Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > Royal Ramblings
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

American Idol - Week 1 (Girls Night)

Submit "American Idol - Week 1 (Girls Night)" to Digg Submit "American Idol - Week 1 (Girls Night)" to del.icio.us Submit "American Idol - Week 1 (Girls Night)" to StumbleUpon Submit "American Idol - Week 1 (Girls Night)" to Google
Posted 02-24-2010 at 12:55 PM by angieluvboo

Like many other Americans, I'm glued to American Idol on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights!

Each week, I'll give my reviews of the performances.

Overall, I'll say this is the most unique bunch of girls they have had. So, I'm excited about that and can't wait to see how they interpret all the different themes. Pics of contestants if ya need em.

Paige Miles - All Right Now
I really don't like this girl for some reason lol. Isn't she the one who stole the other group's song during Hollywood week? Already a strike in my book! Ya'll know I hate copy cats lol. And that comment about wanting to go pee was so tacky. BUT I have to give props where they are due. She made an unpredictable song choice and she really sounded great. Maybe if she sticks around I'll grow to like her lol.
Rating: 9 (grrr lol)

Ashley Rodriguez - Happy
She's really pretty, isn't she? But I wasn't moved by her performance. She has a nice voice but she just didn't wow me at all.
Rating: 7

Janell Wheeler - What About Love
I loved her Estelle performance in Hollywood. I also loved her song choice last night, however she sounded a mess to me. It was all over the place and she didn't show much control.
Rating: 6

Lilly Scott - Fixing A Hole
She is so different. I love her! Loved the song choice and would so buy her album! I agree with Simon about the lack of "star power" but it's just week 1. Hopefully she'll grow more confidence as she goes on.
Rating: 9

Katelyn Epperly - Oh Darling
Um, she sounded really good and I think she's a great singer but I feel like I can hear this anywhere. There was absolutely nothing distinctive about her sound. If I heard her on the radio, I wouldn't be able to identify her at all. Very forgettable.

Haeley Vaughn - I Wanna Hold Your Hand
oooh, I love me some Haeley! She's one of my favs of the season. SO unique! That being said, she definitely needs some coaching. She has the voice, uniqueness, and star power. However, I can imagine getting quite irritated if I had to listen to a whole album of her shrilling. She's only 16; I think with some voice training, she'd be perfect! Sidenote: Do you know she's the VFTW pick?! They are morons!
Rating: 8

Lacey Brown - Landslide
I love her look. That red hair and those luscious lips - super sexy! I really liked her song choice and I really like her voice too - it's very distinctive. I thought the judges were really hard on her. I liked her performance a lot and I hope she gets enough votes to stay .

Michelle Delamor - Fallin'
Fallen by Alicia Keys? Really?! Are you really going to be that predictable? GAWD! Please send her home. Yeh, she changed the arrangement a bit but not enough to make it her own. That song is just too hard to make your own because it's SOOOOO overly done. Michelle is a pretty face with a nice voice, but she's no artist.
Rating: 6

Didi Benami - The Way I Am
Excellent song choice! I love her voice - another unique sound. However, she looked so uncomfortable on stage. I'm sure she was nervous. I'll give her a pass since this was the first week lol.

Siobhan Magnus - Wicked Game
She is so weird. She kinda scares me a lil bit. lol. Um, her song was ok I guess. I couldn't get past the weirdness, unfortunately. Gosh, I'm terrible lol. I'm all for uniqueness, but be different not weird. rofl
Rating: 5

Crystal Bowersox - Hand in My Pocket
I like her! I kinda mix her up with Lilly lol. She sang Alanis Morissette so that was a plus already with me (I love her!). Crystal did a pretty good job but I did NOT like her playing that harmonica. Hope she leaves that thing backstage next time. rofl

Katie Stevens - Feeling Good
Ellen was absolutely right when she said Katie's song choice was too old for her. I found myself quite bored with her performance, even though the vocal was ok. For an introductory performance, I wish she had chosen something to show off her youthful personality (assuming she has one).

So there ya go folks. My favorites of the night were Lilly and Didi. My predictions for elimination are Paige and Lacy (boohoohoo).
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2987 Comments 15 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 15

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Dang woman - you got detailed! I haven't been watching that closely this year... I don't know why. But I hope that it starts getting better.
  2. Old Comment
    *cough* don't you write the Idol recaps for Pulse?

EDIT: Oh! that's Court. My bad lmao! See I get you twins mixed up and I can't even see you! rofl
  3. Old Comment
    :O

that's all i have to say.
  4. Old Comment
    My favs are: Crystal, Haeley, Didi, Sio, Lilly and Janell (though some of these did mess up) but I am hoping that they make it through, at this point anyway. But some of the others might grow on me lol. I am really looking forward to the boys tomorrow!

P.S. Ang that is inspriedxwords Kait's sister who does the American idol article on Pulse lol.
  5. Old Comment
    Why does everyone like Sio??? She doesn't scare you?! She scares the bejeebies out of me. I would be terrified to go to a concert of hers.
  6. Old Comment
    I honestly hate the girls they have this year. Most of them are reallyy horrible.

The only one I like is Lilly. She has to be my favorite this year.

I think the guys are going to win, but I may be wrong. I like the one guy, urrrgh; i forget his name. But; his wife just had a baby during Hollywood week (:
    ^^
    Yea, he's my favorite this year

I <3 American Idol hhaaha
  7. Old Comment
    that's Big Mike! lol.

I like Todrick from the boys. But I haven't heard them all sing yet. I'll do a boy's blog after I watch tonight's episode.
  8. Old Comment
    Lol, I knew his name was Big Mike, but I forgot if that was actually it

Lol...I cant wait to watch tonight's
  9. Old Comment
    I love lilly,she is my fave female contestant. Also,I think Crystal really impressed me. Siobhan is very unique & I appreciate her for that. My fave guys are Andrew & Casey,but I really like the 16 year old guy,too
  10. Old Comment
    Crystal & Didi are my predictions FTW. We'll see
  11. Old Comment
    Sio scares me, too!!
    Something about her is horrifying. I'm all for being different and quirky, but she takes it like 10x the limit.

I really liked Katelyn Epperly, or whatever her name is. She seems original to me, and I love her choice of song. <3

I also liked Crystal, she's great. But, my question is, will she be able to really stand out and perform without the harmonica and guitar?

Great review, Angie<3
    xo.
  12. Old Comment
    I do NOT like Sioban.
    *twitch*
    I loved Didi's performance. And Crystal's was okay.
    But the girls this year are just meh. No one AMAZING.
  13. Old Comment
    Finally! Callie and Feebz see that Sio is weird too! lol. I honestly don't see what's to like.

Anyway, my elimination predictions were wrong. I'm fine with Ashley leaving but I was hoping to see more from Janell. Oh well, I won't cry about it or nothing lol. Can't wait til next week!
  14. Old Comment
    Yeah didn't think Janell would go that is a shame.
  15. Old Comment
    I was so gutted to see Janell go home! I loved her American Boy performance during Hollywood week.

Not too fussed with Ashley going home, I didn't think she was that good!

I lovee Crystal and Didi!

I've been trying my best to steer clear of your blog entries Angie! So that I wouldn't ruin the results for myself