Diva Chix Forums  

Go Back   Diva Chix Forums > Blogs > Behind The Looking Glass
Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Experience

Rate this Entry

Midnight Thoughts. Advice wanted

Submit "Midnight Thoughts. Advice wanted" to Digg Submit "Midnight Thoughts. Advice wanted" to del.icio.us Submit "Midnight Thoughts. Advice wanted" to StumbleUpon Submit "Midnight Thoughts. Advice wanted" to Google
Posted 09-09-2019 at 12:31 AM by ocean_crumbles

I recently went back to Dunkin and called out the last two days at Popeyes because the manager at Dunkin offered me more money on the spot if I came in that day. How was I supposed to let that offer just go away?

But I feel bad emotionally about it. I still want to stay at Popeyes for now as well but I also want to be where the better pay is. Plus Dunkin is so much closer to me...

But I am feeling sad because Popeyes is like a family and I loved working with almost everyone and I am going to miss them.

Plus I am sad that I probably won't be able to go to the Popeyes Christmas party anymore.. .and now I dont have holidays off..

I'm just really worried that now that I don't work there, I am slowly going to lose touch with some of those people who I consider friends because they're all I had really..

I'm feeling like I am going to be all alone if this fails me.

I feel like I have let down the popeyes GM. It wasn't something I planned.

Yes, I applied.

But I never expected to hear back so soon.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 361 Comments 4 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    You need to decide which is more important to u more money ore the sense of family and no holidays off if the people at Popeyes are like family and consider you as family they will still be there for you no matter where you work
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jacroc1999 View Comment
    You need to decide which is more important to u more money ore the sense of family and no holidays off if the people at Popeyes are like family and consider you as family they will still be there for you no matter where you work
    Youíre right. I really want to be able to do both. I want to have that option. Itís weighing me so much.
    Posted 09-09-2019 at 01:05 AM by ocean_crumbles ocean_crumbles is offline
  3. Old Comment
    Are you still in school? Just seeing if it's possible to keep both jobs. But I agree with jacroc1999, sometimes the experiences you have at the workplace outweighs the money you make at the end of the day. Also consider if the job is temporary or not (in terms of how many years you're going to be working there before moving to something else)
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by _xkilltonight View Comment
    Are you still in school? Just seeing if it's possible to keep both jobs. But I agree with jacroc1999, sometimes the experiences you have at the workplace outweighs the money you make at the end of the day. Also consider if the job is temporary or not (in terms of how many years you're going to be working there before moving to something else)
    Yeah, I am still doing school via online. It is graduate school. For now I have decided to try to keep both jobs.

The group from popeyes took me out for my birthday. The job is stressful but they're family.
    Posted 09-13-2019 at 01:01 AM by ocean_crumbles ocean_crumbles is offline