Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > Royal Ramblings
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

Rate this Entry

Update on Armani

Submit "Update on Armani" to Digg Submit "Update on Armani" to del.icio.us Submit "Update on Armani" to StumbleUpon Submit "Update on Armani" to Google
Posted 12-18-2014 at 06:26 PM by angieluvboo

A lot of people have asked me how my little niece, Armani is. For those who don't know, I have a 3yo niece (my little sister's daughter) who suffers from TONS of seizures on a daily basis. My sister, her husband, and little Armani moved to Colorado in the Spring in hopes of trying medicinal marijuana for the seizures.

So, here's the update. They couldn't put Armani on the waiting list for the medicine until she was actually a Colorado resident and had a red card. So, when they moved to Colorado in the Spring, they got that taken care and were placed on the list.

While waiting, my sister got a couple of therapists to work with Armani on her development (because the seizures are so detrimental to her development). She is also able to get Armani lower dosages of the "magic medicine" that she's waiting on. Not nearly as much as she needs, but even this little bit has stopped a few of the seizures.

Also, there's a wonderful program there that trains parents of disabled children to become personal nurses for their child. My guess is that they don't have enough nurses in the state to cover all of the children who have moved to Colorado to get their seizures under control. So, my sister went through the program, and is now a certified nurse and her assigned patient is Armani! She gets a weekly salary for this, which is awesome.

She was just told last week that it's her turn to get the magical medicine! So, it's been ordered and should arrive within the next few weeks. We're praying this will greatly improve Armani's condition. I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks everyone for your prayers, support, and concern!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5431 Comments 5 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Thanks so much for the update Angie! I've been wondering how Armani and her family have been doing and have had my fingers crossed. It's nice to get a bit of good news these days!
  2. Old Comment
    Thanks for the update!<3
    Keep up updated! I hope this helps her, bless!
  3. Old Comment
    really wonderful news angie
  4. Old Comment
    Aw, that's so good to hear
  5. Old Comment
    So happy to hear this news Angie!