guild can't donate loyalty points to their GS player to help them out. That along with gifting moolah and coins provide the only real concrete support a guild can give. Guess I'd just be more comfortable with the perfume being used if ALL the contestants had it available. It bothers me that some can get it and others can't.

Think I've had my say on this topic enough now . I'm slinking away and going to try and be quiet.



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
Reply With Quote


  #16  
Old 07-15-2015, 02:18 PM
hippie_chick's Avatar
hippie_chick hippie_chick is offline
Community Moderator
Points: 130,930, Level: 100 Points: 130,930, Level: 100 Points: 130,930, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 48.4% Activity: 48.4% Activity: 48.4%
Last Achievements

"Attitude is everything..."
 
Previous Username: orbock
Real Name: jocelyn
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Over the Wall
Posts: 12,936
Blog Entries: 303
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 1912 Post(s)
Tagged: 110 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1979 Post(s)
Rep Power: 602
hippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Most likely to have nine lives Forum Colour Wars Prom Table Activities Graphic Battle Royale 
Total Awards: 11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by molokai View Post
I actually don't disagree with you but the reality is that life, school, work, etc. should take top precedence over an internet game shouldn't it? When you take care of those and then have to come up with coins for outfits, GOC, etc. the way to do that is through gts which we get from voting.

Blast has allowed different and more players to participate but now we're at the point of it's the same players again and again. You're not seeing many new ones are you? Maybe I'm wrong here.

I personally think it's sad that a guild can't donate loyalty points to their GS player to help them out. That along with gifting moolah and coins provide the only real concrete support a guild can give. Guess I'd just be more comfortable with the perfume being used if ALL the contestants had it available. It bothers me that some can get it and others can't.

Think I've had my say on this topic enough now . I'm slinking away and going to try and be quiet.

I here you TOTALLY! i agree this is a game- and SHOULD NOT come before real life obligations!

I do believe that if a guild wants a member to represent them, then they should support them!

Here is an idea: What if there was a way (only during survivor) for the guild to purchase from their bank Blast Perfumes for their participating member?

I agree- I LOVE a level playing field and think all should participants should have the Blast Perfume!

AND I am researching past winners/ participants now and will post my findings!



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
__________________









Reply With Quote


  #17  
Old 07-15-2015, 03:31 PM
molokai's Avatar
molokai molokai is offline
Emerald Empress User
Points: 134,876, Level: 100 Points: 134,876, Level: 100 Points: 134,876, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%
Last Achievements

"I love listening to the sound of the waves at the beach."
 

Real Name: Cathy
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 3,072
Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Tagged: 65 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Rep Power: 1732
molokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Prom Member Awards 2013 
Total Awards: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_chick View Post
I here you TOTALLY! i agree this is a game- and SHOULD NOT come before real life obligations!

I do believe that if a guild wants a member to represent them, then they should support them!

Here is an idea: What if there was a way (only during survivor) for the guild to purchase from their bank Blast Perfumes for their participating member?

I agree- I LOVE a level playing field and think all should participants should have the Blast Perfume!

AND I am researching past winners/ participants now and will post my findings!
At one time I think there was a suggestion that guilds earn loyalty points for their voting tasks but even with that some of the small guilds have trouble completing voting tasks. Actually my guild has trouble completing voting tasks!



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
Reply With Quote


  #18  
Old 07-15-2015, 03:33 PM
hippie_chick's Avatar
hippie_chick hippie_chick is offline
Community Moderator
Points: 130,930, Level: 100 Points: 130,930, Level: 100 Points: 130,930, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 48.4% Activity: 48.4% Activity: 48.4%
Last Achievements

"Attitude is everything..."
 
Previous Username: orbock
Real Name: jocelyn
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Over the Wall
Posts: 12,936
Blog Entries: 303
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 1912 Post(s)
Tagged: 110 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1979 Post(s)
Rep Power: 602
hippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Most likely to have nine lives Forum Colour Wars Prom Table Activities Graphic Battle Royale 
Total Awards: 11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by molokai View Post
At one time I think there was a suggestion that guilds earn loyalty points for their voting tasks but even with that some of the small guilds have trouble completing voting tasks. Actually my guild has trouble completing voting tasks!
Ours does too-- I was thinking they might sell them to the Guilds only during survivor for moolah/ coins???



