Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > artist0014545
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

Rate this Entry

Ten Thousand Tissues

Submit "Ten Thousand Tissues" to Digg Submit "Ten Thousand Tissues" to del.icio.us Submit "Ten Thousand Tissues" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ten Thousand Tissues" to Google
Posted 04-05-2011 at 09:36 AM by artist0014545

Posted originally on January 6, 2011 at teenage-dreamers.blogspot.com.

Okay, so I don't know if I have used that many so far. Nor do I desire to ever keep track of how many tissues I've used. But I can tell you one thing that's definitely the truth: being sick sucks.

It's that feeling of weakness that pushes back at your shoulders when you try to get up in the morning. It's the way your voice cracks when you're in the middle of talking to someone, or when all of a sudden in class, you just start coughing, and you can't stop. It's the worst feeling, and probably why I haven't been blogging lately. I just haven't had the muse, although I've wanted to for a really long time. So sorry for the inconsistency.

As for the drugs I've been taking, I've been swallowing down a most likely very unhealthy amount of Sudafed accompanied by some kind of Rubatessin (or something along the lines of a word that sounds like a three year old saying a big word wrong) that's supposed to taste like cherries but honestly tastes like acid. I don't know why people who make medicine feel the need to flavor things badly. If it isn't going to taste good anyway, just don't bother. Honestly. My excuse for so much of my recent Hershey's kiss eating has been so that it washes down that terrible aftertaste.

And, of course, I've been blowing my nose like a sick elephant. That's what my mother tells me I sound like, which is always a great thing to cheer you up when you already feel like crap. But I do have to agree with her. I sound like a lonely walrus trying to call out to it's mate, or something from the animal kingdom of odd noises. I try not to blow my nose in classes at the expense of my own dignity, but sometimes it gets so much where I find it hard to breathe, and then I dig into my bag of tissues and blow. It's lovely stuff.

Being sick also gives me an excuse not to run. One of my New Year's Resolutions is to run more, but I haven't been able to start on that yet. Instead, I've been up in my room stalking Lord Voldemort's tweets and various people on Facebook. I do have a life, I promise. Just when I'm healthy.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 608 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments