Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > Teenage D i r t b a g
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

♪ 'Cause I'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby ♪

Rate this Entry

How to convince your parents?

Submit "How to convince your parents?" to Digg Submit "How to convince your parents?" to del.icio.us Submit "How to convince your parents?" to StumbleUpon Submit "How to convince your parents?" to Google
Posted 04-06-2012 at 12:03 PM by glass_star

So here's the deal. My room is tiny. I mean tiny! The bathroom is bigger. But my dad has a room he built down the back of the room that he never uses. My mothers friend suggested I make it my room, and my mother agreed that it was a good idea. But, she said I have to ask my dad. Now my dad and I have never quite seen eye to eye, so I was wondering, when you guys suggest things to you parents, are there any tips or tricks yous would like to share?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1424 Comments 3 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    hm. well, i usually try to approach them at a time when i know they're not irritable. at all. that's key. if i go to my mom, she can't be busy doing bills or something that needs her whole attention or if she's focused on a television show, so i need to catch her when it's just us or if the topic comes up. NEVER NAG. with my mother its an automatic no if i nag her. with my father too. he can handle a little snow job too, so be extra nice but not in an obvious way. what works with him too is if he immediately starts saying something like 'but i have plans to do this in the yard' or 'cant it wait?'. he'll freak out if his plans are disturbed, but if i calm him down a bit and say 'oh i was only asking. whenever you get to it is fine' he'll usually come around and agree to it. asking for a room though, you might need to have a good reason but be really understanding if he says no at first. just give off the vibe that you are his best child and that it wont lead to an argument, and you should do fine.
  2. Old Comment
    Thanks! I will definitely take all that into consideration! That's all very helpful!
  3. Old Comment
    oh yes, follow digitalkiss's advice. You should come up with a good reason why you need the room (:
    Posted 04-06-2012 at 07:58 PM by hidingbutterflies hidingbutterflies is offline