Morgan's Blog

Imagine all the colors in the sky
My stomachs full of tiny butterflies
I'm feeling so alive it makes me scared
I wish I could have known and been prepared

It feels likes it's warmer when your smiling
It feels like I've known you for a thousand lives
I'm flying above the world so hollow
Wherever this life will take us, follow.

Inspirational, melancholy, and beautiful quotes, graphics, and photgraphs. <3
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

D1: Kerli Kõiv

Submit "D1: Kerli Kõiv" to Digg Submit "D1: Kerli Kõiv" to del.icio.us Submit "D1: Kerli Kõiv" to StumbleUpon Submit "D1: Kerli Kõiv" to Google
Posted 11-12-2010 at 11:51 AM by pheobe918

Kerli Kõiv

Who is she?

Kerli was born in Tartu County, Estonia in the municipality Elva, with a population of 5,000 during the Soviet occupation of Estonia which ended when she was four years old. Her mother, Piret, was a social worker and her father, Toivo Kõiv, was an auto mechanic. Kerli's great-great-grandmother, nicknamed "Beautiful May" for her beauty, was a maid to a duke in Germany, with whom she had a baby. Her younger sister, Eliisa Kõiv is also a musician and competed in season three of Eesti otsib superstaari.
As a child, she studied ballroom dancing for eight years, practicing five days a week. Despite being discouraged, Kerli dropped out of school at the age of 16 to pursue her musical career.

Style & Influences

Kerli was first introduced to music by her kindergarten teacher when she told her mom that Kerli had "nice pitch" and that she was interested in taking Kerli to various singing competitions. At 8 years old, Kerli gained interested in classical music and as there was an absence of music in her early life, she only possessed one cassette by Bonnie Tyler.[4] She was also a big fan of The Spice Girls.[4] She began writing stories, mini books, and poems at the age of 10 to escape from her "abusive" household to an "imaginary world". She frequently cites Björk as a major influence and one of her favorite musicians and Sigur Rós as her favorite band.Among her other influences are Anouk, Joni Mitchell and Janis Joplin.
She frequently wears three dots called "Moon Marks" that represent integrity, love and unity, three things that are also followed by Moon Children: an elaborated fan community/street team established by Kerli for people who "feel too much and find it hard to exist in this world, so that they wouldn't think they're crazy."

Personal Life

Kerli has five tattoos. At the age of 15, Kerli asked her mother for a tattoo that states "music" in Chinese ("音乐"). Dubious, her mother told her that if she read "every book ... in town" on China and did a report on it, she would allow her to get the tattoo. Kerli did as requested and her mother took her to get the tattoo the day before her 16th birthday. She has two tattoos on her forearm: one of a butterfly which symbolizes "living everyday like it was [her] last" and that she would never "leave a person that [she loves] without them knowing how much [she loves] them" and the other tattoo states in Latin "Amicus Humani Generis" which Kerli translates "a friend of the human race." On her left forearm, again Latin, states "Agnus Dei" which Kerli translates "a servant of God." On her right foot, she has the letter "E", an initial of someone who "broke her heart."
Kerli currently lives in Los Angeles, California.

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3125 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments