Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > Royal Ramblings
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

Rate this Entry

Astrology Challenge: Day 15

Submit "Astrology Challenge: Day 15" to Digg Submit "Astrology Challenge: Day 15" to del.icio.us Submit "Astrology Challenge: Day 15" to StumbleUpon Submit "Astrology Challenge: Day 15" to Google
Posted 05-30-2011 at 07:01 PM by angieluvboo

30 Day Astrology Challenge

Day 15. What is your gem according to your sign? What are some of the aspects and qualities of the gem? Would you wear that gem? Lastly, post the legend of your gem.

Quote:
Aquarius' astrological gem is the amethyst.

Amethyst is the beautiful purple precious stone. This naturally occuring gemstone is a form of quartz crystal. Its primary ingredient is sand.

Just like Aquarius, amethyst is deeply and uniquely spiritual. It is said to be one of the best stones to use for meditation. Symbolizing divine love and global awareness, the amethyst guides the awareness away from self-centered thought patterns, as it lures the mind towards a deeper understanding.

When Aquarians wear amethyst, they experience its calming mental effect quite strongly. It is a known remedy for over-stress and overwhelming emotions, and can help to treat migraine headaches. It's good for Aquarians who tend to be easily angered or suffer from recurrent nightmares, because it promotes mental peace and harmony.

The amethyst is also believed to give protection to those who wear it.

Amethysts in Legend:

In ancient Greece, the amethyst was thought to preserve clarity of mind. Leonardo Da Vinci wrote that the amethyst dissipated evil thoughts and quickened intelligence. Amethysts are abundant in the British Crown Jewels, and partly for this reason, the color purple has come to symbolize royalty. Because the amethyst was believed to promote piety and celibacy in the Middle Ages, it was a popular ornamentation for religious purposes in this era of history.
I don't wear the amethyst. No particular reason why. Perhaps I'll get some jewelry with it. As for the effect is has, I don't think I need it. I'm pretty calm already and rarely get stressed or overwhelmed.

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 8888 Comments 1 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Cancer's astrological gem is the pearl.
    Pearls are beautiful jewels that are created inside of living creatures. Pearls form inside of oysters, beginning as a grain of sand. The oyster's reaction to this irritant is to coat the sand with layers of a natural substance, and it eventually forms a pearl.
    The pearl is a classic piece of jewelry, and is seen as very sophisticated. The price of pearls vary widely, depending on their luster, size, how they were grown (naturally or cultured), color and type. Natural pearls are the most expensive, followed by cultured pearls. Fresh water pearls tend to be relatively inexpensive.
    Pearls are said to help a person see herself and others truly, and help improve her self-worth. Giving a loved one a gift of natural pearls is one of the nicest gifts one can give, because it allows the wearer to see the love of the person who gave them the pearls. The Pearl symbolizes love, success, and happiness. In olden times, it was an emblem of modesty and purity. Because of this, and because they symbolize a happy marriage, in many countries pearls are given as a wedding gift.
    Pearls in Legend:
    Pearls were once thought to be the tears of God. The ancient Greeks believed that wearing pearls would promote marital bliss and prevent newlywed women from crying. During the Crusades in the Middle Ages, pearls were the gift of choice for a knight to give to his lady. During the 14th and 15th centuries, royal wedding scenes closely resembled a sea of pearls, with everyone from the bride down to her male guests adorned with impressive arrays of pearl jewelry. In modern times, cultured pearls have graced such 20th century brides as Queen Elizabeth II, the late Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and Elizabeth Taylor.

I have some pearls, wear them once in a blue moon, usually with a black polo neck jumper or something.