Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > The BeyHive
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

Rate this Entry

Why My Self Esteem Is Low.

Submit "Why My Self Esteem Is Low." to Digg Submit "Why My Self Esteem Is Low." to del.icio.us Submit "Why My Self Esteem Is Low." to StumbleUpon Submit "Why My Self Esteem Is Low." to Google
Posted 02-11-2012 at 10:52 PM by itsmik3y

I dont know if anybody knows this, but i have VERY low self esteem. I hate looking at myself, i hate mirrors, i hate taking pictures, i hate anything that has to do with my looks. I think i'm ugly, and honestly Fugly. But everyone always said
"omg your cute"
"Your so adorable"
"your eyes are amazing"
my boyfriend even says
"your the best looking guy ive ever been with"
So i thought to myself,
"maybe im just wrong about how i think i look."
So i decided to put myself on tumblr and see how many notes i get.
Well the results...
then i thought,
It has to be society and the way america defines "Attractive"
everybody finds things like this attractive...

Chiseled Face, Juicy Lips, Piercing Eyes, Short Hair.
Thats what america has proven is "attractive" for a guy.
and i know.
IM NONE OF THAT.
i dont have any of those qualities.
so there for,
in americas eyes.
im ugly.
hence why the way i feel about myself is negative.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1699 Comments 12 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 12

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Not everyone finds that attractive, in fact all of those pictures, the guys aren't that great looking (actually they look terrible). You aren't ugly, especially not fugly. Don't think of yourself in that way. ♥

Americans and they way they see and define "beauty" and what is "pretty" is wayyyy off. Don't think that you have to look or sound a certain way.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by madame_x View Comment
    Not everyone finds that attractive, in fact all of those pictures, the guys aren't that great looking (actually they look terrible). You aren't ugly, especially not fugly. Don't think of yourself in that way. ♥

Americans and they way they see and define "beauty" and what is "pretty" is wayyyy off. Don't think that you have to look or sound a certain way.
    i know i dont have to look a certain way.
    but i just wish i was considered "attractive" in the american eye.
    and its sad how "attractive" is in America.
  3. Old Comment
    Honesty, I think you are very attractive. I know how you feel though. I feel like that quite often actually. Don't buy into all the Tumblr stuff. 2 notes isn't bad because, quite honestly, at the pace tumblr goes at- it is super easy to miss things. And with those kids in the pics getting all the notes..well it's because they are "tumblr mainstream"- I didn't even know who they were for the longest time. I don't even think they are that good looking. Don't let this one thing get to you. <3
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xKPandCo View Comment
    Honesty, I think you are very attractive. I know how you feel though. I feel like that quite often actually. Don't buy into all the Tumblr stuff. 2 notes isn't bad because, quite honestly, at the pace tumblr goes at- it is super easy to miss things. And with those kids in the pics getting all the notes..well it's because they are "tumblr mainstream"- I didn't even know who they were for the longest time. I don't even think they are that good looking. Don't let this one thing get to you. <3
    I don't even know who the guys in the pictures are.
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by itsmik3y View Comment
    i know i dont have to look a certain way.
    but i just wish i was considered "attractive" in the american eye.
    and its sad how "attractive" is in America.
    Sadly you have to be plastic to be attractive to most people. And you are attractive to more people then you think.
  6. Old Comment
    to be honest, I think you're cute, that's what I thought when I saw your video
    Posted 02-11-2012 at 11:55 PM by hidingbutterflies hidingbutterflies is offline
  7. Old Comment
    I don't find any of those guys attractive, beauty comes from inside. who cares if "america" thinks you're attractive. once you can accept it and think it , others will too. I went thro the i'm so ugly , and fugly time, but eventually I believed I am beautiful and who gives a crap if someone disagrees, they arnt stuck in my body. anywho the moral of the story is that i finally accepted myself and good things happened :]
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by madame_x View Comment
    I don't even know who the guys in the pictures are.
    Haha, once you're on tumblr enough- you'll find out. (One Direction..right?)
  9. Old Comment
    Quote:
    yeah.
    one direction. francisco something. and then Jake
  10. Old Comment
    Confidence is attractive. Personality is attractive. You need to believe in yourself before you will believe other people do actually believe in you
  11. Old Comment
    Quote:
    I'm almost always on Tumblr and still didn't know. rofl
  12. Old Comment
    So are you considered unattractive in Japan, Italy, Brazil, France, Mexico.....Singapore, Saudi Arabia or....Denmark.........Madagascar..........New Zealand, Solomon Islands, anywhere in Canada.................The Congo too?
    Updated 03-14-2012 at 10:46 AM by draguta