Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > Musings and Frogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

Or in other words, whatever I feel like rambling about today, with a dash of poetry and fiction thrown in
Rate this Entry

Theres always that one girl....

Submit "Theres always that one girl...." to Digg Submit "Theres always that one girl...." to del.icio.us Submit "Theres always that one girl...." to StumbleUpon Submit "Theres always that one girl...." to Google
Posted 05-26-2012 at 03:04 PM by Wingless

So I went to Vespers last night and because its a three-day weekend and not too many people are on campus, the service was held in the smaller chapel next to the church. They opted out of using mics, and it was kinda nice just to sing with acoustic guitar in a small room, even if I couldn't remember all the words now that they aren't up on the projector XD

ANYWAYS, as we were singing there was this one girl, only ONE, who decided she was going to sing harmony. You could hear her above everyone else and she was adding little rifts occasionally and it just....I know I've hear that harmony is harder to sing than melody, and as I said, your voice stands out more when you're singing different notes than everyone else, so this is something that's always bugged me

I don't know, it just strikes me as kind of pretentious. What's wrong with just singing melody? Why do you have to draw attention to yourself by singing harmony when NO ONE else in the room is.

There are always at least a handful of girls that sing harmony when we have the majority of the campus around, and it still bugs me then, too. Perhaps I'm being too jugdemental though.....
Views 1079 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments