View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 06:38 AM
Security Supervisor
Senior Community Moderator
Guild Moderator
Points: 132,736, Level: 100 Points: 132,736, Level: 100 Points: 132,736, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

"That's not how it works, that's not how any of this works..."

My Mood: Confused
Mentioned: 1955 Post(s)
Tagged: 55 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2518 Post(s)
fashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrityfashionchallenged is a mini celebrity

Awards Showcase
Graphics Gauntlet 3rd place Staff Member of the Month Staff Member of the Month Forum Profile Decorating Contest 
Total Awards: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadyJean View Post
So on the Layers of fun theme, is that meaning use every single layer in the closet? So pants, dress, bottoms, tops, etc?
The voters do not see the theme description at all and entrants may only see it after they have completed their doll. So that description is there if you need help interpreting the theme. (There are always multiple possible interpretations of a theme.)

If I could not see the theme description, I would assume it was just fun layered outfits. You can use every single layer (including props, glasses, etc.), every major layer of clothing (dress, top, bottoms, outwear, ...) or just put together a fun layered look. (Or maybe even something to do with Fun? Outside the site, to me 'Layers of Fun' would mean Circus or Carnival for some reason. The emphasis seems to be on the word Fun since 'layers of' is describing the Fun. 'Fun Layers' would have emphasis on layers.)

From some competitions we have had in the past, if you try to make all layers visible, the doll does not always look, lets say, 'battle worthy'. If you work to make it pretty (hide skirts behind the dress, etc) it is not obvious that you used every layer. (Voters could go either way no matter which interpretation you chose or they are looking for.)

No matter what the theme, if your doll does not look to fit the theme description and what appears to be the obvious interpretation (when they are different), you might want to enter a description explaining your interpretation of the theme. If the voters don't know what interpretation you were trying for, they may not know how to vote and the entry description can help them out a little.

Notice: This Ad only show to guest, please register now to disappear !

Last edited by fashionchallenged; 04-26-2017 at 06:44 AM.

3 members like this post.