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
__________________









Reply With Quote


1 members like this post.
  #19  
Old 07-16-2015, 01:52 AM
molokai's Avatar
molokai molokai is offline
Emerald Empress User
Points: 134,876, Level: 100 Points: 134,876, Level: 100 Points: 134,876, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%
Last Achievements

"I love listening to the sound of the waves at the beach."
 

Real Name: Cathy
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 3,072
Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Tagged: 65 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Rep Power: 1732
molokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebritymolokai is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Prom Member Awards 2013 
Total Awards: 1

Default

Right now the poll is 16-15 against using the perfume. The stop using it group has led since I first saw the poll and even though it's close to 50/50 now doesn't it say something that that many are against it?

Polls and threads here aren't really representative because so many guild and non guild players either never come to the forums, don't post or have given up posting. Yes it's their problem if they don't speak up but come on! A lot of people have difficulty with conflict and/or voicing opinions they know many will disagree with (especially if those they disagree with are "important" players, friends, guild officers, etc.).

Not many players are going to ask for loyalty points. I wouldn't! Small or new guilds may have members who aren't coin or time rich to accumulate loyalty points to donate. In my own guild players I thought would have tons of loyalty points had none because they'd turned them in for gts! So I figure "guild support" means 1 or 2 members in some of the more established guilds who have loyalty points to spare (like me). But in all honesty I got tired of it and that's when I found out players I thought would have no problem donating didn't have the points to donate!

So I go back to stop allowing the perfume or make it available to all participants.

(I copied and pasted this from another thread! Too much of the same in different places!)



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
Reply With Quote


  #20  
Old 07-16-2015, 07:43 AM
hippie_chick's Avatar
hippie_chick hippie_chick is offline
Community Moderator
Points: 130,930, Level: 100 Points: 130,930, Level: 100 Points: 130,930, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 48.4% Activity: 48.4% Activity: 48.4%
Last Achievements

"Attitude is everything..."
 
Previous Username: orbock
Real Name: jocelyn
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Over the Wall
Posts: 12,936
Blog Entries: 303
My Mood: Breezy
Mentioned: 1912 Post(s)
Tagged: 110 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1979 Post(s)
Rep Power: 602
hippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrityhippie_chick is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Most likely to have nine lives Forum Colour Wars Prom Table Activities Graphic Battle Royale 
Total Awards: 11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by molokai View Post
Right now the poll is 16-15 against using the perfume. The stop using it group has led since I first saw the poll and even though it's close to 50/50 now doesn't it say something that that many are against it?

Polls and threads here aren't really representative because so many guild and non guild players either never come to the forums, don't post or have given up posting. Yes it's their problem if they don't speak up but come on! A lot of people have difficulty with conflict and/or voicing opinions they know many will disagree with (especially if those they disagree with are "important" players, friends, guild officers, etc.).

Not many players are going to ask for loyalty points. I wouldn't! Small or new guilds may have members who aren't coin or time rich to accumulate loyalty points to donate. In my own guild players I thought would have tons of loyalty points had none because they'd turned them in for gts! So I figure "guild support" means 1 or 2 members in some of the more established guilds who have loyalty points to spare (like me). But in all honesty I got tired of it and that's when I found out players I thought would have no problem donating didn't have the points to donate!

So I go back to stop allowing the perfume or make it available to all participants.

(I copied and pasted this from another thread! Too much of the same in different places!)


I do not think the amount voting on either side pro/con is significant. 15 or 16 out of even 192 people who have played is not statistically significant!

I do think the perfume should be available to all- and really it already is- it is just a matter of how you spend your loyalty points (personal choice)- but Guilds should be able to purchase in some way for their survivors.



Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !
__________________









Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.