Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > phoenix_whisperer
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

Rate this Entry

DC is getting boring for me.

Submit "DC is getting boring for me." to Digg Submit "DC is getting boring for me." to del.icio.us Submit "DC is getting boring for me." to StumbleUpon Submit "DC is getting boring for me." to Google
Posted 12-18-2009 at 02:14 PM by sunshiniite
Updated 12-18-2009 at 02:26 PM by sunshiniite

I just can't play DC anymore !
I must admit, that I'm really grateful for everything that Angie&Sharon&Trishy and the rest of the staff does. But I just can't play DC anymore ! It's so boring for me now. Nothing much excites me anymore. I'm happy for all the updates and everything but I'm not as happy as before,anymore.

I've been in TOP 50 for over a year. And THEN suddenly I went down. Now I'm just dancing up and down between 50-60. No matter what I do, I could never get back in TOP 50 again. Now matter if I enter events, or not. It creeps and bores me out. I couldn't even vote anymore ! It's so boring seeing the same designs, the similar/same colors every week, the same shading, and so on. DC forums isn't very much either.. CYO section get worse and worse, as people do only the same things, - chat in the C&C thread and restock thread, check freebie thread, and ask for designers and secretaries. Revolution DC gets a bit more boring now as well. I'm not saying that the team leaders are bad and not doing anything ! I actually appreciate all their work they've done towards everything there. Graphics section isn't too bad..

I've been making designs for my shop lately. But I'm no good,I think. What's the point of making a shop thread and stuff like that if people usually go and buy stuff from the same shops? People don't change much. I must say that, because I can see that. Always the most talented people win. Who knows? Maybe everything might change with V4, but I'm not very sure about that. A lot things will change and will be better. I love the fact that we are going to have new layers. But how will all designers and shop owners find time to make something for each layer? It would take forever. Even just a normal dress takes up few hours unless you're an expert and could do everything and anything fast. But I'm sure that no one in our community is one of those people. I might be wrong though.

I'm not saying that I'm sick of seeing the unique outfits and designs. I love seeing them.
I guess I hate the whole CYO thing.. There are pros and cons. But I do see more cons than pros. I love seeing that some people use CYO to make unique designs. I mean it-VERY unique.So unique that it makes me want to have that design. I totally appreciate those people who do that. But I don't see the point of CYO if you use it just for dressing up your dollie with the latest fashion. It's sort of okay to re-make an item, but using real clothes and just resize them... doesn't seem very right to me. The Diva is cartoon, for goodness sake ! It's like adding real clothes/textures/items of clothing on a paper doll in real life. Is that okay in your opinion? Shouldn't the paper doll have paper clothes? I think so.

My graphics suck as well. Even though some people say they love them. But..I just don't. They seem nothing comparing to someone else's, who is amazing at making them. I just don't seem to have the talent.

Basically I love almost everything about DC. I appreciate everyone's work who has put something into it. It's so amazing to see people doing this..everything.

However, there are things that I can't wait to see and have .x
I can't wait for the DC Christmas Treasure Hunt. I hope you'll make it damn hard,Debz ! I already have 2-1st place trophies ;D
I can't wait to see the new layout, totally !
And few other things..

I just feel out of this.. :[
/endrant

Btw, what is your opinion about CYO? Please explain if so. I'd like to know your thoughts.

Oh, should I actually put this blog entry in the Negative Feedback forum? I'm not sure..
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1370 Comments 9 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 9

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Wow guys, you seem very silent today ;[
    Posted 12-18-2009 at 03:17 PM by phoenix_whisperer phoenix_whisperer is offline
  2. Old Comment
    I know how you feel,
    I just cant get up a rank?!
    Ive been like 400 like EVER,
    So its kinda boring for me too
  3. Old Comment
    Literaly speaking,
    Ive moved 3 ranks up since my last post on your blog,
    IN THE LAST 5 MINUTES!
  4. Old Comment
    ^Haha, lucky.
    I can't even get 1 rank up for days. However, I'm too...err... bored to do any events. :/
    Posted 12-18-2009 at 04:36 PM by phoenix_whisperer phoenix_whisperer is offline
  5. Old Comment
    I stopped playing the game months ago, my rank has slipped down from early 200's to 405, but today was the first time I logged onto the game in weeks- it just doesn't interest me anymore.
    I do come on the forums for about 20 minutes per day still, so I do aim to post on a daily basis. I'm just so busy, all of the time!
  6. Old Comment
    Why am I lucky?
    I meant I moved up Which is bad,..
    You need to get down to get closer to 1
  7. Old Comment
    lol rofl
  8. Old Comment
    oh,lol.
    I thought you went up, in a better rank way xD
    Posted 12-18-2009 at 06:13 PM by phoenix_whisperer phoenix_whisperer is offline
  9. Old Comment
    I completely agree. I love seeing unique outfits, but it seems lately that almost everyone is wearing the same outfit in a different color. Voting gets so boring also because oflooking at the same battles over and over. The time I come online, the forums can be so quiet.I left for a few months and came back, which made it better, but now that I've been back for awhile, it's just gotten boring again. So, Yes I do agree.
    Updated 07-03-2010 at 05:31 AM by icarly111892