Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > ♥ x The Spirit of Blogging x ♥
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

“Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent”

Read and Comment
Rate this Entry

Ugh, this comment makes me scream!

Submit "Ugh, this comment makes me scream!" to Digg Submit "Ugh, this comment makes me scream!" to del.icio.us Submit "Ugh, this comment makes me scream!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ugh, this comment makes me scream!" to Google
Posted 08-18-2011 at 03:19 AM by xLittlexCMxPunkx

Ok so in band, we were doing some intense drills and even some of the seniors weren't marching. ninety percent of the band were not because of the heat and the length of the drill. That's where i kept losing my place and tried to help somewhat get the line back but anyway the main thing happened after. This friend of mine was getting on my case for not 'highstepping'...if you weren't watching, i WAS highstepping until half way through when I legitimately had a huge cramp in my thigh. I went onward to say my arm was getting insanely tired from holding it up for the longest freakin' time. He plays a snare drum for the percussion section but he does different marching. He knows what a high step looks like and should be like. I know what I'm doing wrong and right. I'm confident in my abilities unless if i can't hear for my life. REGARDLESS, THIS STATEMENT ALWAYS UNDER ANY CONDITION TICKS ME OFF:

" The flute is easy!"

...coming from a TROMBONE AND A PERCUSSIONIST! like seriously. have you NOT tried to play a flute or a piccolo?Let me tell ya. It isn't a walk in the park. Trombones have to hold theirs out in front of them pointing upward. the flutes have to hold the flutes to the SIDE of us pointing at an above parallel. We have to do so much and we NEVER get heard because of the brass section always being so obnoxious. 8 piccolos and 7 flutes have to play over like 30 trumpets, 25 clarinets, and like a million other instruments. I don't mind it as I enjoy being a flute player and I'm up for a challenge. However, it ticks me off when another instrument thinks the flutes have it easy when we really don't. "Oh the keys are easy"...you mean notes right? Yeah after a while they are. There is more to playing a flute than jsut the notes. If you are not using right breathing, it sounds like absolute grossness.

Morale of the Story: Don't JUDGE other instruments when you never played them,

Christina <3
Posted in About Me!
Views 1361 Comments 4 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    i tried playing my friends flute once, and i almost died trying to breathe lo.
  2. Old Comment
    My band teacher says that it took her forever to actually make a sound with her flute. She thinks it is actually one of the hardest instruments to play.
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tuxedolibido View Comment
    i tried playing my friends flute once, and i almost died trying to breathe lo.
    lol i remember my first day playing flute...it failed...miserably. But you just gotta keep going rofl
    Posted 08-19-2011 at 12:32 AM by xLittlexCMxPunkx xLittlexCMxPunkx is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kittyette1 View Comment
    My band teacher says that it took her forever to actually make a sound with her flute. She thinks it is actually one of the hardest instruments to play.
    oh i know. heck, it has taken me nearly 5 years to actually play something with dignity rofl this september will be my fifth anniversary of getting my flute/starting so yeah. You gotta know how to play each note, there are many scales to learn, how to tune it, and it's frustrating LOL!
    Posted 08-19-2011 at 12:34 AM by xLittlexCMxPunkx xLittlexCMxPunkx is offline