Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > nosce te ipsum ♥
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

Banner by Steph

Rate this Entry

My Mother, My Hero

Submit "My Mother, My Hero" to Digg Submit "My Mother, My Hero" to del.icio.us Submit "My Mother, My Hero" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Mother, My Hero" to Google
Posted 05-05-2011 at 02:08 AM by tchelletx

" Life is tragic simply because the earth turns and the sun inexorably rises and sets, and one day, for each of us, the sun will go down for the last, last time. " - James A. Baldwin

I lost my Mom when I was sixteen years old and this quote helped me alot during that period. I had been depressed for awhile off and on when this happen, because my Grandmother passed away 10 months earlier. My Grandmother spoiled me non-stop and was one of the most amazing women, I've ever known. My Sister reminds me alot of my Mom, in the way she handles her children. She is loving and kind with them, but they know when she has had enough of their nonsense! My Mom could give you one look and you knew you were done for!

That reminds me of this time we were in the grocery store, and I decided to throw a temper tantrum right there! This is something I knew better than doing and I had never done. But, I really wanted these new erasers for school. So, in my pretty frilly Church dress I screamed and jumped up and down like a maniac. My Mom gave me this look and I could have died right there! I was so scared to go home. I really considered running away, for fear of what was going to happen behind closed doors! I of course was spanked, put on punishment, and put to bed without desert.

My Mother is my hero for showing me what it means to be a real woman. I know many people say it, but my Mom was the best! She was always there to talk about any and everything. Due to a divorce, she raised two outstanding daughters on her own and worked hard to give us what we needed.

Anytime I'm missing my Mom, I think about this quote and know that I have it in my to push on. Because, death is a natural part of life and it helps to smile through the memories, good and bad!
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    First off, I'm sorry you lost your mom at such a young age.
    I love this entry of yours Chelle. Really makes me think about how I am towards my mom. My mom's a great, great, great person. She's the one who works for the family and she's busy all the time. Sometimes I'd get angry at her for missing out on our plans because she's too busy with work. She really is a workaholic! lol She always tells me that she tries to grab every opportunity that comes her way so she doesn't have any regrets. She overworks herself like that. Even when she gets home, she still works. It's like there's no break for her at all. I appreciate all that she does for our family very much though. I know it's not easy doing whatever it is she does. XD Hope one day I'll be as hardworking as she is! I love love love love love my mom and I hope both her and my dad have many more long and healthy years to live along with me and my sister.
  2. Old Comment
    Tehehe!
    The things kids do just for one little thing.
    This was a very beautiful and sweet entry for your mom! It's tear jerking at the same time though!
    Your mother must've been a good woman!

Love you, Chelle!
    Posted 05-05-2011 at 10:28 AM by its_angel_love its_angel_love is offline