Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > (bo)blog
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

Rate this Entry

MD3 - Ice Ice Baby

Submit "MD3 - Ice Ice Baby" to Digg Submit "MD3 - Ice Ice Baby" to del.icio.us Submit "MD3 - Ice Ice Baby" to StumbleUpon Submit "MD3 - Ice Ice Baby" to Google
Posted 09-16-2011 at 10:46 AM by bob

In my last post, I stated that I'm not into sports. There is one exception though: figure skating. I'm not interested in doing it, oh no, my sense of balance is terrible as is my physical coordination in general, and skates hurt my feet. But watching it is fun.

A part of my fascination with this sport definitely comes from the knowledge that I absolutely couldn't do it myself. Figure skaters seem like the ultimate athletes to me; they combine power and grace as if it were the most natural thing. Not only do they jump and spin and slide and float - they do it on ice. To a weak and clumsy person like myself, it looks like magic. They might as well be flying away on broomsticks.

I suppose I appreciate figure skating more as a form of art than a sport. The competition part of it doesn't interest me as much as watching a good performance. I do tend to get favourites while watching some championship, and of course it's fun if they win, but since I never really learned the rules, the judges and I don't always agree. That's fine, as long as I get to see some nice skating.

I'll finish of with a performance that's stuck in my mind as one of the most beautiful ones I've ever seen: US skater Johnny Weir's short program The Swan from the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin, Italy. Enjoy!

Posted in Dedication Week
Views 781 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments