Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > Auntie Parthena's Raw Nerve
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

A variety of issues on my mind that may strike your raw nerve. I have strong opinions but I'm also open-minded. Friends who agree with everything I say and believe would be boring. I love intelligent discussion and new ideas! Feedback welcome!
Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

The Sexiest Man In The History Of The World

Submit "The Sexiest Man In The History Of The World" to Digg Submit "The Sexiest Man In The History Of The World" to del.icio.us Submit "The Sexiest Man In The History Of The World" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Sexiest Man In The History Of The World" to Google
Posted 09-19-2010 at 05:20 PM by parthena
Updated 09-19-2010 at 08:54 PM by parthena

A few weeks ago, I caught the award winning stand-up act performance:

The Word According To Whoopi

What I've always loved about Whoopi is the way that she addresses political and sensitive issues with a sense of humor. I've already adapted her amazing wisdom on the "N" word when it comes to men asking if it's okay if they call me "sweetheart," etc:

ON WHITE PEOPLE WHINING THEY CAN'T USE THE N WORD :

"Why do you need my permission to call me something you know is wrong? And you know it's wrong because you feel you need my permission to call me that...and I'm not going to give it to you."

She had some hilarious insights into getting older. I laughed throughout the show, but the one that really got to me was:

"All the men in the room you think are hot are old enough to be your son, but you're too damn tired to go chasing them anyway." (not the exact quote).

With the MTV VMA's recently being aired, Justin Bieber has been getting a lot of attention. Now I might not think this young man was hot even if I was 13 years old, so I wonder what the attraction is. He's too baby-faced for me and I guess I've never gone for that.

When I was that age - and yes, my bedroom walls were papered with pages from Tiger Beat Magazine - my idols were baby-faced Davy Jones and Paul McCartney was my favorite Beatle. Later I came to appreciate Micky Dolenz, Mike Nesmith and Peter Tork - and in fact, I'm often attracted to men with looks similar to Mike's - and George, John and Ringo.

But back to the topic I started with -
although I grew up in the Woodstock era and loved the music, I don't recall thinking that any of the male musicians were particularly hot. Jim Morrison and The Doors supposedly did not appear at Woodstock because Morrison was currently in trouble for the vulgarity on state incident - or being in a drugged and paranoid state, the story varies. Everyone thought Morrison was hot because as Grace Slick of the Jefferson Airplane said, "He put sex on vinyl." (No, not on vinyl clothing - the old LP records were made out of vinyl!)

Over the years, my top hottest, sexiest man in the history of the world guys have been:

Nicholas Cage
Christian Slater
David Bowie
James Hetfield
Jason Newsted (former bass player with Metallica)
Adam Sandler

Cage and Bowie continue to get better with age.

I love the music of the 60's hippie era and I've even recently been on a mission to replace my old LPs and cassettes with CD's. Part of the reason for this is that even though my kids grew up on heavy metal, rap and hip-hop, when they were 13 and 14 they began swiping my Doors and Hendrix tapes and some got lost in the process. There is something about that music that will never die.

This past week, the Biography Channel has been showing a fabulous documentary of the life of Jimi Hendrix - as told by Jimi. Although due to his sexy interaction with his guitar on stage he was considered "sexy," I never quite thought of him as "hot" until now. If that man were still alive, I'd hunt him down - but I'd probably curl up in his lap to take a nap filled with sweet dreams rather than jump his bones. I'd rather have him sing to me or play his guitar. It's not his physical appearance that gets to me. It's the man inside the music and philosophy.

I'm sure I've lost y'all by now! I think what I'm trying to say is that our "Romantic Ideal" really changes over time. Maiden Divas are often looking for physical attraction and excitement. Mother Divas still want all of that but with security and stability.

