Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > non sequiturs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

1. Old Comment

Octoooober!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sobriquet View Comment
    Ugh, isn't that always how it is?!
    I can never get what I want on netflix half the time.
    The show is similar to the Munsters, in that it is innocent etc. I didn't start watching that show until the 80s, but I was hooked on it. I love the old tv shows. Not a fan of black and white, but there is something about a lot of the old shows that I just love
    Yeah! It's so frustrating! Like please Netflix just have this show and this movie available when I need it! hahah
    I'll definitely give it a try once I manage to find it!
  2. Old Comment

Octoooober!

Ugh, isn't that always how it is?!
    I can never get what I want on netflix half the time.
    The show is similar to the Munsters, in that it is innocent etc. I didn't start watching that show until the 80s, but I was hooked on it. I love the old tv shows. Not a fan of black and white, but there is something about a lot of the old shows that I just love
  3. Old Comment

Octoooober!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sobriquet View Comment
    I loved the Munsters, I watched them in reruns in the 70s as a kid. You should watch the Addams family show too. The movies were good, but I loved the show!
    I love how you did your nails, and those polish colors look awesome! I especially love the zwpt color. I have a thing for dark blue/black nail polish
    I'll definitely give The Addams Family show a try! I was considering doing that, but they don't have it on Netflix ughhh so I'll have to get ahold of it first!
    Thank you! I'm also a huge fan of dark polish so I'm super stoked to use ZWPT.
  4. Old Comment

Octoooober!

I loved the Munsters, I watched them in reruns in the 70s as a kid. You should watch the Addams family show too. The movies were good, but I loved the show!
    I love how you did your nails, and those polish colors look awesome! I especially love the zwpt color. I have a thing for dark blue/black nail polish
  5. Old Comment

11:21

Quote:
    Originally Posted by glass_star View Comment
    Remember how happy I was when I first got my braces on too! Mine never hurt either, which I didn't expect because everyone rants and raves about how painful it is!
    Exactly! I was expecting to be in like a world of hurt. hahah but they didn't really cut my cheeks or anything! I wore wax for like three nights, I think, but mostly for precaution in case they did cut my cheeks while I was sleeping. But it's been okay! Some of my teeth are extra sensitive some days, but I guess that's just part of it. haha
  6. Old Comment

11:21

Remember how happy I was when I first got my braces on too! Mine never hurt either, which I didn't expect because everyone rants and raves about how painful it is!
  7. Old Comment

Braceface

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EverDream View Comment
    I had braces for about a year and a half when I was just a little 13-year old. My teeth weren't that bad, but it still sucked.

1. It will be painful when you first get them on and whenever you have to get them tightened. But the pain doesn't last forever - the worst will be when you first get them on. Once you get used to how they feel after you get them tightened, it won't be so bad.

2. I had light blue! They actually looked really cool. I tried darker blue as well, but it didn't look as nice. But you have the option to change the colour each time you get them tightened, so you have room to experiment!

3. Brushing, brushing and mouthwash. And avoid eating too much sugar. My ortho gave me this fancy little brush that fits between the gaps in the wires.

4. Gum is the biggest one, but also things like gummy candies will wreak havoc on your braces. Hard food - like mints, hard candy and popcorn - can break the brackets off if you chew on them. It's best to stick to soft stuff when you first get them on until you get used to how they feel. But your orthodontist will be able to fill you in on what you can and can't eat.

5. Plan to go out and buy five packs of gum the day you get your braces off to celebrate!

Aw Bex that stinks! D: Ugh I'm so scared for the pain though. I hope it'll get less worse after each time I tighten them. I'm thinking light blue, purple, and black right now so I'll probably give those a try (at different times ofc because I am NOT doing alternating colors haha). And yes, ugh gum. I love gum like once in a while but tbh I'm not a huge gum-chewer. I am also taking this as an opportunity to cut sweets in general haha. Thanks for all the tips! <333
  8. Old Comment

Braceface

I had braces for about a year and a half when I was just a little 13-year old. My teeth weren't that bad, but it still sucked.

