Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

I have been wanting somewhere to record different Diva Chix fashion notes. Not sure if this is the place, but it seems like it might work.

I sometimes have trouble finding things. And when I do, I may not be able to find them again.

Like plus size clothes, white or grey hair, all gold or silver purses, ...

So I am going to try and record them here... Maybe it will help someone else, too.
Old

(BC5) Books...

Posted 09-27-2015 at 01:54 AM by fashionchallenged (Random Diva Chix fashion notes)

I have a book series I am working my way through. Tim Dorsey's Serge Storms books. Randy Wayne White's Doc Ford books. And trying to find some older series, Mrs Pollifax, Inspector Otani, Nero Wolfe, ...

And if I see a review for something that looks interesting I will stick in my Amazon wishlist to buy later.

I tend to read Mysteries.

I have been reading some ... I guess it is called History. Battle of Wits (about code breaking in World War...
Security Supervisor
Senior Community Moderator
Guild Moderator
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3614 Comments 1 fashionchallenged is offline Edit Tags
Old

(BC4) Back to School?

Posted 09-27-2015 at 01:44 AM by fashionchallenged (Random Diva Chix fashion notes)

It has been so long since I was in school.

And we don't have any kids.

So ... Back to School only really affects driving. More buses and the crossing zones are back to the usual schedule. Summer school schedule is different from the rest of the year. And they tend to get lazy around here and the school zones tend to have the speed signs and flashing lights on even during school breaks.

I know people get excited about Back to School sales, but that means more...
Security Supervisor
Guild Moderator
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2315 Comments 0 fashionchallenged is offline Edit Tags
Old

(BC3) Hobbies - what counts as a hobby anyway?

Posted 09-27-2015 at 01:42 AM by fashionchallenged (Random Diva Chix fashion notes)

What do I do in my spare time.

Well, there is Diva Chix. And I usually have a book I am reading and word or number puzzles in my purse. I have been playing a version of Rummy on my tablet a lot lately. And when I do laundry, I take one of the cats outside and we sit in front of the garage - I will read or do puzzles and he will sleep or pretend he is going to chase a squirrel or bunny.

Do those count as hobbies or does it need to be something more ... crafty or...
Security Supervisor
Guild Moderator
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4015 Comments 1 fashionchallenged is offline Edit Tags
Old

(BC2) Fashion - or my idea of it anyway...

Posted 09-27-2015 at 01:39 AM by fashionchallenged (Random Diva Chix fashion notes)

I really am fashion challenged. My idea of coordinating an outfit for work was a color worn with black or white. Everyday wear is jeans and tshirts. But I am trying for more feminine looking items and more color. Stepping out of my comfort zone.

So the shirts are more woven than knit and 3/4 length sleeves with a Henley look and less fitted with a little more flow.

It seems like I have been buying a lot of clothing lately, but I needed some new clothes. So some jeans,...
Security Supervisor
Guild Moderator
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2284 Comments 0 fashionchallenged is offline Edit Tags
Old

(BC1) Upcoming TV shows

Posted 09-27-2015 at 01:37 AM by fashionchallenged (Random Diva Chix fashion notes)

The fall season doesn't have the same feel that it used to. The different stations/shows have different season premiere dates. It is nice having the cable channels having new episodes when the networks are showing repeats, but ... It felt bigger or more important when all the shows were starting the same week and before DVRs and Netflix.

Season 3 of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries just started on my local PBS - and I have already finished watching it on Netflix.

Security Supervisor
Guild Moderator
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4280 Comments 2 fashionchallenged is offline Edit Tags