Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > pretty . little . scribble
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

Rate this Entry

i think i'm just being ungrateful

Submit "i think i'm just being ungrateful" to Digg Submit "i think i'm just being ungrateful" to del.icio.us Submit "i think i'm just being ungrateful" to StumbleUpon Submit "i think i'm just being ungrateful" to Google
Posted 06-21-2010 at 10:03 AM by hollyx
Updated 06-21-2010 at 02:01 PM by hollyx

competition, sunday, i came 5th out of 6 in ballroom, and didn't make the finals in latin
idk. i feel like i've done terrible though, there are a ton of other people who didn't even make the finals in ballroom, so i guess i should be lucky that i even placed anywhere.
but basically the whole weekend was pretty gross, started off great, really excited on saturday night, didn't care that my tan had gone streaky and really dark on my knees and that my sister had completely missed a section of my back, i just wanted to be on the floor and dancing.
that was until the music that was playing was ridiculous, like nothing about it was 'ballroom' like when you think of ballroom, you think of nice slow romanitic waltz and not a rihanna song slowed down. it doesn't have the same effect at all.
so i couldn't find the timing in the music, i had literally all of 5 minutes to warm up, we only had 30 minutes between doors opening, finding our seats, getting into our dresses and warming up. had no practice on the floor, the floor was sticky and the whole dance just felt completely wrong.

and what makes it even worse is that i'm feeling so crap, and pretty much all of the other kids from our dance school made their finals, i've beaten almost every single person i danced against (that were in the competition with me yesterday) twice over, but something just didn't click this time. i'm apparantly 'technically, 5th in the country for my age group and level, but idk. i wanted to be 1st. and i feel crap aswell for feeling so ungrateful, and i feel crap because i just wanted to go home all weekend.

and i just sort of want to curl into a ball and cry, but i have an exam tomorrow that i haven't revised for, and i'm going to fail that, a bird did his business on my dress bag on the way home (GOD DAMN WHY NOT ON THE WAY THERE SO IT WOULD HAVE BEEN GOOD LUCK?!)
so yea. sucky weekend really.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 825 Comments 5 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

1. Old Comment
    aww 5th is fantastic! You should be very proud of yourself bbz! Take some deep breaths, go and study for tomorrow and don't worry yourself too much, everything always comes otgether. <3
  2. Old Comment
    5th is great Holly! I think you just need a bath, a massive hug and some sleep and you'll feel better. *virtual hug* in the meantime

Hope your exam goes well xxx
  3. Old Comment
    mhmm, thankyou ladiesss ♥♥
    & aha, ta for the virtual hug abbi ;D
  4. Old Comment
    aw congrats on 5th
    you did better than me, be proud of yourself
    all the best for your exam
  5. Old Comment
    (: thankyou! and the exam wasn't too bad, i could have done better with that aswell if i'd revised, but as i was away all weekend it was well, tricky. (or at least thats my excuse )