Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > artist0014545
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

Rate this Entry

Carpe Diem

Submit "Carpe Diem" to Digg Submit "Carpe Diem" to del.icio.us Submit "Carpe Diem" to StumbleUpon Submit "Carpe Diem" to Google
Posted 04-05-2011 at 01:19 PM by artist0014545

Posted originally on January 6, 2011 at teenage-dreamers.blogspot.com.

I'm a little bit sick of the way things have been running in my life for a while now. I've done some good things to change it, but I could still use more. Too often I find myself bored or simply wasting time on the computer doing things that will mean absolutely nothing tomorrow. That's why my motto for 2011 is Carpe Diem, or "Seize the Day" if you haven't been exposed to a decent film in your life.

I'm starting first with my blog. I actually really enjoy writing. And my blog is a pretty great way to let go of some stuff, throw myself out there, and get those creative juices flowing (which is not an expression, in fact, that only language arts teachers use.) Hopefully, I'll be able to write on here at least three times a week. And, as I become more active in writing, maybe more people will become active in viewing. Who knows?

Next I'm working on my health. That means, whether I like it or not, limiting my diet to healthier foods and running. No, this does not mean I'm going to stop eating anything like some anorexic freak. Knowing me, I don't think that would even be possible. What I mean is that I just won't be reaching for the extra cookie at lunch, or making it a habit to eat desert. As for exercise, I'd like to start running on my treadmill five times a week, then moving that up to every day, twenty minutes a day. Come spring, maybe I won't be dreading that mile quite so much.

And then there are my academics. I've become rather careless lately, and I want to be a little more thoughtful, and put an effort into learning as opposed to just barely getting by with an A. That's why shortly following writing this, I'll be studying with my mom. Yes, my mom. The best way to study is to teach, you know. And for all of you people who are thinking, "Wow, what a loser" I'm sure you'll be barely passing by with a "C-" on your next exam. Good luck. (Actually, not good luck. If you think I'm a loser for studying with my mom, you obviously suck and therefore deserve to get a C- on your next quiz, and run over by a truck.)

There's another thing. I've gone a bit overboard on sarcasm lately, and it can get to the point of nastiness. Oops. I want that to stop. Don't cry, though. I won't be losing my natural wittiness and clever humor. I'll just be using it for good, instead of evil. (Though sometimes for evil when the phrase is really, really clever.)

I hope this'll put my life back into some sort of perspective. And maybe after reading this, yours too. No one's life is perfect. There's always something we're not doing that we wish we would have, or something we wish we'd have said but were too shy to. Maybe, like me, you'll take the initiative and pull your life back together before it starts falling apart. I'm not saying I'm an expert. I'm nothing like that at all. But try, at least. Make your life worth it. Stop thinking about as every minute in Honors Bio or Math or Religion Class as a waste of time, because you've got to deal with it. You've got to deal with a lot of things. The best you can do is accept them, and go forth and seize the day.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1041 Comments 1 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    But don't get too wrapped up in grades and living a perfect life! Sometimes the best thing to do is take some time off and just enjoy being alive and doing nothing.

I agree with everything you said, though, I need to work on those things, too. Especially the sarcasm.