And the Red Hat Divas? Well, this one wants

• Sense of humor - especially that comical one where they really don't mean to be funny and most of the wisecracks have some level of wisdom.
  • Creativity. Having something that keeps them going and satisfies them outside of the relationship - confident in their masculinity or femininity and balanced with both sides. Jimi said that it didn't matter if he lived until his 28th birthday because he'd had so many opportunities in just in the past three years that the world owed him nothing.
  • Flexibility and living outside the box. At the time, there was a lot of criticism for the way that Jimi played our national anthem at Woodstock. Vision and the conviction to do something great outside of expected norms is a strong sign of an emotionally healthy person. Adler's term "self-actualized" means that a person has satisfied all of their basic needs to the point that they are secure enough in themselves and in a good perception of the world to go above and beyond. Today, his version of the Star Spangled Banner is not seen as blasphemy and is respected as the great musical art that it is. By the way, Jimi was in the 101st Airborne and loved it. He suffered an injury right before the Vietnam War leading to a medical discharge, or he would have served there.
  • Sensitivity and empathy. James Hetfield may have been spitting on audiences, cussing and screaming in anger through his music for over 20 years, but in his poetic lyrics he is the voice of those who have experienced traumatic childhood issues and dissatisfaction with the government and humanity in general.
I'm adding Jimi Hendrix to the top of my list. Who do you think is hot at this point in your life, and why? Has your "romantic ideal" changed from what it used to be?
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 78

Comments

1. Old Comment
    My List:

1. Johnny Depp
    2. Paul Newman
    3. Cary Grant
    4. Clark Gable
    5. Taye Diggs
    6. Sean Connery (I'm surprised he's not on your list. I thought every woman had a thing for him, lol)
    7. Idris Elba

There's probably more, but I can't think of any
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meshia1384 View Comment
    My List:

1. Johnny Depp
    2. Paul Newman
    3. Cary Grant
    4. Clark Gable
    5. Taye Diggs
    6. Sean Connery (I'm surprised he's not on your list. I thought every woman had a thing for him, lol)
    7. Idris Elba

There's probably more, but I can't think of any
    Funny, I never did have a thing for the Bond guys - maybe Pierce Brosnan but I actually thought the other actor whose name escapes me - Mr. Sheffield on The Nanny! was sexier rofl

Ooooohhhh, I did forget about Taye Diggs! Yes, he should be on my list, what a cutie! Loved him in When Stella Got Her Groove Back.

Cary Grant and Clark Gable, so dashing, absolutely! and even Mickey Rooney in his younger days.

Jack Nicholson also occurred to me but I have a personal issue with that one. My poor dad was psychotic and behaved a lot like Jack's mean and hot-tempered side, especially The Shining. I grew up with that, I really did!

And Johnny Depp should be right up there, too - he has all of the qualities I listed!

Thanks so much for reading and posting!
  3. Old Comment
    Where's Richard Gere?
    rofl
    Updated 09-20-2010 at 02:45 AM by molokai
  4. Old Comment
    Al Pacino anyone!?!??!?!
  5. Old Comment
    Tim Roth!

and a young Clint Eastwood xD
  6. Old Comment
    Oh wow I have a huge list lol but I'll try to narrow it down ...

I'm with you guys on Al Pacino, David Bowie, Richard Gere, Sean Connery all so hot.. They seem to get even better with time

My guys would be:
    1. Denzel Washington (Overall Hot)
    2. Adam Levine (Soulful)
    3. The Marley Brothers lol.
    4. Terrell Owens aka T.O. (Great Body) lol.
    5. EverLast (sexy voice)
    6. Robert Deniro (Love him)
  7. Old Comment

Real Quick! Forgot

Rey Lewis Omg! he's so passionate about his Game .... Gotta Love that I think he's hot!!..
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kokobunny View Comment

I'm with you guys on Al Pacino, David Bowie, Richard Gere, Sean Connery all so hot.. They seem to get even better with time

My guys would be:
    2. Adam Levine (Soulful)
    5. EverLast (sexy voice)
    Terrell Owens is such a baby, great body, but big baby.
  9. Old Comment
    LOL. mine is VERY different

1.Chace Crawford
    2.Taylor Lautner
    3.Zac Efron
    4.Ian Somerhalder
    5.Ashton Kutcher
  10. Old Comment

Real Quick! Forgot

Quote:
    Rey Lewis Omg! he's so passionate about his Game .... Gotta Love that I think he's hot!!..