1. It will be painful when you first get them on and whenever you have to get them tightened. But the pain doesn't last forever - the worst will be when you first get them on. Once you get used to how they feel after you get them tightened, it won't be so bad.

2. I had light blue! They actually looked really cool. I tried darker blue as well, but it didn't look as nice. But you have the option to change the colour each time you get them tightened, so you have room to experiment!

3. Brushing, brushing and mouthwash. And avoid eating too much sugar. My ortho gave me this fancy little brush that fits between the gaps in the wires.

4. Gum is the biggest one, but also things like gummy candies will wreak havoc on your braces. Hard food - like mints, hard candy and popcorn - can break the brackets off if you chew on them. It's best to stick to soft stuff when you first get them on until you get used to how they feel. But your orthodontist will be able to fill you in on what you can and can't eat.

5. Plan to go out and buy five packs of gum the day you get your braces off to celebrate!

9. Old Comment

Braceface

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ladylou View Comment
    I loved that cartoon!
    The only thing I can add is to brush your teeth after mealtimes because food bits can get stuck in the braces. I had to wear mine for two and a half years too!
    Yeah, it's a classic! haha
    Thanks for the advice! I feel like it's going to be a bit gross having to pick out food from my braces.
  10. Old Comment

Braceface

I loved that cartoon!
    The only thing I can add is to brush your teeth after mealtimes because food bits can get stuck in the braces. I had to wear mine for two and a half years too!
  11. Old Comment

Braceface

that animation looks familar
    Posted 03-22-2014 at 03:31 PM by ocean_crumbles ocean_crumbles is offline
  12. Old Comment

Braceface

Quote:
    Originally Posted by retrobarbie View Comment
    1- they're pretty painful. I had mine for three years and the pain doesn't improve with time like they said D: the first time you get them put on it's so painful but the tightenings made me cry!

2-I had all different colors. I got the colors changed every time I got them tightened. my favourites were blue and orange white stains so badly don't get white!

3- I made sure I got mini toothbrushes to get between my braces and I used listerene mouthwash because they clean them so well. avoiding coffee and smoking will make sure they stay white.

4- apples, steak, chewy sweets, gum, fizzy drinks, coffee, smoking ect. I ate all these things and my braces were fine haha.

5- retainers are the worst things ever. I had braces for three years and I felt so trapped but getting them off is the most incredible feeling!

good luck
    omg that sounds terrible, but thanks for the honesty! haha did you take any pain medication or anything? I'm definitely thinking baby blue and purple as of right now! But orange seems like a good one too! And I did hear that white stains super easily so I'll stay away from that. Oh nooo I love my Starbucks! But I guess it's a sacrifice I'll have to make. And I was definitely planning on getting some good mouthwash. I don't smoke so that's okay. That's awesome! I'm kind of iffy about the retainers too, especially the mold. I heard people gag and some people even puke lol grossss. Thank you so so much for the advice! <333

Quote:
    Originally Posted by _xkilltonight View Comment
    I've had bracessss! And I totally get what you mean about the whole teeth lingo, hahahah.

1. Well, I am pretty tolerant to pain so it wasn't too bad at all for me. I've had worse contraptions in my mouth that were much worse compared to the braces haha. The only "pain" I'd say is the uncomfortable feeling the first week after you first get them, and the same feeling a few days after you get them tightened every month or two. When I first put them on, I didn't feel anything because they were essentially sticking the braces and attaching the wire. It's just when they tighten it feels uncomfortable but it gets better over time.

2. I always got the darker colours to make my teeth look more white. I got the dark blue, greys and black. I didn't really want to bring that much attention to them by having like hot pink or alternating colours like they suggested.

3. Other than using a regular brush, I was also given the mini orthodontic brush that looks like this to clean in between the braces. They always offered new ones each time I went in for free so that was great. And of course, flossing. It's not as easy with braces because you have to use these, but they should teach you how to use them.

4. Yup, I never ate gum for those years because I didn't want to break anything. The first week was annoying because all I could eat was soup, jello and mashed potatoes and I personally hate soup, hahah. Slowly I was able to chew more so I got back to my old eating habits except for harder stuff. I also had to cut fruits in smaller pieces since you can't really just bite out of an apple, etc.

5. Just know at the end it will be worth it because you will have beautiful teeth!

Good luck, bb.
    Yeah, I've heard that's when it's the worst. Someone said it feels like all your teeth are loose and that it feels like you could pull them out. omggggasdfghjkl I feel like I'm pretty sensitive when it comes to my mouth though so I have no idea. :\ I hope it's more of an annoying feeling rather than actual pain ugh.
    I actually heard the same thing that they make your teeth look whiter! I'm actually thinking about getting black now hahah. I'm really bad at flossing regularly so that's definitely something I'm going to have to get better at haha. But, like I said, I don't want to have icky teeth so I'm using everything they give me. hahaha it's a good thing I'm a soup lover then, but I do feel like the no-eating-anything-hard-at-first part will suuuuck. I'm holding onto that silver lining! ahah thanks bb! <3
  13. Old Comment

Braceface

I've had bracessss! And I totally get what you mean about the whole teeth lingo, hahahah.

1. Well, I am pretty tolerant to pain so it wasn't too bad at all for me. I've had worse contraptions in my mouth that were much worse compared to the braces haha. The only "pain" I'd say is the uncomfortable feeling the first week after you first get them, and the same feeling a few days after you get them tightened every month or two. When I first put them on, I didn't feel anything because they were essentially sticking the braces and attaching the wire. It's just when they tighten it feels uncomfortable but it gets better over time.

2. I always got the darker colours to make my teeth look more white. I got the dark blue, greys and black. I didn't really want to bring that much attention to them by having like hot pink or alternating colours like they suggested.

3. Other than using a regular brush, I was also given the mini orthodontic brush that looks like this to clean in between the braces. They always offered new ones each time I went in for free so that was great. And of course, flossing. It's not as easy with braces because you have to use these, but they should teach you how to use them.

4. Yup, I never ate gum for those years because I didn't want to break anything. The first week was annoying because all I could eat was soup, jello and mashed potatoes and I personally hate soup, hahah. Slowly I was able to chew more so I got back to my old eating habits except for harder stuff. I also had to cut fruits in smaller pieces since you can't really just bite out of an apple, etc.

5. Just know at the end it will be worth it because you will have beautiful teeth!

Good luck, bb.
  14. Old Comment

Braceface

1- they're pretty painful. I had mine for three years and the pain doesn't improve with time like they said D: the first time you get them put on it's so painful but the tightenings made me cry!

2-I had all different colors. I got the colors changed every time I got them tightened. my favourites were blue and orange white stains so badly don't get white!

3- I made sure I got mini toothbrushes to get between my braces and I used listerene mouthwash because they clean them so well. avoiding coffee and smoking will make sure they stay white.

4- apples, steak, chewy sweets, gum, fizzy drinks, coffee, smoking ect. I ate all these things and my braces were fine haha.

5- retainers are the worst things ever. I had braces for three years and I felt so trapped but getting them off is the most incredible feeling!

good luck
  15. Old Comment

D5 ; Brasil!

Oi!
    Eu acho legal também porque é meio raro hahaha
  16. Old Comment

D5 ; Brasil!

Legal ver brasileiros aqui rsrs
  17. Old Comment

Sprummer Mixtape

i prefer the FlicFlac edit as well, makes it even better :3
  18. Old Comment

Sprummer Mixtape

yes and yesss <33

I think riptide is such a perfect song and the original is amazing on its own, but I did like the FlicFlac edit quite a bit too!
  19. Old Comment

Sprummer Mixtape

riptide + bombay bicycle club <3 <3
  20. Old Comment

my body's a zombie for you

yeah I get that I think that girl used toilet paper and glue haha. Not really sure. She did it right next to me. But hey, whatever works! XD
    Posted 11-01-2013 at 11:59 PM by ocean_crumbles ocean_crumbles is offline