You watch football??? I love football... . Right now I like college better because they play with more heart, but football is such a manly sport. I LOVE IT
  11. Old Comment
    OK gotta put my top ten in

1.Bruce Willis
    2.John Travolta
    3.Tom Seleck
    4. Mickey Rourke(that body ooh lala)
    5. Jeffery Dean Morgan
    6. Gerard Butler
    7. Sam Elliott
    8.Shemar Frankllin Moore
    9. Nicholas Cage
    10.Sully Erna (GODSMACK< god what an eight pack)
    11. Kevin Smith (XENA, Aries)

okay so i couldn't stop at 10.
  12. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by molokai View Comment
    Where's Richard Gere?
    rofl
    I run hot and cold with him, I don't like those little beady eyes! But I do love him as an actor!
  13. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kaylalicious View Comment
    LOL. mine is VERY different

1.Chace Crawford
    2.Taylor Lautner
    3.Zac Efron
    4.Ian Somerhalder
    5.Ashton Kutcher
    Yikes, I only know who two of them are Ashton is a cutie, he's got a great personality - at least the part the public sees *wink* but most Cougar Cubs are fine with me! *wink*
  14. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by -Janice- View Comment
    Al Pacino anyone!?!??!?!
    YES! How could I forget!

Sometimes I associate an actor with a part they played so much that I don't like them, took me years to be able to stomach Eric Roberts after his part in Star80 (I think that was the one, it was about Dorothy Stratten, he played the evil boyfriend).

I hated Al's character in Scarface but I guess I'd seen enough of him to already develop a good attachment. His devilish character in The Devil's Advocate was normally one that would have turned me off but it didn't. In fact, compared to the way I relate to men in the real world I'm surprised I like him at all! He's a bit of what I call a "pig" in a lot of the parts he plays when it comes to his attitude towards women. He's another one that does get better with age!
    Updated 09-22-2010 at 05:20 PM by parthena
  15. Old Comment
    Quote:

My guys would be:
    2. Adam Levine (Soulful)
    5. EverLast (sexy voice)
    LMBO! I remember Whitley from - dang my memory is getting bad, was it A Different World? - rolling all over her bed in her dorm room fantasizing about Denzel! Denzel!

DeNiro is another one with the crazy characters, but he actually has all of the qualities I listed as well - another great one to add!

Haha, on football, I don't really have a favorite team. I get excited for whoever is running the ball! Doesn't matter who! I love the adrenalin rush of cheering them on! rofl
  16. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by richesfairy View Comment
    OK gotta put my top ten in

1.Bruce Willis
    2.John Travolta
    3.Tom Seleck
    4. Mickey Rourke(that body ooh lala)
    5. Jeffery Dean Morgan
    6. Gerard Butler
    7. Sam Elliott
    8.Shemar Frankllin Moore
    9. Nicholas Cage
    10.Sully Erna (GODSMACK< god what an eight pack)
    11. Kevin Smith (XENA, Aries)

okay so i couldn't stop at 10.
    Love Bruce Willis and how could I forget Sam Elliott - and another Sam - Sam Shephard!

and Mickey Rourke! If you've never seen Barfly - and he is a filthy drunk in that one! - you must!
  17. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by -Janice- View Comment
    Tim Roth!

and a young Clint Eastwood xD
    Yes, Clint was hot - even middle aged - physically. But there's that association thing with me again, I don't go for the macho man thing - but we do appreciate him for "Make My Day!"
  18. Old Comment
    Thank you all so much for reading and posting! It's been a hectic week, I hope I didn't miss anyone. Going on vacation Friday for a week but please continue the discussion if you have any more hot men that move you!
  19. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by parthena View Comment
    Yikes, I only know who two of them are Ashton is a cutie, he's got a great personality - at least the part the public sees *wink* but most Cougar Cubs are fine with me! *wink*
    lol, Chace Crawford is from gossip girl.
    Taylor Lautner from the twilight saga, shark boy &lava girl, etc.
    Zac efron, hsm XD, charlie st cloud, 17 again, etc.
    Ian Somerhalder, from the vampire diaries.
    Ashton kutcher. well you know
  20. Old Comment
    Mines quite diffrent as well lol

1)Ian Somerhalder
    2)Bradley James
    3)Jensen Ackles
    4)Kellan Lutz
    5)Colin Morgan
    6)Paul Wesley

Thats all i can think of at the moment.